Forums

Topic: Why are some people not impressed at Nintendo's E3 2009 conference!?

Posts 81 to 100 of 100

warioswoods

Corbie wrote:

I'm going to say this one time and one time only. Do not use profanity on these forums. That includes the "F" word. I'm getting all these notifications and it's always the same thing. This is the last warning and accounts from here on out will be permanently banned.

???

That's incredibly inconsistent and irrational, I have to say. You've (pl.) been posting some very explicit links, like the cosplay women, on the main page of this site in recent months, so there is absolutely no lingering question that this is not a family-friendly website. I understand banning the use of profanity when it is insulting or directed in a hostile manner at other board members, for that is certainly a different question of maintaining civility, but to have the news stories I've seen here recently and then state that profane words are unilaterally unacceptable is utter nonsense. Someone needs to stop and think about the intended audience and identity of this site, and go one way or the other with it.

EDIT: @Adam -- I see your point and agree that it can be easily a matter of hostility, but if someone says, for instance, that a new trailer is f*** incredible, I don't see how that would be an issue. Not that I really care about it, to be honest, but I do want this site to figure out what its identity is vis-a-vis age, and stick to it across all areas without bizarre inconsistencies.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

ATRUEZELDAFAN

Dont get me wrong this years E3 was good, just not great. I mean they announced 4 new mario games and no new zelda for wii. sure we have thee little snipit of Miyamoto confirming that there is one and a hidden peace of artwork, but that is not nearly enough to satisfy me.

CHECK OUT MY AWSOME VIDS! http://www.youtube.com/user/ATRUEZELDAFAN

Corbs

zane - I didn't direct it at you. Just a statement after all the mod notices I received on the Shadx post above. We're running a family-friendly site here, and we don't need a lot of profanity on the forums as any post that contains foul language gets marked and then the flood of marked messages starts filling up my inbox which very much displeases me.

And if I've mistakenly posted links that contain explicit material, please bring it to my attention and it will be deleted.

Edited on by Corbs

Plain old gamer :)

Adam

It wasn't really explicit, but it was very, very tasteless. Those scantily clad dancers who cosplayed as Nintendo characters. I wish I could forget it as easily as you have.

Oh, and there was that link to nude fan art of the Musarama Demon Blade girl (I think).

I tend to remember there being other weird "news" items, but fortunately I've blocked them out if there were others.

EDIT: Also, some news posts have had mild cursing, though no F bombs, and it has been awhile. I don't want to point fingers, but I'll point it out if it comes up in any new articles. As an adult I don't mind seeing it that much, but I am sympathetic to the idea of running a family-friendly site.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Corbs

What are you talking about? What nude fan art?

A-SWE

it was some stippers i remember
and your news says "f***ing A!" on the front page ^^

Edited on by A-SWE

[url=http://backloggery.com/mrb][/url]

Adam

I just told you... the girl from Demon Blade, I think. I'll see if I can dig it up. It was just some anime picture showing the girl's backside and posterior, but it seemed no less inappropriate than someone saying the F word.

Come on, friends,

warioswoods

Eh, I don't really think the Murumasa thing was that bad, only a bare back really. I'm not opposed to the explicit if it is at least artfully done, and those were excellent drawings, but the cosplay article was just sort of cheap and trashy, it seemed to me. But I'm actually not really that concerned about the topic in general, it just struck me as odd that I saw such articles and then saw mentions of no-profanity rules.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/05/nsfw_fan_made_murama...

Can't find the strippers link, though, since it's hard to search for news items not attached to a particular game.

EDIT: @Wario, yea, I thought the picture was great.
Just, if they're censoring one thing, why not the rest? The dancers article though... ew.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Corbs

Well if you can find it, let me know. We're trying to keep the risque stuff to a minimum and the "F" word gets a lot of marks when someone posts it. And I'm not upset, I just want to keep the mod marks down a bit.

And I'm talking about stuff I myself posted.

Edited on by Corbs

Corbs

And I'm not talking about the damns and hells, you know words I mean. If you must, at least ** out some of the letters so everyone and their dog doesn't mark them.

Adam

Corbie wrote:

And I'm not talking about the damns and hells, you know words I mean. If you must, at least ** out some of the letters so everyone and their dog doesn't mark them.

Oh, phew, good, because I just said damn.
Oh I said it again! How embarrassing.

Come on, friends,

A-SWE

Anyway, the thing that supprised me at E3 was that Nintendo was on for such a short time

[url=http://backloggery.com/mrb][/url]

Corbs

I think the biggest thing that caught me off guard was how laid back the whole thing was. Even in the down years, Nintendo usually has some flash to the thing, but this year felt like they just wanted to announce the games and go home.

Luckily they were some great games. I'm excited about these upcoming titles myself.

Edited on by Corbs

Atlantis1982

I would had like to see more new WiiWare stuff announced, only thing I can think that is new was Zephyr.

Atlantis1982

Kaeobais

thewiirocks wrote:

Shadx wrote:

Metal Gear Solid: We already did that.
Final Fantasy: We already did that TWELVE TIMES!
Ninja Gaiden: We already did that, too.
First person shooters: we already did those.
Platformers: we already did those aswell.
Video Games in general: Yep, did that too.

Miss the point much? The Wii is a generation of console. Everything Nintendo is delivering, we already had this generation. Which wouldn't be an issue if there weren't huge, gaping holes in the rest of their library.

BTW, I agree with the Final Fantasy one. Seems like everytime you turn around, Squeenix is squeezing out Yet Another Epic(TM) that is purported to be the FINAL fantasy. (Yet for some reason isn't. Hmm...)

Alright, I understand what you're saying, but really, all of this is new. Ninty has actually said they're working on a new Zelda (it was posted on the site), Metroid: Other M looks FAR different from the other metroids, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a 4 player side scrolling mario, when in ANY generation has that been done? They also said SMG2 would be 85% new stuff, so yes, we did do some of it, but so what? It's only the second time, it isn't like it's mario galaxy 14 or something. As for Mario vs Donkey Kong, I don't know much about that so I can't comment. I can see what you're saying, but I disagree.

@Corbie: My bad, I didn't know cursing wasn't allowed.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Corbs

It's alright, just try to watch the "F" bomb. It tends to receive a lot of attention when it comes to readers marking the posts.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.