Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 926

FireMario887

Is that website suitable for children? because my mom said I shouldn't be surfing the web to unknown websites. Because I don't wanna catch any bad language.

FireMario887

HaastMK7

'This thread still lives?'

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

ThePirateCaptain

Well i've been playing the Wii version of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and it far exceeded any expectations. Building up insane banana combos and pounding bosses with DK's fists is so satisfying. This is really the only game (save Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games) that my arms have actually gotten tired though. That and the sound through the remote is really loud but those minor things hardly detract from the fun.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

shinesprite

@CapnPancakez Thanks, but I already have the GameCube version (it's even more tiring). I went to GameStop yesterday and just swapped out the bad copy of Zack and Wiki.

shinesprite

Banker-Style

@WaveBoy The graphics seem okay to me,yeah the PS3 version looks a lot better,but still I didn't find it that fuzzy.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

SKTTR

For Wii standards the graphics in Rayman Origins were rather excellent.
It looked and played as if it was made for Wii, it seemed extremely polished and optimized. (Comes from someone with plenty of Wii games to compare).
Of course in HD it would have looked even sharper, but other than that I see nothing to complain about.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

xThomas

Multiplayer party action game collection like crash bash, but for Wii. recommend me some!
Also, I looked up Wariowares. Not sure if thats a Wii game or Wii U game, but I hate games that only last a few seconds.

I already have Mario Party and Wii Sports, but neither of those satisfy the Action Multiplayer Mini Game genre. To give you a small taste of what Crash Bash was like to help you understand what kind of games I am looking for

Edited on by xThomas

xThomas

ChuJelly

(I'm pretty sure this is the thread for this.... sorry if it isn't ^^;)
Hey guys, I kind of need some suggestions for what games to buy. Recently, my uncle gave me a $20 WiiWare card for... well, no particular reason, actually O_o I've always had a wii for a long time, but I haven't really bought many WiiWare games, nor Virtual Console. So with 2200 points left on the store, I need some suggestions on what to buy... because, having paid no attention to the Wii Shop Channel, I'm pretty clueless. Can anyone give me some suggestions for VC or WiiWare games to buy? Preferably the best of the best or some cheap games that would allow me to get two with my remaining points... and by the way, I've played hardly any classic games AT ALL. Only OoT, Majoras Mask, many NES classics, and all of the Kirby Games. So if there are any huge must plays there, I would love to hear them ^-^ (I'm thinking of getting Super Mario RPG, maybe)

Restoring your life and magic in a pinch since 2003 :)

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9121-4172 | Nintendo Network ID: PBnJelly

Jeremyx7

Here is my personal recommendation:

• La Mulana (Wiiware): One of the best games ever created in my sincerest most honest opinion. If you enjoy 2D side scrollers such as Super Metroid, Cave Story, Donkey Kong Country, Mario, ect.. than you will absolutely love this game. It does everything all these games I just mentioned do but on a much more vast & epic scale.
  • Fluidity (Wiiware): A super well crafted platformer/puzzle/adventure game all in one giant mix with great variety in level design, special abilities, and exploration. Tons of fun.

Those would be my top 2 recommendations that I can think of off the top of my head. There are allot of great choices on the Wiiware/Virtual Console. Almost forgot to mention Contra Rebirth & Megan Man 9 & 10 which are completely original new titles to their respective series.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Gamesake

@ChuJelly I'd pick VC over WiiWare, and I'd pass on Super Mario RPG. Get The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past along with Final Fantasy III or Chrono Trigger instead. They were the best SNES games not counting Mario Kart.

You could also consider
Super Metroid
Mega Man X
Actraiser
Golden Axe
Monster World IV
Shadow Dancer
Strider
Beyond Oasis
Shining Force II
Phantasy Star IV
Samurai Showdown IV
Metal Slug 3
Ys Book I and II

If you do decide WiiWare I'd pick Mega Man 10 first of all, maybe Cave Story, and World of Goo is cool but it's 1500 points on VC, so you wouldn't be able to get another game unless you chose an old NES game or something like Dart Rage.

You could easily get two great games, but whatever you choose, I think you'll end up with leftover points unfortunately. You could use your leftover points to buy some DLC in Mega Man 10 if you want. Just an idea.
(Buyer Beware--some of these games can be found cheaper on PC or in retail collections elsewhere.)

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

chiwii

I think that the free Wiiware demos are still available. You could try out some of those to see if you like them before buying. Here's a list - https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/01/your_favourite_wiiwa...

Some of the best demos were Rage of the Gladiator, Cave Story, Fluidity, World of Goo, NyxQuest, and Art of Balance.

Do you have a classic controller or a gamecube controller? If you don't, you won't be able to play some VC games.

chiwii

e-love

I would definitely recommend Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Donkey Kong Country Returns to anyone who hasn't gotten either Wii gems yet. They both blow New Super Mario Bros. Wii out of the water. Such awesome 2D revivals.

On another note, would anyone recommend Xenoblade Chronicles to me if I'm a fan of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

ChuJelly

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I decided on getting Fluidity and La Mulana (thanks Jeremy!), but I've found so many VC and other games that look cool that I think I may have to get another points card. The two games I bought gave me no leftover points, at least. I'll remember all the rest of your suggestions if I get another card! (I might get Megaman 9 or 10 on my PS3 later, with my other card I have yet to spend.... they seem to have it on sale quite often.)

Restoring your life and magic in a pinch since 2003 :)

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9121-4172 | Nintendo Network ID: PBnJelly

ThePirateCaptain

Emaan wrote:

I would definitely recommend Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Donkey Kong Country Returns to anyone who hasn't gotten either Wii gems yet. They both blow New Super Mario Bros. Wii out of the water. Such awesome 2D revivals.

On another note, would anyone recommend Xenoblade Chronicles to me if I'm a fan of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts?

While its not exactly like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, even the smallest fan of JRPG's should try Xenoblade Chronicles. The amount of content and scale of the world make it much more than a worty investment. I also recommend The Last Story as well because the combat system is really great plus it has an engaging story.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

kkslider5552000

Xenoblade should be played by everyone. Unless you hated the direction FFXII went and even that's arguable.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Crazybrain1

I heard Rayman Origins is a good platformer. . .is it?

Edited on by Crazybrain1

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

Gamesake

Crazybrain1 wrote:

I heard Rayman Origins is a good platformer. . .is it?

It is but Sonic Colors, NSMBW, and DKCR are better. In a lot of ways I even prefer Kirby's Epic Yarn and Wario Land: Shake It over Rayman, but Rayman Origins is a long game that looks good and sounds great. It's very challenging (sometimes frustrating) too but you get unlimited lives and frequent check points so whatever. It has poor multiplayer though and very little replay value (which is especially painful considering you're required to replay old levels before you're allowed to play new ones).

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

xThomas

So is nobody going to recommend me a game? I asked this like a week ago

I want a game like the Playstation classic, Crash Bash. Every minigame was beast.
Has anyone played a game like it?

xThomas

e-love

Would anyone recommend Mario Party 9?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic