Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 926

Gamesake

You said you found Trauma Center for only $5 but I'd still say no to it. The game has you draw a star or pentagram like symbol in the air to slow down time in order to complete surgeries. The game rarely recognizes what you're doing. There is none of that in Trauma Team.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

FonistofCruxis

I disagree with Gamesake, I think LKS is far better than the Pikmin series and I think both NMH games are worth getting. The first one is awesome but I think that the sequel is even better. I would also recommend:
Super Mario galaxy 2
Warioware: smooth moves
Wario land: The shake dimension
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world (only if you've played Tales of Symphonia for GC as Dawn of the new world is a sequel to that game)

Ludicoloishome

well i'm not a big fan of SPM or Warioware but why is Warioland so good? i've heard some amazing thinks about that game but i don't ever hear why?
and im thinking about it i need a RPG for the wii but i havn't found a good one yet that appeals to me

Ludicoloishome

kkslider5552000

It's a really good game and you can probably find it for cheap somewhere but only a few people are really "OMG AMAZING GAME" about Wario Land Shake Dimension

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rk3388

Can someone help me choose 2 games between okami, xenoblade, paper mario sticker star, NSMB2 for 3ds, tales of the abbys 3ds and kingdom hearts 3d? I cant choose!

rk3388

SMEXIZELDAMAN

robbiemactavish wrote:

Can someone help me choose 2 games between okami, xenoblade, paper mario sticker star, NSMB2 for 3ds, tales of the abbys 3ds and kingdom hearts 3d? I cant choose!

XENOBLADE!!!!!! Then Tales of the Abyss for 3DS after that. Both are great games. Xenoblade is first by miles though!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

CanisWolfred

robbiemactavish wrote:

Okami and Tales of the Abyss 3D.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

BenAV

robbiemactavish wrote:

Definitely Xenoblade above everything else.
Not sure for the second game, but personally I'd go with Paper Mario.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

FonistofCruxis

robbiemactavish wrote:

Tales of the Abyss which is the second best game ever and Xenoblade chronicles.

rk3388

Thanks everyone! I think i made up my mind that xenoblade is a definite as everyone seems to recommend it and i think im between tales of the abbys and paper mario for the second one but ill wait until paper mario reviews come out!

rk3388

rk3388

does anyone know where i can find xenoblade in canada for a fair price? i cant seem to find it

rk3388

Xyphon22

So I recently acquired a free Wii points card. I now have 2500 points and am looking for some advice on what to get. Here are some of the ones I'm interested in and any of my thoughts beyond "It looks fun."
Adventures of Lolo, Faxanadu, Gradius-loved as a kid but never beat, presence on 3DS reminded me of it and would probably rather have on the Wii
Castlevania-a major franchice that I've played very little of, but there are so many games that I don't know if I want to go down that pricey road if I end up loving it
Ninja Gaiden 2-have and love the first, never played any of the others
Zoda's Revenge-played Star Tropics and liked it, but not sure if I liked it enough to want to play the sequel that has mixed reactions to it
DoReMi, Legend of the Mystical Ninja- probably the one I am definitely going to get, loved the N64 one and heard great things about this one
Ys Book 1&2, Beyond Oasis-just thought it looked interesting, Ecco-loved Tides of Time, never played the original
Shining Force, Phantasy Star-heard good things, but never played a Master System game before
WiiWare:these are ones that I played and liked the demos - And Yet it Moves, Art of Balance, Dive:Medes Island, Jett Rocket, Max & the Magic Marker, NyxQuest
Also Mega Man 10 - I like Mega Man and already have MM9, I just don't know if I'd rather have a different experience rather than another Mega Man

Any thoughts on these or recommendations for others? I have pretty much all Marios and Zeldas, World of Goo, both LostWinds. I also enjoy unique experiences (like Kirby's Epic Yarn and NightSky), so if there are any hidden gems that I might just not be aware of, please let me know. Finally, RPGs are my favorite genre, so if there are any great ones of those that I need to try (I already have Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3). Thanks for any help.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

CanisWolfred

@Xyphon22

Group 1 - They're all good, though note the Gradius can be an incredibly frustrating game since if you die once, you may as well quit and start over.

Castlevania - It's worth trying the first at least. Heck, I still consider it one of the best NES games of all time. The rest of the Castlevania series is all on VC for cheap except for Bloodlines, and even then, I got it for $20. That's not bad for a well-sought-after Genesis game.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - If you loved the first Ninja Gaiden, the second is well worth playing as well. It's not quite as infamously frustrating as the first, and it has some cool powers to play with.

Startropics II - Don't bother. If you didn't love the first, the second doesn't really improve it in any way, and as you can guess, is actually worse in some ways, too.

Group 2 - DoRemi Fantasy is one of the best platformers on the VC. Mystic Ninja...well, it depends on your frustration tolerance. It's nothing like the N64 games, for one thing...otherwise, it's a good, but very hard, platformer with good ideas to say the least.

Group 3 - Get both as soon as you can. While they're short, they're great games and some of the best that the VC has on offer.

Ecco 1 - It's flat out terrible - confusing, frustrating to the Nth degree, poor design choices all around...Stick to the second one. It fixes all of those problems.

Group 4 - Phantasy Star puts Dragon Quest to shame and even gives Final Fantasy a run for its money. It's beautiful and well paced for an NES game. Just be prepared to draw some maps and take loooots of notes. Shining Force is fantastic, too. More charm packed into two games than I've ever seen in a Non-NIS SRPG.

No comment on the Wiiware stuff.

In the future, you might want to ask for VC games in the Virtual Console section, and Wiiware in the Wiiware section. This thread is for Disc games only.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xyphon22

Thanks for the advice. Sorry, I didn't realize this was for only disc games. I just didn't want to split up my questions, so I thought this was the best place to put it.

Xyphon22

CanisWolfred

I can understand that. But it actually helps to split them up so you can have more exposure. People who have more experience with Wiiware tend to check that section more often than the Wii section, theoretically, and those with more VC experience probably check that section more often, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xyphon22

Yeah, I just asked about some more on the WiiWare thread. Thanks again.

Xyphon22

Gamesake

@Jon_Talbain You did not just recommend Ninja Gaiden II and then slam Ecco the Dolphin for being too frustrating.

...in my pants.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic