Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Play
Metroid Prime 3
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Mario Kart Wii
New Super Mario Bros.

I hope those are some good suggestions. These games hopefully will get those who haven't played Wii used to it. I've heard that even some non-gamers appreciate some of the Wii games. (Note: All of this ideas are games I've played.)

FireMario887

brooks83

WaveBoy wrote:

So uh, will Fatal Frame II be coming to the NA?

Right? Why did Nintendo buy the franchise if they aren't gonna make use of it?

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

ilovegaming

Crazybrain1 wrote:

I heard Rayman Origins is a good platformer. . .is it?

It's easily my favorite 2d platformer ever! If you like platformers, try to get your hands on a copy at some point. (but if you go for the 3DS version, first try the demo- compared to all the other versions, it's the weakest)

Edited on by ilovegaming

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AccessibleDaydream

Hello. I come to wake this thread from the dead.

I have recently made a list of Wii Games that I want, and the Operation Rainfall games are all on that list. My problem is that I am only able to get ONE of the three due to various reasons, so which Op. Rainfall game should I get? For reference, here are the three Op. Rainfall games:

• Xenoblade Chronicles
  • The Last Story
  • Pandora's Tower

I've never played any of these, and I love RPG games, particularly turn-based. Knowing this, which one of the three would you recommend for me?

Edited on by AccessibleDaydream

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

RikuzeYre

Xenoblade Chronicles.

RikuzeYre

AccessibleDaydream

My decision is Xenoblade then, thank the both of you.

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Mr_Vengeance

I feel like giving a little bit of credit to New Super Mario Bros. Wii, having finally gotten round to completing it this afternoon. I have had it for nearly two years, but only gave it the due time it deserves in recent weeks. I suppose the issue was that I did buy it along with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Sonic Colours back in the day, and just never got round to playing iot through properly.....

Anyway, I am quite the fan of the New Super Mario games, ever since getting the first on the DS (along with my Lite) on its launch. I really took to it, probably because it felt so similar to Super Mario Bros. on the NES (no surprise there). I much prefer 2D Mario platformers to 3D ones, even though I absolutely love a good 3D Mazza game For me, a well designed 2D platformer is about as good as gaming gets, particularly if they have lot of secrets (as NSMB 2 on the 3DS does - my favourite 2D Mario ever).

NSMB Wii isn't the best in the series in my view, and its probably not the best Wii platformer, but the levels are excellent fun to play through in single player. Very well designed, well paced and challenging, rarely being unfair or frustrating - unlike Donkey Kong Country Returns!(though that is great too!).

With everyone knowing of NSMB Wii, its probably a game that everyone accepts as good, if not great, but I think thats a little unfair - I think its a bit underrated. Its definately in my top 10 Wii games after the fun I've had with it recently - if you haven't picked it up yet then its well worth a go!

3DS Friend Code: 0645 6960 3230

Currently playing: Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Algus

Hey guys,

I haven't paid much attention to my Wii even though I've had one since launch day. Before some of these games get hard to find, I'd like to round up a few of the essentials. I was thinking of buying out the Nintendo Selects line but what are some other solid must plays on the system? (non Nintendo stuff? Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid, and Zelda seem like givens to me lol)

Only really need retail suggestions as I have tons of VC/WiiWare titles on my console (well on my Wii U now). I think that was the main thing I ended up using my Wii for.

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

CanisWolfred

Algus wrote:

(non Nintendo stuff?)

I may be of assistance:

