Forums

Topic: How do I get virtual console games for a $1.00 and $1.50

Posts 1 to 20 of 23

Tasuki

You have to own the game on the Wii mode of your Wii U. Then you just go to the Wii U Eshop menu and buy the same game from there for a buck.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LzWinky

If the game is on the Wii mode (i.e. you bought it from the Wii Shop), you can purchase the upgraded version from the eShop at the discounted price. When you are on the Purchase page, the price should be automatically lower.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

bezerker99

@ogo Don't taze me, bro!!!!! (oooh, in_tha faaace!)

@Pianomanfreak - the coolest $1.50 Wii U VC purchase I've made thusfar has to be F-Zero for SNES. I got that game for 200 Club Nintendo reward coins and then purchased it for a buck-fitty once it was released on Wii U VC.

Edited on by bezerker99

DarkEdi

Yes, that is a good technique. To buy with Club Nintendo points a Wii VC game and then buy the Wii U version cheaper. In this way you have the 2 versions and almost free.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Tasuki

I am waiting to do that with Super Mario Bros 3 and Mario Kart 64.

My Backlog

blaisedinsd

bezerker99 wrote:

@Pianomanfreak - the coolest $1.50 Wii U VC purchase I've made thusfar has to be F-Zero for SNES. I got that game for 200 Club Nintendo reward coins and then purchased it for a buck-fitty once it was released on Wii U VC.

Cool story bro...I got mine for 30 cents.

I got link to the past on Wii U the same way. Club nintendo is awesome like that.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Jazzer94

blaisedinsd wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Cool story bro...I got mine for 30 cents.

I got link to the past on Wii U the same way. Club nintendo is awesome like that.

^This 30 pence/cents ftw.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Bass_X0

Why should Nintendo make you pay at all? You already own the game on Wii. Sure there are additional features but the cost of the games on Wii U are the same as on Wii, and Nintendo already got your money from your original purchase?

Please understand? No. No I can't.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

faint

Bass_X0 wrote:

Why should Nintendo make you pay at all? You already own the game on Wii. Sure there are additional features but the cost of the games on Wii U are the same as on Wii, and Nintendo already got your money from your original purchase?

Please understand? No. No I can't.

you right.....everything should be free. why pay money? free free free. thats what you sound like.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Bass_X0

we've already paid Nintendo money for a VC game on Wii. same cost as it is on Wii u. thats not 'free free free'.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

Jaz007

He wants a unified purchase like Sony has for VC games. You buy it once, it's good for all platforms it's on.

Jaz007

Tasuki

Jaz007 wrote:

He wants a unified purchase like Sony has for VC games. You buy it once, it's good for all platforms it's on.

Well if people use that logic then I should get SMB free ten times over I bought the original cartridge with my NES years ago. So using that logical I should have got Super Mario Allstars for SNES for free as well as the Wii port of SMB All Stars, the GBA release of SMB, the VC on both 3DS and Wii for free.

People today want everything for free sorry it doesn't work that way. Business and Corporations need to make money too.

My Backlog

Bass_X0

Well, I don't expect Nintendo to give us our VC games on 3DS for use on Wii U. But for Wii to Wii U, they should since you can transfer ownership.

Well if people use that logic then I should get SMB free ten times over I bought the original cartridge with my NES years ago.

Oh? And when did Nintendo allow you to transfer ownership from one console to another with your original cartridge? Not at all. I'm talking about Wii to Wii U VC games.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Tasuki

Bass_X0 wrote:

Well, I don't expect Nintendo to give us our VC games on 3DS for use on Wii U. But for Wii to Wii U, they should since you can transfer ownership.

Well if people use that logic then I should get SMB free ten times over I bought the original cartridge with my NES years ago.

Oh? And when did Nintendo allow you to transfer ownership from one console to another with your original cartridge? Not at all. I'm talking about Wii to Wii U VC games.

But they were different consoles like the Wii and Wii U since when does buying a different console entitle you to never have to pay for games again?

My Backlog

DefHalan

You can transfer your Wii VC to Wii U without paying. You only pay if you want the extra features. Such as playing games using the GamePad or launching games from the Wii U menu rather than the Wii Menu inside the Wii U Menu.

The reason for they same price? It makes the Wii VC less appealing as you are paying the same amount for less content.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Bass_X0 wrote:

Then leave the games on Wii mode. That way you don't pay extra. Problem solved!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

faint

Bass_X0 wrote:

we've already paid Nintendo money for a VC game on Wii. same cost as it is on Wii u. thats not 'free free free'.

the extra cost of making new emulations....of miiverse intergration.....of improved digital manuals..........of the employees who do this work. listen if these extras arn't worth paying for then why arnt you happy just using wiimode? could it be because it's better? hmmm who pays for that i wonder?????

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Bass_X0

then shouldn't the wii u versions of the same VC games on the wii be more expensive?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.