Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 781 to 800 of 956

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

781. Posted:

@emman1

Klonoa will be the best $10 you ever spent! 10/10 experience for me....There's nothing else like it! The most surreal, whimsical and dreamiest platformer ever created. Punch-Out!! is also a brilliant sequal to the original and you'd be a fool to miss out on that one. Personally i can't speak for A Boy & his blob since i still have it sealed in my collection...It's been that way for years now haha. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

782. Posted:

@WaveBoy, thanks for the recommends! ;)

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

783. Posted:

So I bought DKCR like two days ago... I think I like it a lot better than Skyward Sword! :D Not that I didn't like that game, but it didn't have a nostalgic factor like DKCR does. Retro nailed pretty much everything in it. I just hope it lasts me quite awhile... I'm already on Area 4! :P

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

784. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Klonoa - Should I get this? Its only $10 at Gamestop

Yes. Waveboy explained it all. Just get it already. :P

Emaan wrote:

Xenoblade Chronicles - Would I like this game if I really like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy? Is it good visually and music wise (strange question, I know)

No. You will like it because it's a good game in every respect. And graphics-wise, it's deficient, but makes up for that by having a great art style. Music-wise it's fantastic, no doubt about it.

Emaan wrote:

A Boy and His Blob - Just need opinions on this one

I too have this still sealed...

Emaan wrote:

Punch Out!! - More opinions

It depends on how much you like memorizing patterns.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

785. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Xenoblade Chronicles - Would I like this game if I really like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy? Is it good visually and music wise (strange question, I know)

Depends on which Final Fantasy you compare it to, it's a lot like FFXII but better. Xenoblade is visually impressive in it's way. It's very colorful, sports loads of textures, new armor changes your appearance, and it has massive areas. Plus you won't see a loading screen every fifteen steps, like you would in Monster Hunter Tri. It's not all wonderful though--you'll see lots of polygon pop up in denser areas, like Makna Forest. The character models don't look like they were motion captured leading to some very goofy looking running and jumping animations, and faces could be more expressive. I can't find anything I dislike about the music though. It's phenomenal. Nintendo Power said some of the composers who worked on Kingdom Hearts helped make the 90 pieces of music that make up Xenoblade. Pretty impressive stuff.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

786. Posted:

I'm looking into Pikmin 2 (Wii) to get into the Pikmin series. Is that one or the first one a better introduction, in your opinions?

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

787. Posted:

NINTENDOFACE wrote:

I'm looking into Pikmin 2 (Wii) to get into the Pikmin series. Is that one or the first one a better introduction, in your opinions?

The second, because it lacks the day limit, so you have more freedom to experiment.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

H_Hunter

788. Posted:

Hey Everyone!

I need to try one last RPG game on my dear Wii. Here are the options:

1- The Last Story
2- Xenoblade Chronicles
3- Pandora's Tower

All have received very well reviews on this site but I only have enough stamina for one final RPG on Wii.

So if you were in my place, which one it's gonna be? and why?

Hint: long games are not my thing as I tend to finish a game as early as possible and move on..

Edited on by H_Hunter

3DS Friend Code:Moody2578-3840-9329

AuthorMessage

Bankai

789. Posted:

H_Hunter wrote:

Hey Everyone!

I need to try one last RPG game on my dear Wii. Here are the options:

1- The Last Story
2- Xenoblade Chronicles
3- Pandora's Tower

All have received very well reviews on this site but I only have enough stamina for one final RPG on Wii.

So if you were in my place, which one it's gonna be? and why?

Hint: long games are not my thing as I tend to finish a game as early as possible and move on..

You don't like long games, so that's Xenoblade out (you'll need 60 hours to do the bare minimum of that one).

You don't like bad games (I assume), so that leaves The Last Story out.

That leaves Pandora's Tower. I personally love that game, but that was more for everything but the game.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

790. Posted:

I would say The Last Story its not too long as Chronicles. It's more of an RPG then Pandora's Tower is. If your looking for Story there's a lot more of it too. Though Pandora's Tower is more about a relationship as it doesn't have that many characters. Watch out for Chocobo he has a weird taste in games. Basically he likes what no one does and hates what everyone loves.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

791. Posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles is brilliant,but you're talking a 60 hour + game,so I guess that's not you're thing.