• Okami - One of the best Action-Adventure games ever made.
  • Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - Best fighting game on the system.
  • Castle Shikigami III - a good shmup that should be cheap to get these days.
  • Sonic Colors - one of the better Sonic games in recent memory.
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade - A decent Action game with gorgeous graphics.
  • Red Steel 2 - The best FPS on the console, with some neat Action-game elements, a la Maken X.
  • Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon - The story is tripe, but if you like games like Mystery Dungeon, except better, it's definitely one to pick up.
  • Rune Factory Frontier - Like Harvest Moon? Like RPGs? Then prepare to have your life sucked away for hours on end. Glorious game, it is.
  • Monster Hunter Tri - The Wii U version is better, but it'd be cheaper to try this. Definitely a game that demands a lot of hours...and patience.
  • Trauma Team - Very interesting little game that's difficult to pin down and summerize. The various mini-games (for lack of a better word...) are fun, and the characters are likeable enough to give you additional incentive to play.
  • No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - The only Suda 51 I'd call "fun", it's actually a well-made Brawler with a decent and funny story. Definitely not one to miss.
  • Resident Evil 4 - A great shooter game all around, and most people prefer the Wiimote controls (though thankfully it still includes the classic controls for those who don't). I doubt much needs to be said about this mega-hit.
  • Samurai Shodown Anthology - Great collection for old-school Fighting game fans. SamSho6 alone makes it worth the purchase.
  • Metal Slug Anothology - Fantastic series of scrolling shooters that's really worth your attention if you have any interest in the genre.
  • Shiren The Wanderer - Like your Rogue-likes hard? Then this is definitely for you! Excutiatingly difficult, yet still very satisfying.

I also suggest trying out Xenoblade Chronicles and The Lost Story, two new RPGs from Nintendo that are easily among the top games they put out on the Wii.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Algus

I actually just picked up The Lost Story. I haven't checked ePay yet but Xenoblade Chronicles looks like it has quite the price tag already. I was actually dismayed when I was shopping around earlier and noticed a lot of out of print Wii games are already trading pretty high.

Thank you for the list sir. I do have RE4 Wii edition but I've not played any of the others besides Okami. I suppose from your list I am to believe the rumors about Red Steel 2 being better than the first game are true.

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

yojo

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is Smash Bros. Brawl a part of the $20 Nintendo Select line?

Unfortunately no, its 30 bucks new. Also I have to ask, would I be able to get by playing Earth Seeker without knowing any Japanese?

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

devinias

I am looking for some wii recommendations also. Much like others I play many styles and I am looking to grab some before they vanish. Just wish my wallet was a bit bigger.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Happy_Mask

devinias wrote:

I am looking for some wii recommendations also. Much like others I play many styles and I am looking to grab some before they vanish. Just wish my wallet was a bit bigger.

If I may make a suggestion, I say you should go to your local game store and look at the Nintendo Selects line of games. They are $20 individually. Outside of those, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Sonic Colors and maybe Zelda Skyward Sword.

Now judging by your avatar, you're a fan of Naruto. I'd definitely suggest the Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution games. Especially Naruto Shippuden:Clash of Ninja Revolution 3, as it perfects the mechanics of 1 and 2 and it covers the Kazekage rescue arc. It also has enough content to choke shukaku. Hope I helped.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

yojo

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Any beat em ups/hack and slash games you'd reccommend for the wii

MadWorld is fantastic, and has a really funny crude sense of humor and comic book art style. Its also only 3 bucks at gamestop used XD

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

CanisWolfred

yojo wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is Smash Bros. Brawl a part of the $20 Nintendo Select line?

Unfortunately no, its 30 bucks new. Also I have to ask, would I be able to get by playing Earth Seeker without knowing any Japanese?

Probably not. It's not part of an established franchise, you'd need good item descriptions, and mission odjectives. This is the closest thing to a guid I could find on the net too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv7E9oijq0c

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Midnight3DS

Has anyone played The Godfather:Blackhand edition? If you want that driving/shooting fix, I personally think it's more fun than GTA. Taking over businesses and rackets is pretty addicting. I only have the original vanilla version, but I think the Wii version has more missions, hit contracts, favors, and you may be able to hire additional mob crew to tag along, not sure.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Ste

The Godfather: Blackhand edition sounds intriguing, i may have to check it out, but I was hoping to ask about trivia games: jeopardy, trivial pursuit,... does anyone think one is the best and why? I do not have a wii speak for jeopardy, i don't mind multiple choice but unlike the TV show king on wiiware, is there one where you can't see how the others answer if it is a race. If you have ever played BUZZ on playstation 3, that would be ideal.
Thanks for any ideas and comments

Feel free to add me and contact me
Darn you Nintendo, my backlog is already out of control and you are just making it worse with these new game announcements!!!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic