Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,534

SomeBitTripFan

@paburrows

Use Sharla, heal everyone and spam, Thunder Bullet (it does elemental damage to Xord).

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

kkslider5552000

I suggest you use the next area after that boss battle to learn good strategies because if you're having this much trouble with Xord at that level, you're not gonna survive the later boss battles (although luckily the next area is pretty much a breather area by comparison so yeah).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SomeBitTripFan

I'm going to grind the last few levels of the game. Where can I get a lot of experience fast at level 85?

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

kkslider5552000

I'm finding all the 2nd to last level Heart-to-Hearts and then saying screw it to any level 80 and 90 monsters and quests involving them and maybe soon I'll actually beat this game.

paburrows

Thanks guys I beat Xord last night, for some reaon I beat a boss with Break and Tople but then just wonder around the countryside enjoying the sights and just cycling through the button mashing when in fights, so the break and topple reminder was helpful. Expect me bac for another reminder when I get to the next boss, and everyone after that. LOL

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

kkslider5552000

The first endgame boss fight was amazing. By that I mean it was incredibly difficult and then I got lucky and was able to constantly topple the boss before more annoying enemies could be summoned thus a hilariously anti-climatic battle. It was pretty awesome and I am so glad I didn't give up on the Spear Break/Kick combo for Melia.

paburrows

Another Question I keep running into these boomerang looking things which I think allow you to warp to previous areas? How do you use one?

kkslider5552000

paburrows wrote:

Another Question I keep running into these boomerang looking things which I think allow you to warp to previous areas? How do you use one?

Those are the Heart-To-Heart conversations. You can just warp by using the left-most option in the menu.

...did you not know this? Because that's kinda unfortunate if you didn't.

paburrows

Yeah I've just been wandering around like an idiot tourist enjoying the sights and every once in awhile fighting monsters. I experiment with things, but theres so many complax things that I have no idea about! LOL I'm not really a huge RPG gut, but I love Zelda and heard that this was great.

kkslider5552000

well they have the tutorial menu for a reason. And...is also why the first couple of hours of the game are basically a really long tutorial.

Beat the game. 131:50. Amazing game! 5 STARS! A+! 4 STARS!

paburrows

Yeah I keep refering to that.

Happy_Mask

Alright, I'm on the final boss, and I'm only level 77, should I go back and level up? I'm getting my butt kicked by the mini things and the combo. >:[

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

theblackdragon

@Happy_Mask: yeah, go back and level up a bit. I wasn't able to beat it until Seven hit 80 (everyone else was 79 iirc; she actually dinged during one of my attempts at the final boss lol) if it helps you to have a target level to shoot for.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Also; am I doing something wrong if it says it's going to do a certain attack in the vision, but then does the combo that kills me far too fast? (sorry if I'm being vague, but I don't wanna spoil anything )

theblackdragon

what do you mean 'far too fast'? if you don't have time to either block/counter the attack in question or get near to the person who can to warn them, you've got problems — it could be that you need to reorganize your gems, change up your armor/weaponry, rethink your party strategy in general, change up your characters' attacks, switch around your party, or you're just underleveled. it really could be anything.

BEST THREAD EVER

Happy_Mask

It's a two hit combo that does over 8000 damage to my party, killing both shulk and sharla always, and most of the time reyn. I haven't tried switching up my party, but it kinda throws my strategy out of order, as I'll need shulk for the monado arts, use reyn to redirect hits (he has the max HP) and sharla, who needs to heal round every couple of seconds. D: I can generally do fine up until it spawns the little versions, then they overwhelm me. -_-
on a slightly related note, the battle before the FB was awesome... And satisfying... And sad.

kkslider5552000

Final boss is awesome. I used Shulk, Reyn and Seven and used healing just enough and enough revivals etc to keep the characters alive, or at least never have 2 party members down. And then beat him after like the 5th or 6th try just through sheer endurance. Like level 80 I think.

This game pratically single handedly made sure I didn't abandon playing the Wii this year (well after Rhythm Heaven Fever of course). Wii went out with a bang, not a whimper.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

SomeBitTripFan

@Happy_Mask: I was level 83 fighting the boss and he was a pushover. I used Shulk, Reyn, and Sharla (simple and effective). Make sure you equip your best gems. His first form is the most irritating to me. Don't get distracted by the music in the second form though.

Just Someloggery

Happy_Mask

I beat him easily at 79. 3rd phase was epic.
And I thought the game couldn't have another mindscrew. I was horribly wrong. D:
But yeah, happy ending! Best RPG I have ever played. :3

theblackdragon

'bout freakin ' time you joined the rest of us in the winners' circle, Happy_Mask. 'grats on the :B:~

BEST THREAD EVER

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.