Wii Forum

Topic: Tiger Woods 10 The Definitive Golf Game per IGN!

Showing 21 to 38 of 38

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

21. Posted:

Atlantis1982 wrote:

Well you make it seem like I have no idea what I am doing which is partially right, but the way you said it made me felt you were just mocking me, and that "real" gamers will have no trouble at all.

Anyway, yes, the last time I hit the driving range I really slice my shots badly.

Nah, if anything I'd be the one to say the "real" gamers will probably have the most trouble with a realistic sports sim. lol

Next time I'll use a smiley though. "Do you suck in real life? :P" seems so much better.

That's good news though about the slicing. Not the fact you slice your shots badly (that's not the good part, you should work on that. lol) but how your mistakes translate over to the game.

Maybe this will help improve some things when I actually go out and play golf.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LEGEND_MARIOID

22. Posted:

It got a 81% from ONM, less than the 09 version. They said putting was too fiddly and, well, difficult

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Atlantis1982

23. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Atlantis1982 wrote:

Well you make it seem like I have no idea what I am doing which is partially right, but the way you said it made me felt you were just mocking me, and that "real" gamers will have no trouble at all.

Anyway, yes, the last time I hit the driving range I really slice my shots badly.

Nah, if anything I'd be the one to say the "real" gamers will probably have the most trouble with a realistic sports sim. lol

Next time I'll use a smiley though. "Do you suck in real life? :P" seems so much better.

That's good news though about the slicing. Not the fact you slice your shots badly (that's not the good part, you should work on that. lol) but how your mistakes translate over to the game.

Maybe this will help improve some things when I actually go out and play golf.

I'm glad you did understood my misunderstanding. I kind of thought about the comment when playing some more then realized I might of just made myself a pompous (censored) of myself. :(

But I also realized that I am not the only one making bad shots, but that is something we will all adjust to with the MP. I am keeping half of my shots straight while the other half is most draws, but to get them at above 80% is going to be something I will practice or play with.

Also, I just realized I can play with computer AI with the other game modes, Skins, and well... I think I might raise their difficulty later on if I can get good enough that they can play smarter (Some were hitting straight into trees).

LEGEND+MARIOID wrote:

It got a 81% from ONM, less than the 09 version. They said putting was too fiddly and, well, difficult

Yeah, much I rather play Precision Putt Mode, it kind of felt clunky to me and I switched back to Classic Mode.

Edited on by Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

24. Posted:

I have to wait till July, NO FAIR!! :'(

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

25. Posted:

How is disc golf? Anyone tried it?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sirgrim

26. Posted:

The Disc Golf is brilliant. It's a lot harder than I thought, but once you get some practice it's a blast. It really shows off how well the Motion+ works. You can move the disc real-time while holding it to play around. I threw one upside down just to see what happens. It responds perfectly to how hard you throw, and a few times I really winged it way out of bounds. Requires a lot more skill than I initially thought it would. Definitely fun. It really couldn't have been done on any other console, or without the Motion+.

I love picking courses based on the real-time weather. That's an awesome edition.

WOooo! Just got my first hole in 1 on disc golf. Par 3 at Westchester hole 10. In the rain!

Edited on by sirgrim

sirgrim

AuthorMessage
Avatar

warioswoods

27. Posted:

I'd love to hear more about the putting -- some reviewers I've read praised it as fixing all the problems with the previous system, yet a couple of you are clearly not happy with it. That's the most precision/finesse-based part of the game (of golf), after all, so it seems like a crucial test for their use of M+.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sirgrim

28. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

I'd love to hear more about the putting -- some reviewers I've read praised it as fixing all the problems with the previous system, yet a couple of you are clearly not happy with it. That's the most precision/finesse-based part of the game (of golf), after all, so it seems like a crucial test for their use of M+.

Really I think it just takes more practice. It's really precise. The new system is called precision putting, and you use one club unlike the last system where you use multiple clubs for distance, and just swing at full. This one you need to putt accurately with the single club using the Motion+. Pulling back a certain distance for the required power. I'm sure once people get better at it they will praise it.

I'm still horrible at the game, and am lucky to pull off Par on courses. I'll get used to the new setups eventually. It asked if I wanted to go back to the original settings a couple times because I was playing so bad :)

sirgrim

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Atlantis1982

29. Posted:

sirgrim wrote:

I'm still horrible at the game, and am lucky to pull off Par on courses. I'll get used to the new setups eventually. It asked if I wanted to go back to the original settings a couple times because I was playing so bad :)

If anything else, just turn on Mulligan and do Putt Previews just so you can practice reading the greens. Plus, having Mulligans on will not hurt your records as nothing will be recorded if you are playing your Career character.

Atlantis1982

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sirgrim

30. Posted:

Yeah I'm getting better at putting, just needs a lot of work. This Bay Hill course looks fun I says... famous last words, those. That course kicked my butt.

sirgrim

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

31. Posted:

@AlexSays: Can I look forward to acing you in Grand Slam Tennis?

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

32. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

@AlexSays: Can I look forward to acing you in Grand Slam Tennis?

You can, actually.

I'll rent before I buy, unlike with Tiger, but I'm a huge tennis fan so I want to try this one out.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sirgrim

33. Posted:

Maybe I will need to try the all-play controls. I have to be one of the worst golfers in history. Extra Tutorials, here I come!

So add me if you need someone on your buddy list you're guaranteed to beat.

Edited on by sirgrim

sirgrim

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sirgrim

34. Posted:

Another cool thing about the online play, is it tells you how many times the person has dropped from playing. So you know if the person you're going to play will quit if they're not playing well. You can also go by rank, so us terrible people can play eachother.

sirgrim

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

35. Posted:

Metroid Prime Hunters had that feature. It rules.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

36. Posted:

@AlexSays: Sweeeet! I'll have my copy tomorrow or Saturday. Once I get it set up, I'll post my EA persona.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sirgrim

37. Posted:

Wow the tutorials helped out a lot giving me the right ideas. Now I can putt like a champ! Sunk a 70 yard putt with the close-up and heart-beat! Just had the best 9 holes of my TW10 career, only one hole a bogey. This game is awesome, and the new precision putting really is nice once you figure it out.

sirgrim

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sirgrim

38. Posted:

How did that dude get -25 on today's tourney. Crap that's almost entirely eagles and maybe a hole in one or two. I got -9. Definitely improving. Go get this game!

sirgrim