Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 926

kkslider5552000

you've clearly never played Ecco.

The 2nd or 3rd area of that game is like some super hard mode stupidly designed puzzle water level nightmare.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

WaveWitch wrote:

So i've had No More Heroes 2 for quite a while now, and i've kept putting it on the back burner. I've beaten the original and it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Must of been the repetitive Jobs, Stale Level design and awful Hub World. The combat/controls, stylish presentation, Boss battles and the story were the main attraction. In NMH2, The 8-bit Jobs and No Hub World in NMH2 should be a nice improvement. Yet it seems like NMH2 has been getting mixed reactions, some even saying that it feels kind of souless compared to the original.

It has less memorable boss characters. Probably.

And....that's it. There is literally nothing else.

Gamesake

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WaveWitch wrote:

So i've had No More Heroes 2 for quite a while now, and i've kept putting it on the back burner. I've beaten the original and it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Must of been the repetitive Jobs, Stale Level design and awful Hub World. The combat/controls, stylish presentation, Boss battles and the story were the main attraction. In NMH2, The 8-bit Jobs and No Hub World in NMH2 should be a nice improvement. Yet it seems like NMH2 has been getting mixed reactions, some even saying that it feels kind of souless compared to the original.

It has less memorable boss characters. Certainly.

But... that's not all. NMH2 got rid of K-Entertainment. So now you're forced to play mini games if you want to buy any new gear. With K-Entertainment I used to take on a side mission and have $100,000 in sixty seconds. In NMH2 you'll be lucky to score half that after twenty minutes of mini game monotony. The gym is worse too. Hope you like retro game knock offs.

This time around there's no story. (Just one more reason NMH2 shouldn't exist.) They even acknowledge it in game at the start, which I thought was funny. NMH2 holds onto the humor that kept the first game light and enjoyable--for about ten seconds. The characters almost immediately deteriorate into whiney moody creeps. Do yourself a favor and skip the cut scenes. The game ultimately ends up being more enjoyable without them.

The levels are longer like the 'fans' wanted, but they're duller than before too. Aside from the prison level, every stage is just long stretches of enemies and more enemies and then some more enemies. They put up more of a fight now too. The original NMH's emphasis was the boss fight. NMH2 instead tries hard to feel like every other brawler you've already played.

It's by far not as good as the original, but it's not all bad. It has great visuals, an exercise side quest for your overweight cat, and you can turn into a tiger now.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

rayword45

You've gotta be kidding me.

NMH2 >>>>>>>>> NMH

Pros:

Better jobs
Less grinding (jobs not necessity)
More variety (Shinobu/Henry)
Simpler map (EVERYBODY bitched about the freaking overworld)
Better Story when it wasn't a problem in the first place (Travis trying to get laid vs Travis trying to avenge his best friend as well as (later) getting laid)
Overall, more polish and style then the original

It may seem repetitive after playing the first, but the second was definitely the superior game considering all the flaws it fixed. Now I need to try Killer7 to see what all the raving is about.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

kkslider5552000

Gamesake wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WaveWitch wrote:

It has less memorable boss characters. Certainly.

But... that's not all. NMH2 got rid of K-Entertainment. So now you're forced to play mini games if you want to buy any new gear. With K-Entertainment I used to take on a side mission and have $100,000 in sixty seconds. In NMH2 you'll be lucky to score half that after twenty minutes of mini game monotony. The gym is worse too. Hope you like retro game knock offs.

This time around there's no story. (Just one more reason NMH2 shouldn't exist.) They even acknowledge it in game at the start, which I thought was funny. NMH2 holds onto the humor that kept the first game light and enjoyable--for about ten seconds. The characters almost immediately deteriorate into whiney moody creeps. Do yourself a favor and skip the cut scenes. The game ultimately ends up being more enjoyable without them.

The levels are longer like the 'fans' wanted, but they're duller than before too. Aside from the prison level, every stage is just long stretches of enemies and more enemies and then some more enemies. They put up more of a fight now too. The original NMH's emphasis was the boss fight. NMH2 instead tries hard to feel like every other brawler you've already played.

It's by far not as good as the original, but it's not all bad. It has great visuals, an exercise side quest for your overweight cat, and you can turn into a tiger now.

I like how you ignore the horribad overworld or imply NMH has a worthwhile story (it was clearly just tons of parodies and its weird FLCL-style look into gaming). Or that the first game had good levels (they had to rely on laughably bad gimmick levels after a while).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

WesCash

I still need to play my copy of NMH2 as well. My main problems with the first game were the "horribad" overworld as kkslider put it, and having to play missions and sidejobs multiple times to scrounge enough money to continue in the game.

