Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 481 to 500 of 960

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

481. Posted:

Can anyone recommend Red Steel 2 for $16? I'm torn...

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

482. Posted:

It's a great game, I would buy it.
The motion plus controls are great.

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

BenAV

483. Posted:

JarvanZheitk wrote:

It's a great game, I would buy it.
The motion plus controls are great.

Agreed... It's a bargin for that price.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

484. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

Can anyone recommend Red Steel 2 for $16? I'm torn...

It doesn't really control like a FPS, it's more like Metroid Prime (FYI). I wouldn't buy it unless you already have Wii Motion Plus in order to play it. Red Steel 2 barely uses Motion Plus at all, so buying an expensive accessory is not worth it for this game.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

485. Posted:

I already have Wii MotionPlus.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

pikku

486. Posted:

@Oddy Yes, Red Steel 2 is a very fun game. @Gamesake what do you mean Red Steel 2 barely uses Motion Plus at all? It is probably the best example of M+'s capablities besides Sports Resort and possibly Wii Play Motion ( haven't tried that) to date. Every Swipe of your Wii mote is pretty much perfectly represented onscreen. It definitely would not be possible without WM+. Anyway, oddy, I say go for it. it can get kinda repetitive, seeing how there are only four guns, but overall the game is very entertaining, and for sixteen bucks, you should have a good time with it.

so pretty :O

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

487. Posted:

OK thanks guys, I might get it.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

488. Posted:

Lord_pikky wrote:

@Gamesake what do you mean Red Steel 2 barely uses Motion Plus at all? It is probably the best example of M+'s capablities besides Sports Resort and possibly Wii Play Motion ( haven't tried that) to date. Every Swipe of your Wii mote is pretty much perfectly represented onscreen. It definitely would not be possible without WM+.

Nonsense. Only when you're blocking will you see 1:1 motion. This game was a wasted opportunity.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

489. Posted:

Batman: The Brave and the bold it its! B-) Along with....

Metal Slug Anthology
Dewy's Adventure
Ju-On: The Grudge

UntitledUntitled Untitled Untitled

Also, I recommend Sin & Punishment 2 to those who are a fan of that type of genre, while i can see the greatness, it just left me feeling cold in spots, probably because of it's cold anime empy lifeless presentation.... the two main characters of course were just blugh.

It's like a high octain balls to the walls rollercoaster ride, and while there were moments of greatness like the underwater stage, duking it out with those gigantic eels that looked like they were going to pop out of the screen, or that giant fying incredibly tough tiger/eagle boss and the Space-fied stardusty vivid bullet frenzied ultraINTENSE final boss battle ect ect, yet I just started to grow tired of it all....

I'm just not a fan of most on rail/shooter games, or shooting games in general...Although there are a couple of exceptions....Plus, the music was pretty weak and unmemorable and the End final boss kept weezin' on my grindage.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

490. Posted:

So in Metal Slug: Anthology which Metal Slug game do you guys consider the greatest & weakest out of 1-7? B-)
I remember playing a bit of the first back in the arcades, while i got around to playing and beating Metal Slug 2(which was no easy task by the way...The last Alien infested stage especially was pure madness!), and most recently MS7 for DS.

Untitled
Riding Elephants with Laser beams strapped to their backs while blasting down heaps of Zombies? Oh Metal Slug, you're so cool Brewster!

Part of me wishes I would of not bothered with MS2 on the Wii's VC considering the newer release 'X'(which is included in the MS: Anthology) improves big time on the crazy bad slow down issues that reaked havok n MS2. Great game, but that blippin slow down hampered the experience...

Anyways, MS3 is regarded by most thee' greatest hands down.....As it seems to be the most crazy, original and imaginitive out of the bunch. :)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

491. Posted:

You wont be disappointed with Batman the Brave and the Bold Waveboy especially if you have someone to play the co-op with you. My son rented that from Blockbuster and after watching him play the first level I had to jump in an play it with him.

Wow you have never played or liked a Batman game since Batman on the NES?

Have you ever tried Batman Returns on SNES or The Adventures of Batman and Robin on SNES? If you havent I suggest you check them out especially if you liked the Tim Burton movie or the 90's animated series.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

492. Posted:

Metal Slug X is my favorite. Which is odd as it's just Metal Slug 2 except slightly better.

It makes me think it was released entirely because they released Metal Slug 2 too early. (insert Capcom joke here)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Matillion

493. Posted:

Hey! Hey, listen! Listen hey! Over here!

I agree with you, @MahWaveBoi. Metal Slug 3 hands down.
The one I didn't enjoy too much was 4 or 5. Don't remember which of 'em.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

Bankai

494. Posted:

Gonna recommend Samurai Warriors 3 again. Because I haven't for a while.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

495. Posted:

Gonna recommend Little King's Story and/or Muramasa. Because I haven't for a while.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

496. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Gonna recommend Little King's Story and/or Muramasa. Because I haven't for a while.

Seconded. But only after Samurai Warriors.

And Chocobo Mystery Dungeon.

Little King's Story is a neat number 3 though.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

n0body

497. Posted:

So I heard about this niche game released only in Europe called Zeno's Blade or something along those lines. Granted with a name like that it's probably just some cheesy-japaneesy, emo hack n'slash, but I hear its built up a small cult following...
Should I consider getting it when it hits the bargain bin?

n0body

AuthorMessage

Matillion

498. Posted:

Untitled
There. Now you want it.

3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

499. Posted:

n0body wrote:

So I heard about this niche game released only in Europe called Zeno's Blade or something along those lines. Granted with a name like that it's probably just some cheesy-japaneesy, emo hack n'slash, but I hear its built up a small cult following...
Should I consider getting it when it hits the bargain bin?

No, you're so wrong.
Senoblade is one of those minigame shovelware collections with these hilarious robots for Japanese kids aged 2 - 5.
Don't ever pick it up if you find it in the bargain bin. Games like this should stay in Japan forever! Please spare us the garbage!
I hate Nitendo! They should bring out some hardcore gamers finally! House of Death! Death Rising! Black OBS! Unharted 3! GTA VI! HELO! Mortal Komback! Death Space! Risedemt Evli! These are the games I want to see on Wi! All the cool stuff for mature people! No that manga Heidi bull! But no , NOTHIIINNNG !!!! we get only more of the neverending pile of raddish, and Xemoblader is one of the worst in my imo!

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Matillion

500. Posted:

Untitled

3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374