Forums

Topic: What new bundles should Nintendo use with the Wii?

Posts 21 to 30 of 30

Kidpit

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

They only had one Gamecube bundle right? The Pokemon XD bundle. It was a special edition Gamecube, so I don't think they would do it unless the make a special edition Wii.

I think they also bundled the GCN with Super Smash Bros Melee near the end of it's lifecycle.

Kidpit

J_Bitties

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

J+Bitties wrote:

Well, if Nintendo is so against a price cut and Capcom is so set on making Monster Hunter a huge US franchise (I think it can), then I'd like to see a joint Capcom/Nintendo Bundle with Monster Hunter 3...with the Black Wii

Oh...this is my reason! This would establish a copy of MH3 in every home that purchases a WII which, IMO, would be a great way to immediately establish this franchise. I know other MH's have been released in the US, but come on, MH3 with the Wii? This becomes a flagship franchise.

One problem. Nintendo has never had an third-party bundle in the United State before, even thought we did see one in Japan, I wouldn't count that happening in North America, since after all, most Wii owners are casual gamers.

@RandomWiiPlayer: Actually, I think there was a Super Mario Sunshine bundle for the Gamecube, you just might not remember. Thus, it would make sense that Super Mario Galaxy gets an bundle too.

Incorrect...to a point...3rd party bundled with system? Not that I recall, you're right, BUT Nintendo just recently made a genius decision to package a peripheral with a 3rd party game...Wii Motion Plus with T Woods 10. The precedent has been set.

And it won't be released in the US even though it was in Japan where it's sells exactly the same software at almost the same rate because it's a casual system? You do know that Capcom is trying to establish a franchise here, right? You do know that the Japan bundle is the best way to establish said franchise, right? It's just hard for me to take the comment seriously from someone that constantly says that, no matter what the US Court System says, Earthbound will get released, that a package that already exists won't end up here. I'm sorry, the MH3 Package has more of a chance of seeing the NA light of day than the VC release of Earthbound ever will.

J_Bitties

ItsFuzzyPickles

J+Bitties wrote:

[div.userquote]Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

<blockquote class="+Fan1999">

J+Bitties wrote:

Well, if Nintendo is so against a price cut and Capcom is so set on making Monster Hunter a huge US franchise (I think it can), then I'd like to see a joint Capcom/Nintendo Bundle with Monster Hunter 3...with the Black Wii

Oh...this is my reason! This would establish a copy of MH3 in every home that purchases a WII which, IMO, would be a great way to immediately establish this franchise. I know other MH's have been released in the US, but come on, MH3 with the Wii? This becomes a flagship franchise.

One problem. Nintendo has never had an third-party bundle in the United State before, even thought we did see one in Japan, I wouldn't count that happening in North America, since after all, most Wii owners are casual gamers.

@RandomWiiPlayer: Actually, I think there was a Super Mario Sunshine bundle for the Gamecube, you just might not remember. Thus, it would make sense that Super Mario Galaxy gets an bundle too.

Incorrect...to a point...3rd party bundled with system? Not that I recall, you're right, BUT Nintendo just recently made a genius decision to package a peripheral with a 3rd party game...Wii Motion Plus with T Woods 10. The precedent has been set.

Unlike with consoles, Nintendo of America has let there accessories be bundle with a third-party title before. In fact, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicle is a third-party title that will be bundle with the Wii Zapper, despite the fact that we can get one now.

And it won't be released in the US even though it was in Japan where it's sells exactly the same software at almost the same rate because it's a casual system? You do know that Capcom is trying to establish a franchise here, right? You do know that the Japan bundle is the best way to establish said franchise, right? It's just hard for me to take the comment seriously from someone that constantly says that, no matter what the US Court System says, Earthbound will get released, that a package that already exists won't end up here. I'm sorry, the MH3 Package has more of a chance of seeing the NA light of day than the VC release of Earthbound ever will.