Pandora's Tower is a basic Zelda at the end of the day,with a unique story,and combat system.

The Last Story is the best of the Operation Rainfall games,end off,not too long,not too shot.
A epic game,and my favourite game on Wii.

@LollipopChoSaw Why the hate on The Last Story?

Edited on by Not-Another-Ad

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

792. Posted:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

Watch out for Chocobo he has a weird taste in games. Basically he likes what no one does and hates what everyone loves.

This gets my blood boiling every time, not matter who it is. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean you have any right to ward people away from him, and in this case it's hardly true. A lot of people have expressed disappointment in The Last Story. Just give your side and let the requestor decide who to listen to.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

793. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

Watch out for Chocobo he has a weird taste in games. Basically he likes what no one does and hates what everyone loves.

[/div]

This gets my blood boiling every time, not matter who it is. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean you have any right to ward people away from him, and in this case it's hardly true. A lot of people have expressed disappointment in The Last Story. Just give your side and let the requestor decide who to listen to.

Don't listen to Mickey, he's just a little cranky after missing his nap.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

794. Posted:

Radixxs wrote:

Don't listen to Mickey, he's just a little cranky after missing his nap.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that was a joke. Even still, it really does burn me up every time.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

795. Posted:

The Last Story is about 40-60 hours and in my opinion the best of the three. After all it's the ideas and variety in gameplay and story/characters that count (in an RPG), but Xenoblade is pretty amazing as well in almost any way (also gets my "best vg soundtrack 2011" award).
Xeno often goes way beyond The Last Story in regards of scale or "epicness" and helpful features and interesting extras, but the basic gameplay, battle system, and controlling of characters isn't as rich as what I found in The Last Story.

And don't listen to the other comparisons. Xeno lets you play as a group of teenagers (with 2 exceptions) and TLS has a more mature and mature acting party. If you're a teenie you might enjoy Xeno more. If you're older then you might enjoy the TLS characters a lot more.
And if you decide to get only one, you will miss out on one great RPG anyway.

PS. I'm in the last tower of Pandora's Tower. And it is indeed much like Zelda, but only the dungeon part (which is most of the game). I think it lacks an overworld that is more than just one building, and I have serious issues controlling my character when swinging on a vine or hanging lamp or hook or something. It's definately the most difficult of the three RPGs, because it's much more action and puzzle-based, and once your level is high enough to not get slaughtered by the monsters, it's still quite challenging to find solutions to the puzzly sections of the dungeons. Combine that fact with the time limit, and the feature "enemies can damage your items/equipment and make them useless until returning home to repair for money" and there you go.
I don't think it's on the same level as Xeno and TLS, but I like it still and will beat it soon, and because it's so different there's always the chance that you like it more than the other 2.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

796. Posted:

I can't believe how many people haven't at least tried A Boy And His Blob yet. That game is amazing! :O

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

797. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

I can't believe how many people haven't at least tried A Boy And His Blob yet. That game is amazing! :O

Isnt it super-childish with the challange level suitet for an 8 year kid?

It is if you ignore reality, yes.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

798. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Isnt it super-childish with the challange level suitet for an 8 year kid?

If you mindlessly plow through every level, sure. But if you try and 100% it, it gets a little trickier than that.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

799. Posted:

To me 'Gears of War' looks childish. A Boy & his Blob looks like some wonderful & whimiscal interactive animated movie. Kirby's Epic Yarn had the challenge level suited for a 6 year old but that didn't stop you from playing it then did it Vonseuxy? I tend to usually dislike easy games, but sometimes it's really just about soaking up that one of a kind unique experience and both A Boy and his Blob along with Kirby easily have that going for them.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

800. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

To me 'Gears of War' looks childish.

Because that is totally relevent to that conversation (not that you're wrong, though Gears of War was never meant to be mature and high class. The developers made it specifically to be fun and over-the-top, something I've never seen you have any problems with before).

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~