AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

801. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

To me 'Gears of War' looks childish.

[/div]

[/div]

Because that is totally relevent to that conversation (not that you're wrong, though Gears of War was never meant to be mature and high class. The developers made it specifically to be fun and over-the-top, something I've never seen you have any problems with before).

[/div]

Unless Von ment childish from a visual perspective, just thought i'd toss in what i feel looks childish visually, which is what most young XBOX/PS3 gamers feel is the complete opposite. And are you kidding me? Gears of war is dead funkin' serious, fun doesn't apply here, it's life or death baby. Because Ice Tea says so. :p lol If you've seen MS's E3 2011 presentation with Ice demonstrating gears 3 than you would know what i'm talking about. Why so serious? lol

Anyways, going off topic. I really need to check out Dewy's Adventure....Oh Dewy, you're so Doobular tee hee.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

802. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Unless Von ment childish from a visual perspective, just thought i'd toss in what i feel looks childish visually, which is what most young XBOX/PS3 gamers feel is the complete opposite. And are you kidding me? Gears of war is dead funkin' serious, fun doesn't apply here, it's life or death baby.

He meant childish from a difficulty perspective...

And just because it's not obviously funny doesn't mean it's meant to be taken seriously. Trust me, I got plenty of laughs outta the first two games (never played 3) and from the dev stories I read, it seems they had fun making it, too. It's story is B-movie quality and the action is hyperviolent to the point of satire. Outside of it's lousy attempt at drama with that one dude's story about his dad, I didn't really see much to take seriously.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

803. Posted:

@MickeyMacAttack

"isn't it super childish WITH the challenge levels suited for an 8 year old"

I took it as childish going in both directions, my badskies.
Anyways, i don't think i could even attempt playing more than 10 minutes of either entry in the franchise just to experience the B-Movie frills and over the top Goopy blood filled cheese :p, let me guess the over the top loud mouth curse filled dialogue from these beef bound stubble sporting Gorilla's were part of the reason for the laughs? Must of been. but eh, Gears of War is a franchise I'd never give a chance and i mean never. The only possible way would be pointer controls, but even then it just seems like another technical powerhouse-looking mindless(uh oh, the same could be said for the upcoming Resident Evil 6. eek!) shooter. An easy one at that with an overabundance of save points. Correct me if i'm wrong. But the bosses look might impressive, i'll admit.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

804. Posted:

Does anybody know how good Rhythm Heaven Fever/Beat The Beat: Rhythm Paradise is for people who have played the DS game?

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

805. Posted:

PikminMonster wrote:

Does anybody know how good Rhythm Heaven Fever/Beat The Beat: Rhythm Paradise is for people who have played the DS game?

pretty much the same quality of awesome. Buy it.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Bankai

806. Posted:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

I would say The Last Story its not too long as Chronicles. It's more of an RPG then Pandora's Tower is. If your looking for Story there's a lot more of it too. Though Pandora's Tower is more about a relationship as it doesn't have that many characters. Watch out for Chocobo he has a weird taste in games. Basically he likes what no one does and hates what everyone loves.

[/div]

Interesting. So I just imagined that some of my favourite games this generation didn't sell bucketloads and have massive-high critical ratings.

Great to know.

While I fully admit that I like some games that aren't popular (Nier), and dislike others that are (The Last Story), and yes, I like my "weird" Japanese games more than 90% of the stuff that comes to the west, most of my reviews are generally in-line with the approximate rating the games get in the Japanese press.

Now, how much longer do you think you're going to get away with following me around trolling me before the mods are going to start noticing that I keep reporting you?

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

807. Posted:

PikminMonster wrote:

You'll love it! The DS game is probably my favorite over the Wii game though, but its still amazing.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Zolgar

808. Posted:

Can anyone recommend me some RPGs/RPG-esque titles? I have Monster Hunter Tri, Xenoblade Chronicles, Animal Crossing City Folk, Rune Factory Tides of Destiny, and I have The Last Story preordered.

I've been looking into picking up Harvest Moon Animal Parade, which I suppose is more of a simulation than an RPG, but it seems like it fits my taste.

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

AuthorMessage

Emaan

809. Posted:

Animal Crossing is an RPG? :O

@Zolgar, you should get Little King's Story.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

810. Posted:

Zolgar wrote:

Can anyone recommend me some RPGs/RPG-esque titles? I have Monster Hunter Tri, Xenoblade Chronicles, Animal Crossing City Folk, Rune Factory Tides of Destiny, and I have The Last Story preordered.

I've been looking into picking up Harvest Moon Animal Parade, which I suppose is more of a simulation than an RPG, but it seems like it fits my taste.

RPG-esque titles? Now we're talking. Sakura Wars, Muramasa, Fire Emblem, Lost in Shadow, Fragile Dreams, Okami, and even Skyward Sword added some RPG elements new to the Zelda series. If none of that tickles you, there's always the Virtual Console.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

811. Posted:

@Gamesake How is A shadow's tale and RPG? Also, isn't Okami an adventure game like Zelda?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Aviator

812. Posted:

RPG-esque titles, not RPG titles.

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

813. Posted:

Okay, I get it. What RPG elements does A shadow's tale have though?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

814. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Okay, I get it. What RPG elements does A shadow's tale have though?

You get EXP from killing monsters and level up. Same as in Pandora's Tower.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

815. Posted:

I'll be ordering some classic arcade awesomeness with the Metal Slug Anthology later today. I also plan on getting the "highly recommended by Waveboy" Klonoa as well.

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Scollurio

816. Posted:

Hello there, I was a Wii user of the first hour, I also enjoyed the SNES back in the day, and the gamecube. Both the gamecube and later the Wii I sold in favor of getting the XBOX and the XBOX360. The reason mainly was that there was not many games that I enjoyed on both systems (Had the systems maybe 2 years after launch respectively) and I found more of what I was looking for on Microsoft's system. Things have changed a lot though, I am sick of only seeing all the same shooters everywhere and for my strategy games or MMO fix or some serious online racing I also have a more than capable PC here. My thoughts now were this, what about getting a Wii again, saving money so close to the launch of the Wii U (which no matter how good the system will be will not see any seriously interesting titles - for me - until mayb as well 2 years into its lifecycle) and getting some games I can enjoy with my friends, so I am mostly looking for good RPGs to play alone (got an eye on monster hunter) and most importantly things I can play with my friends and my girlfriend - all of them quite advanced gamers so please no minigame collections or too much kiddy-esque stuff please. I know about the graphical differences between Wii and it's competition but it doesn't matter to me. Gameplay is king (enjoying Chrono Trigger on my 3DS right now - which is also really lacking lots of good games but at least I can get many DS gems I missed for little money now, also playing EVERQUEST after 14 years!! again on my pc, so...).

My question is, now that you know a bit of my background, what games could you guys recommend to me. Im not too much of a fan of jump'n runs so you can leave them out of the equation. Thanks for your support in advance!

No regrets.

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998

AuthorMessage

BenAV

817. Posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Scollurio

818. Posted:

@vonseux: ah yes I've been thinking about Fire Emblem recently! ;) Thanks for reaffirming that. I know someone who will lend me a Wii for a Week so I can give it a try. ;) any more recommendations?

No regrets.

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

819. Posted:

Xenoblade is your one and only choice...okay, and maybe The Last Story since you're from Europe.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BenAV

820. Posted:

I second Fire Emblem!

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV