Forums

Topic: Why are some people not impressed at Nintendo's E3 2009 conference!?

Posts 61 to 80 of 100

SupermarketZombies

Overall I liked it, but they could've done without some parts of the show. It was definitely better than Sony this year from what I saw of the Sony conference.

Scared of the future, but bored with the past.

Atlantis1982

SupermarketZombies wrote:

Overall I liked it, but they could've done without some parts of the show. It was definitely better than Sony this year from what I saw of the Sony conference.

I was actually amused with their copy-cat MC remote demo, and the MotionMod Racing game (or what it is called correctly).

Atlantis1982

zane

I am by no means satisified with press conference, i think that metroid made up for it. Speaking to myself i'le guess i never be satisified with Nintendos support of me but that's all my issue (disease)

However i would really really like a new Zelda for wii, since there hasn't been one espescially made for wii yet and since Eiji Anouma has promised (sort of) to top Ocarina of time.

@Atlantis hope you took the "you're ugly" joke the right way btw. Oh.... And be trashed from within... I don't own a xbox/ps3 and i hope I never will...

Edited on by zane

Old Nintendofan from up north...

Kaeobais

thewiirocks wrote:

Metriod - We already did that
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - We already did that on the DS AND Nintendo didn't give enough info to know whether it's a must-buy or not
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Love the addition of Yoshi! But otherwise it looks like that same game. We already did that.
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - Yay! More good DSi games! Still, it's obviously part of the "little bit of..." strategy that gave of Master of Illusion, Brain Age, and a whole bunch of WarioWare minigames on DSiWare. Just with something a bit more enticing than magic tricks.

Everything else we saw, we already knew about. (Except for the Vitality Sensor. Here, pull my finger.)

What Nintendo didn't show was any expansion of their franchises on the Wii. No Star Fox, FZero, Kid Icarus, or even a whole new franchise. Nintendo seems to be stuck in a tunnel vision with their IP, They are only seeing their biggest franchises and milking them until they're exhausted.

Plus, the presentation was duller than the knives in a child's toy kitchen set. Iwata-san is usually great, but he just yammered on and on and on and on before finally giving us something no one wanted. Reggie did little more than keep his title as the Regginator by defeating some poor sap at basketball. Cammie was much better, but watching her do the robot on stage was not that entertaining. (Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!) So, B+ is my score. Passable, got many viewers interested, but overall fell flat.

Metal Gear Solid: We already did that.
Final Fantasy: We already did that TWELVE TIMES!
Ninja Gaiden: We already did that, too.
First person shooters: we already did those.
Platformers: we already did those aswell.
Video Games in general: Yep, did that too.

I thought it was pretty good. The zelda, as others have said, will no doubt be announced later. The games they announced are all gonna be released within the year (some, such as metroid and mario galaxy will be in early 2010), which means their about ready. They aren't announcing games that aren't ready, such as, say, zelda. Plus, who cares if it's not "news", alot of things were spoiled before e3 by alot of companies, don't act like nintendo's the only one. And Sony didn't really reveal anything ground breaking, except the motion controller, which, though it's rip off of the wiimote with a ball on the end (I know, they said it'd look different later), looks pretty good, unlike natal.

Edited on by James

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Kizzi

I thought it was absolutlely amazing!!!!!!!!!!
2 marios? you can't go wrong there.
The only thing that would have made it better, as most people said, would be a new zelda!
(which will most likely be told later)

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

thewiirocks

Shadx wrote:

Metal Gear Solid: We already did that.
Final Fantasy: We already did that TWELVE TIMES!
Ninja Gaiden: We already did that, too.
First person shooters: we already did those.
Platformers: we already did those aswell.
Video Games in general: Yep, did that too.

Miss the point much? The Wii is a generation of console. Everything Nintendo is delivering, we already had this generation. Which wouldn't be an issue if there weren't huge, gaping holes in the rest of their library.

BTW, I agree with the Final Fantasy one. Seems like everytime you turn around, Squeenix is squeezing out Yet Another Epic(TM) that is purported to be the FINAL fantasy. (Yet for some reason isn't. Hmm...)

Edited on by theblackdragon

thewiirocks

Adam

It's a good point, Wiirocks, but I haven't given up hope on the other series yet.

For one thing, there is plenty time for new announcements this year:

Fall Media Summit: A good place to highlight one of their minor game series like F-Zero, perhaps even springing an announcement of an imminent release like they've done before. My guess is Retro's project will be announced then since they have had a good bit of time to work on something now.

Tokyo Game Show: Someone pointed out that Zelda tends to pop up here. I don't know if that's true, but I kindly doubt a Wii Zelda will be shown this year given Miyamoto's hesitant comments about it yesterday. Still, they could pop out something else, like an outsourced Star Fox.

