Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 566

gamerboy

Yeah it's awseome how they did that

gamerboy

SuperMarioFan96

I think I'm at 105 stars. It just keeps getting better. Each new galaxy brings something else that is just amazing to play.

Just for the record, 26 of the 41 reviews of Galaxy 2 on Metacritic are a 100, and none are below a 90. Still has a 98 for a score.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

LordJumpMad

I'm in Green Star Hell

I did't know there was going to be this meny

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

suburban_sensei

I just got done playing, and let me say that Throwback Galaxy is my favorite so far...it made me cry a tear of joy. . Loved hearing that music orchestrated!

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Kid_A

I was out of town this weekend for a wedding so I'm still on world 6 but...honestly I can't get over how grand this game is. It's just incredible to me that after all these years, Mario is still the most innovative, whimsical, and fun name in platforming, and the fact that he's having the best game of his career after 20 years is mind-blowing.

Oh, and the throwback galaxy...nice touch Nintendo.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

RandomWiiPlayer

Collinhall wrote:

I love the replica of the level "The Lighthouse's secret" from Mario Sunshine, it is in world S, it is AWESOME! Did anyone else see that it was a level taken from sunshine?

I forget what it is called in Galaxy 2 though

Yup. My favorite level in the Galaxy 2. They should have kept the same version of the song, though. I liked the people singing it better.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Kid_A

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Collinhall wrote:

I love the replica of the level "The Lighthouse's secret" from Mario Sunshine, it is in world S, it is AWESOME! Did anyone else see that it was a level taken from sunshine?

Yup. My favorite level in the Galaxy 2. They should have kept the same version of the song, though. I liked the people singing it better.

Dammit guys, say spoiler alert or something. That would have been a cool surprise.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Odnetnin

Kid_A wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Collinhall wrote:

Dammit guys, say spoiler alert or something. That would have been a cool surprise.

Yeah, seriously. The OP even mentions it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

RandomWiiPlayer

I didn't bring it up. Blame him.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

MrPanic

Anybody has 242 stars already?

"Time flies when you throw your watch in the sky."
3DS: 0946-2616-2379

LordJumpMad

I Wonder if Nintendo has any plans for a DLC for SMG2.
But knowing Nintendo, is Highly unlikely.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

nintendonerd0011

Link-Hero wrote:

@MrPanic
I got all 242 stars.

Dang, I thought I was doing good at 123 stars (finally got the 120th last night). I play around 2-3 hours a day and a little more on the weekends. I suspect it took me around 18 hours to get all 120 stars, maybe a little more.

nintendonerd0011

NotEnoughGolds

Odnetnin wrote:

SPOILER
Did they have a Pacman reference in there? SERIOUSLY?!
END SPOILER
EDIT: Lol, when the game required 40 stars to move on, I had 67.
EDIT 2: On the second level of Space Storm, 70 stars.

I think it was a Chain Chomp reference. In the Chompworks galaxy. Makes sense. I, too, said "oh look, Pac-Man!"

NotEnoughGolds

Funky_Gamer

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Odnetnin wrote:

SPOILER
Did they have a Pacman reference in there? SERIOUSLY?!
END SPOILER
EDIT: Lol, when the game required 40 stars to move on, I had 67.
EDIT 2: On the second level of Space Storm, 70 stars.

I think it was a Chain Chomp reference. In the Chompworks galaxy. Makes sense. I, too, said "oh look, Pac-Man!"

It really does look like pac man! The eye is really hard to see.

Anyawy I just got past 120 stars! Green Stars are awesome.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

Bloodysaber

World 4 Starshine Beach Galaxy, "Climbing the Cloudy Tower"... WTF are those bag things in the sand? D:

MHTri
Name: Saber ID: MKV2GQ Rank: 62 Weapon of Choice: Lance
Keyboard/No Wii Speak

Collinhall

Sorry, I wasn't thinking, shoulda put a spoiler warning!
MILD SPOILERS
I can't get past that dang cyclone galaxy in world s, that was my least favorite galaxy in the original, and of all galaxys they brought back THAT one! I'm glad they kinda toned down the difficulty on the purple coin challenges, the ones in the original were DEVESTATING! Glad they brought back Whomp's Fortress, it brought back so many fond memories!

Edited on by Collinhall

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

Funky_Gamer

Collinhall wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't thinking, shoulda put a spoiler warning!
MILD SPOILERS
I can't get past that dang cyclone galaxy in world s, that was my least favorite galaxy in the original, and of all galaxys they brought back THAT one! I'm glad they kinda toned down the difficulty on the purple coin challenges, the ones in the original were DEVESTATING! Glad they brought back Whomp's Fortress, it brought back so many fond memories!

You didn't like Stone Cyclone Galaxy in the original? It was one of my favorites! It was in Beach bowl right? Just another reason why I love Stone Cyclone. But they made this one WAY harder. The enemies go way to fast though. I am surprised on how easy the commet was though.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.