From my understanding, both of those things were fixed in the sequel. I can't possibly see how the original could be better.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Banker-Style

I'm really tempted to buy one of the Just Dance games,which is the best?

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

rayword45

Buy a DDR game. Or do some actual dancing.

Seriously though, Just Dance is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to music games, pick virtually any other title and it's bound to be better, even games like Band Hero are better.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Gamesake

rayword45 wrote:

Better jobs
Less grinding (jobs not necessity)

Which NMH has better mini games(jobs) is irreleavant. I don't want to play any mini games in No More Heroes or No More Heroes 2. Without K-E, the mini games are your only option to make extra money and that's a BIG negative. You can play the main campaign without money but you'll need to pay to max your stats at the gym and buy better weapons. Which is necessary if you want to tackle the harder difficulties. Sooner or later you'll have to play the mini games in NMH2 and you'll have to play them quite a lot.

spoilers

Better Story (Travis trying to get laid vs Travis trying to avenge his best friend as well as (later) getting laid)

The first game was about Travis becoming #1. It's obvious from where he lives, what side jobs he takes, and what's on his answering machine that he's never been #1 at anything before. Along the way he meets Sylvia, uncovers the secret behind the UAA, avenges his master, and pieces together the holes in his past. Sure it's all meant to be ridiculous, but it's great fun.

In NMH2, his best friend (a minor character from the video store) is killed by men who work for the #1 ranked assassin (in an organization that never existed). This causes Travis to throw a fit. Am I supposed to care about any of this? The rest of the game is just Travis and Sylvia moaning about nothing. There's also some preachy nonsense thrown in there about assassins being people too. NMH2 starts to feel like it's taking itself way too seriously after awhile. It's all ends on a limp climax too--definitely missing a lot of what made the first game work so well.

no more spoilers

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I like how you ignore the horribad overworld

What is there to say? The hub world was a very minor part of No More Heroes.

Or that the first game (had to rely on laughably bad gimmick levels after a while).

At least you were laughing. The laughs are few and far between in No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle.

...in my pants.

rayword45

Gamesake wrote:

Story summary + opinion

Both games were over-the-top, but NMH2 did it better by also adding quite a bit of deconstruction. And NMH had a joke of an ending, which was more likely to piss off gamers then make them laugh.

Gamesake wrote:

It's not a minor part of a game when you have to spend a lot of time in there to get to the meat of the game.

Gamesake wrote:

At least you were laughing. The laughs are few and far between in No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle.

But they do exist. Frankly, I liked the mixture of serious and humorous tone.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

kkslider5552000

Gamesake wrote:

"very minor part", "half of the game". Same thing.

FonistofCruxis

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WaveWitch wrote:

I actually really liked some of the bosses in NMH2. In fact, my favourite boss in the series is from that game, Margaret Moonlight. Some of my other favourites from that game are Alice Twilight, Mimmy, Cloe Walsh, Charlie McDonald and Skelter helter. I agree with KKslider, the sequel is defnitely better than the first game but the first NMH is still an excellent game. I can see where Gamesake is coming from about K-entertainment. I preferred doing missions from there to the side jobs but other improvements like the removal of the overworld make up for the lack of K-entertainment.

Banker-Style

rayword45 wrote:

Buy a DDR game. Or do some actual dancing.

Seriously though, Just Dance is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to music games, pick virtually any other title and it's bound to be better, even games like Band Hero are better.

Well I've had a go on one of the Just Dance games,and it was actually quite a lot of fun.

In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

SubBronze

I hate Just Dance, played it once with my sister because I was bored once, completely unresponsive.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Ludicoloishome

okay so mario party 9 or wii party? i would get mario party 9 but i heard it had less minigames and everybody travled around together

Ludicoloishome

rayword45

I'd go with Wii Party. There's only one traditional board, but then a bunch of other modes including a map which could basically function as a second board and several game show like boards, and the mini-games are better IMO. There's a lot more variety for multiplayer options. And it's significantly cheaper at this point.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Ludicoloishome

only two-three people will be playing the game btw

Ludicoloishome

DeathAngel

I recommend Wii Playground

Life is like Dora.

SparkOfSpirit

Disney Guilty Party is the best party game on the Wii, by far.

If you're interested in party games you should really look it up.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Banker-Style

Spark_Of_Spirit wrote:

Disney Guilty Party is the best party game on the Wii, by far.

If you're interested in party games you should really look it up.

I heard it was a pretty decent game,did this actually came out in the UK?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic