Forums

Topic: Why are some people not impressed at Nintendo's E3 2009 conference!?

Posts 41 to 60 of 100

Adam

The PS3's motion controls actually are impressive in a way. Microsoft has full motion capture. Wii has full motion control. PS3 will now have both. The FPS demo suggests some great possibilities of being able to move around while using IR and motion control, too. And unlike Microsoft, they showed it in action (well, Microsoft showed some very limited applications like a elephant shadow puppets... yawn). Too bad there's no release schedule or associated game. The possibilities are tantalizing, but the possible cancellation or flopping due to a lack of support is perhaps more realistic. Nintendo has nothing to worry about.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

zane

Isn't Adam a computerprogram in fusion or something. I don't get this duh-uh-eurgh?

@chattyham

Please don't hurt me....

Edited on by zane

Old Nintendofan from up north...

MrPinguy

^
he was human before dying to save Samus. (You hear Samus talking about that before the 1ยบ lv) (EDIT: Of Metroid Fusion.)
The computer was a copy from his mind after that because his military talents were precious for the federation.

Edited on by MrPinguy

MrPinguy

zane

When what who?

Is all this from the manga? Or was Adam in metroid snes also?

MrPinguy

^ In games, Metroid Fusion for GBA only,there you hear most of that.
In the manga it's just a small apearance before Samus going to save the chozo, and i think before that in some Federation conference, but nothing too important.

In Fusion is where is the most info about him.

EDIT: more info here -> http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Adam

Edited on by MrPinguy

MrPinguy

BMF_JOE

honestly it was 85 percent were baby and or granny games they shouldn't of spent more than 10 seconds on that wii vitality crap and most the time they were talking oh we wanna bring everybody into gaming and seriously i was yelling stfu and talk about real games not wii fit + games .like mabey 4 hardcore games im looking forward to the most is metroid other m (stupid name lol) i mean there up there talking about women's murder club or whatever and i was like really?????

BMF_JOE

Joeynator3000

I don't understand why everyone hated Nintendo's conference...sure, no Zelda Wii or Pikmin 3. But Metroid Other M? Four Mario games, three of them looking great! Metroid surprised me there, so I'm good.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

brandonbwii

The conference was bad, the game announcements were good. I even enjoyed some of expanded audience announcements like THQ's Women's Murder Club, a game a grandma can enjoy without it actually insulting her intellect.

@BMF
It seemed like Nintendo themselves didn't care about that vitality game. Just to please investors, I guess.

Edited on by brandonbwii

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

BMF_JOE

its defiantly a step in the right direction but still a bit of a let down....im not saying it was horrible but i felt like there focusing on the wii fit and other peripherals way to f*cking much

BMF_JOE

WolfRamHeart

I was disappointed at first after watching Nintendo's E3 press conference. Who can blame me, they always leave you wanting more! But I'm over it now. I'm just going to relish in the awesomeness of the games Nintendo did announce today! Nintendo will always be #1 in my book!

WolfRamHeart

metakirbyknight

I'm disappointed beacuse I wanted my Kirby Wii game. I will now go cry in my corner.

On a much happier note, what they did show was amazing. It's just E3 gets so hyped up, and you want certain things, and they just weren't developed in time.

Where's that Kirby game you promised us years ago Nintendo? WHERE?

@ 49- What's the fourth? New SMB Wii, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and what?

Edited on by metakirbyknight

Stalk me on my Twitter.
Proud Homebrewer.

Adam

@MKK
Mario and Luigi 3

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Atlantis1982

I love it people were hoping to get a new Mario and Zelda more than F-Zero, Starfox (which I heard was denied from the last developer), Pikmin (how can the third be any different from the other two anyway), and Pit Icaris (Get over it, its a myth, plus you could just get Icarian or whatever its called).

To those that I was just referring to, I dub thee Hypocrites!

BMF+JOE wrote:

honestly it was 85 percent were baby and or granny games they shouldn't of spent more than 10 seconds on that wii vitality crap and most the time they were talking oh we wanna bring everybody into gaming and seriously i was yelling stfu and talk about real games not wii fit + games .like mabey 4 hardcore games im looking forward to the most is metroid other m (stupid name lol) i mean there up there talking about women's murder club or whatever and i was like really?????

Did you ever had any credibility in this forum for people to take you seriously?

Edited on by Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982

zane

Atlantis1982 wrote:

I love it people were hoping to get a new Mario and Zelda more than F-Zero, Starfox (which I heard was denied from the last developer), Pikmin (how can the third be any different from the other two anyway), and Pit Icaris (Get over it, its a myth, plus you could just get Icarian or whatever its called).

And your point is? What? To provoke? You're ugly!!!

Atlantis1982

zane wrote:

Atlantis1982 wrote:

And your point is? What? To provoke? You're ugly!!!

No, the point is that people really have no idea what they want anymore and just go down in hissy fits.

Atlantis1982

zane

MrPinguy wrote:

^ In games, Metroid Fusion for GBA only,there you hear most of that.
In the manga it's just a small apearance before Samus going to save the chozo, and i think before that in some Federation conference, but nothing too important.

In Fusion is where is the most info about him.

EDIT: more info here -> http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Adam

Searched wiki and didn't find myself (Noob) And i really hate when comics have different stories than their movie/game counterparts (see starwars ) There also was this sign (circuit board) in the trailer for a split second telling about something akin to "research body suit yadi yada" What up with that? Hmm something for the future release perhaps? Anyways...

Btw Did Jim Henson rip of Metroid when he made Dark crystal? The mystics remind me of chozo.

Edited on by zane

zane

@atlantis did i do a hissy fit? please remind me if i do I am calm now....MMM metroid.... Can't wait.

Atlantis1982

zane wrote:

@atlantis did i do a hissy fit? please remind me if i do I am calm now....MMM metroid.... Can't wait.

If you are completely satisfied with this press conference then I ain't talking to you.

Though if you were hoping for a Mario/Zelda game, and got those (Yes, I am counting Spirit Tracks) announced then start complaining there were not any of the other franchises (I admit I am surprised no news of Pikmin, yet, from the conference, but I honestly don't care for the Pikmin series anyway) then that is who I am upset about. I felt this conference can get us Nintendo owners really excited about when I saw Galaxy 2 (Don't care for that game) and Metroid OM (DO FREAKIN CARE ), but clearly I am proven wrong.

I just feel so completely confused with this fanbase, and I find it sad sometimes that Nintendo just keeps getting thrashed from not only the other two console fanatics, but from within. Oh well, I am excited to see first party titles I want to get, but I do pay more attention to the third party, and there is a wonderful lineup already.

Edited on by Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.