Unlike in America, Monster Hunter 3 is a big franchise in Japan, so no surprise that they made a third-party bundle. However, it's realitivey obscure in the rest of the world, so a Wii bundle wouldn't make much sense. How is Capcom trying to establish this franchise in America. They already done that in Japan, so they don't have to properly establish the franchise in North America to make money out of the game.

On top of that, Earthbound is still likely for an Virtual Console release. Nintendo own the franchise and publish the game, so there is still a chance of it releasing on the Wii's Virtual Console. My opinion will not change until Capcom does announce an North American bundle with Monster Hunter Tri.

[/quote]

Argue with me as you wish about Monster Hunter Tri getting an North American bundle, but let's leave Earthbound out of the discussion.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Machu

I really don't care man and as usual I disagree with you completely. I have a Wii, I am a Westerner, and the only bundle that would EVER tempt me to buy a second one is the MHTri bundle. So what exactly are you on about? And no, I don't want an answer.
Untitled

Rawr!

J_Bitties

SSMB, I can't even talk to you because you're so hard to track with your constantly conflicting opinions and this isn't so much as a knock as I wish you'd be more consistent in you meanings and intentions. So because MH3 is established in Japan means they don't care if it's established in NA!? DUDE! They SAID they want to establish it as a franchise in NA! This is out of the mouths of Capcom and why? BECAUSE THERE'S A LOT OF MONEY TO BE MADE IN NA AND EU! And I will bring in your stance with Earthbound because your opinion on a VC release is in direct, DIRECT, contradiction to your opinion that we would never see a MH3 bundle THAT ALREADY EXISTS.

Plus, you made this as a thread about bundles we would like to see. I would like to see a bundle that Japan already has come over here because that interests ME. On top of that, the Wii will sell no matter what, it already does, Capcom bundles MH3 with the Wii and that already establishes...ugh...never mind, I'm repeating myself on a logical point that I don't know if you're capable of understanding. Anyways, just read Machu's post...there is 1 already who'd find interest in it.

J_Bitties

OldBoy

If we got the same Monster Hunter Tri bundle as Japan then I would buy one in a second and sell my white one.Man that things sexy A NSMB themed one would also be awesome though I probably wouldn't even open that one, just wait a couple of years till some mug want's to give me £2000 for it

What's this bit for again?

ItsFuzzyPickles

J+Bitties wrote:

SSMB, I can't even talk to you because you're so hard to track with your constantly conflicting opinions and this isn't so much as a knock as I wish you'd be more consistent in you meanings and intentions. So because MH3 is established in Japan means they don't care if it's established in NA!? DUDE! They SAID they want to establish it as a franchise in NA! This is out of the mouths of Capcom and why? BECAUSE THERE'S A LOT OF MONEY TO BE MADE IN NA AND EU! And I will bring in your stance with Earthbound because your opinion on a VC release is in direct, DIRECT, contradiction to your opinion that we would never see a MH3 bundle THAT ALREADY EXISTS.

Plus, you made this as a thread about bundles we would like to see. I would like to see a bundle that Japan already has come over here because that interests ME. On top of that, the Wii will sell no matter what, it already does, Capcom bundles MH3 with the Wii and that already establishes...ugh...never mind, I'm repeating myself on a logical point that I don't know if you're capable of understanding. Anyways, just read Machu's post...there is 1 already who'd find interest in it.

Sorry about that, I didn't know that Capcom wanted to try to establish the Monster Hunter Franchise worldwide. I apoligize for what I said. Also, I do fine a lot of intrest in a Monster Hunter 3 bundle, but I thought it would never come worldwide.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Machu

Me too unfortunately. Whilst I really hope it does go worldwide, until I see it, I won't beleive it.

Rawr!

jayo

I think maybe they should have an Action Set like the NES did! It should have a Wii, Nun-chuck attachment, Wii Zapper Shell, and a 2 in 1 combo disc with Super Mario Galaxy and Link's Crossbow Training!

jayo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.