Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 566

theblackdragon

warioswoods wrote:

He's not such a bad guy after all, just a necessary evil.

... without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil some tiiiiii~imes...
up there! there is so much room, where babies burp and flowers bloom...

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Philip_J_Reed

theblackdragon wrote:

warioswoods wrote:

He's not such a bad guy after all, just a necessary evil.

... without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil some tiiiiii~imes...
up there! there is so much room, where babies burp and flowers bloom...

Alternatively, as Thelonious would have it:

It's always night, or we wouldn't need light.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Collinhall

Yeah, even though bowser is evil, he's kinda loveable

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

gamerboy

That is very true

gamerboy

Chrono_Cross

I cannot get the 2nd Green star in Flipsville Galaxy.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

warioswoods

I finally realized what makes the multiplying shadow-Marios in this game so enjoyable: it's essentially Snake for 3D platforming. Each one appears from a location just behind you, then follows the exact path and movements you did from that point, only a few moments behind. Then more appear one-by-one, each a bit more delayed, like the expanding tail in Snake. What this means is that, just like in Snake, you must plot a path of travel that does not intersect itself too quickly, or you'll run into your "tail" and take damage. You also have to keep moving, or the frontmost shadow will of course catch up with you.

What a fantastic idea, adding a whole new kind of challenge to the sequences in which they appear.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

gamerboy

I can't get the green star in flipsville either it's so hard right

Edited on by gamerboy

gamerboy

Philip_J_Reed

warioswoods wrote:

I finally realized what makes the multiplying shadow-Marios in this game so enjoyable: it's essentially Snake for 3D platforming. Each one appears from a location just behind you, then follows the exact path and movements you did from that point, only a few moments behind. Then more appear one-by-one, each a bit more delayed, like the expanding tail in Snake. What this means is that, just like in Snake, you must plot a path of travel that does not intersect itself too quickly, or you'll run into your "tail" and take damage. You also have to keep moving, or the frontmost shadow will of course catch up with you.

What a fantastic idea, adding a whole new kind of challenge to the sequences in which they appear.

Yeah, the cosmic clones are great. The first time or two I saw them, only a few clones were created before I managed to destroy them...and I kind of just thought they were mindless slugs that followed me. It was much later, in a purple coin challenge I think, that made me realize 1) how numerous they could be and 2) how exactly they followed my movements. It was really glorious.

I think I still prefer Galaxy 1, but the cosmic clones are definitely a strong point in G2's favor.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

MetalMario

Chrono+Cross wrote:

How are you trying to get it?

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Starkiller

I got this game just today. And so far it is good. I've only got 3 stars mind you.

But Yoshi is a great addition. They got him just perfect.

Edited on by Starkiller

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

AlexSays

Wasn't even thinking about the snake and cosmic clone thing.

Just ran like hell until they went away.

AlexSays

Chrono_Cross

MetalMario wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

I don't want to talk about it, lol.
How'd you get it?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

nintendonerd0011

I finally beat the game tonight! Talk about an awesome ending!!!
I've got 105 stars now and just got done with the Mario level and getting all the purple coins with the clones following you. Talk about an awesome level! Same layout as Luigi's coins from SMG1, and not quite as hard in my opinion. The game keeps on getting better.

nintendonerd0011

fatality

I hope to get it for my birthday. I'm really keen on the world map idea. The supermassive world looks awesome.

No, the first one was definitely 2 easy.

All those cosmic Marios creep me out, but it looks to have a wide varity of environment. Got rated awesomely to.
please edit your original post instead of spamming the thread. thank you -- TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Funky_Gamer

Just beat the game yesterday. I am now at 100 stars, and 40 comment medals. I am stuck on the purple coins on the Rolling Coaster galaxy. Did they bring the Cosmic Cyclone Galaxy back from SMG??
With all of these galaxies, I can't decide my favorite galaxy.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

YoshiSage

I have to wait until my birthday to get this because I'm broke

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

warioswoods

Link-Hero wrote:

I just thought I had to avoid the clones as much as possible, but comparing it to Snake is a good description for them.

The amusing thing is that you can easily make it harder on yourself if you don't realize what they're doing. I started blazing forward with long-jumps and other tricks to get away from them, and then saw that they were using the same advanced techniques and thought: oh crap, I need to move as fast as possible or they'll catch me. It turns out that such an approach can actually make it more difficult; since they follow your path and movements exactly, just delayed, they'll only move as fast as you moved. That means that you don't have to go insanely fast to keep away from them, you just have to keep moving and avoid intersecting your own path.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

MetalMario

Chrono+Cross wrote:

MetalMario wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

I don't want to talk about it, lol.
How'd you get it?

SPOILERS
If it's the one on the building near the chomps, I jumped and doublejumped to land on the little ledge below it and then I did a triple jump at the wall and wall kicked, then spinned backwards onto the wall.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Rally

My friend is a perfectionist. He has a silver crown in every world he's beaten. (94 stars, finishing Throwback) I don't really see the big hype, though. The only thing is that there is more levels. That's it.

I miss having a chatroom that was always in beta.

Nintendo Network ID: --- | Twitter:

Collinhall

I love the replica of the level "The Lighthouse's secret" from Mario Sunshine, it is in world S, it is AWESOME! Did anyone else see that it was a level taken from sunshine?

I forget what it is called in Galaxy 2 though

Edited on by Collinhall

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.