The one thing that was sort of bothersome about Nintendo's comments is how small the Pikmin 3 team was. I don't know how their teams work, but if they were out of team members because of another Galaxy game underway, that's kind of lame. Then again, I'm not a huge Pikmin fan (good games, but not amazing), but I completely understand this is frustrating to Pikfans.

But Nintendo only announced one new first-part Wii game for this year, excluding Wi Fit which is hardly a game (though the minigames look a lot better than the first Fit), so I would expect at least one or two announcements for summer and/or fall.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

zane

@adam remember that Japan get's everything Nintendo first so it would be proper to show a new Zelda to them first. Does Miyamoto speak english? Eh.... No!

TwilightV

I see some people aren't paying attention. Let me put in a refresher:

The Legendary Starfy (Remember this?)
Golden Sun DS (Haven't seen this series in a while)
Sin & Punishment 2 (Been even longer since we've seen this one)
Monado: Beginning Of The World (I hear this one may be first party, making it a NEW NINTENDO IP)

Put that together with the strong possibility of new Zelda and Pikmin next year (Yes, they didn't forget about you, just give them more time!).

So, yeah. The only things they haven't covered are a small handful of series (who's teams are likely working on other projects) and people who will likely never be satisfied.

TwilightV

Ho11oWxxMaN

I have a friend that is more into his 360 than anything, and he always rags on me for staying faithful to Nintendo. He was talking so much crap about the conference, so when I checked, I couldn't believe how good some of the titles were. Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M sold it for me. I don't have the time to game like I used to, so I would rather see Nintendo roll out just a few high quality titles a year, then crap every month like some of the other consoles.

Ho11oWxxMaN

Adam

zane wrote:

@adam remember that Japan get's everything Nintendo first so it would be proper to show a new Zelda to them first. Does Miyamoto speak english? Eh.... No!

I just said it might get shown at Tokyo Game Show, but still Japan doesn't get shown everything first. We got shown SMG2, NSMB Wii, Golden Sun DS, and Metroid Other M before Japan. Time will tell who actually gets the games first, but that doesn't matter to me.

TwilightV wrote:

Monado: Beginning Of The World (I hear this one may be first party, making it a NEW NINTENDO IP)

Nintendo is confirmed to be publishing it, but I can't find information on the developer anywhere. It really does not look like a Nintendo game. I hope it's not, honestly. Disaster Day of Crisis looked bad enough. I'd rather Nintendo stay away from these overly serious games. All their other RPGs have been colorful, humorous, and lighthearted; this looks nothing of the sort. Might still be good, but just doesn't look Nintendo-y, you know?

I'm more interested in Arc Rise Fantasia. Has anyone heard a peep out of this game from E3's floors?

Come on, friends,

zane

Seriously though. Die pikmin die... It's like Disney would do Lion king 2... Oh they did? and it sucked? wow. Indy 4 no way... oh yes way bleurgh! For me it seems that the franchise got it's final instalment with no 2 (good'un btw) Miyamoto even said it was a small team working soon... No team working period

I've read that Monado had screentext in korean and that would probably make it an outsourced game distributed by Nintendo.

Edited on by zane

A-SWE

Lion King 2 was good, so was Indy 4 ^^

[url=http://backloggery.com/mrb][/url]

zane

@a-swe Landsförrädare!!! Och jag antar att du gillade my little pony the movie också?

Edited on by zane

A-SWE

zane wrote:

@a-swe Landsförrädare!!! Och jag antar att du gillade my little pony the movie också?

ömmm.... nope.

[url=http://backloggery.com/mrb][/url]

Corbs

I'm going to say this one time and one time only. Do not use profanity on these forums. That includes the "F" word. I'm getting all these notifications and it's always the same thing. This is the last warning and accounts from here on out will be permanently banned.

Plain old gamer :)

malpon

Some people are just never pleased as for me as long as one good games is in my future im happy.

This lesbian bar doesent have a fire exit!

zane

@corbie i haven't used any cursewords on nintendolife that I know of but somehow i felt targeted. How come it isn't allowed to use profanity on Nintendolife? Has it to do something with sponsors? I didn't find anything about cursing in the terms of use so please fill me in

ND799

The Nintendo Conference was great, but it needed more Fire Emblem/Pokemon/Smash Bros.

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein on the Wii

Adam

@Zane
Cursing is sometimes used in a harmless way, but more often than not it is abused language that is intended to be inflammatory. And even when it's not, it can be misinterpreted this way. It serves no positive purpose, and people are sensitive about the language, so there is no reason to use it. Too many fights and misunderstandings arise from immature language, that it becomes annoying after awhile just to see the language.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.