Forums

Topic: Opinions on No More Heroes 1

Posts 181 to 200 of 204

Popyman

Heh, I played through Bitter before NMH2 came out too. I didn't have that much trouble but Henry...OH MAN. He isn't hard he just has the largest freaking health. I just said screw it and loaded another save file to see the ending again...

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

clicketyclick wrote:

Expressing opinions is one thing.

But making outrageous statements and then refusing to explain them in more detail because 'no one understands me sob!' is another.

That's not discussing. That's just... well... what's that word again for making outrageous statements and refusing to engage in honest discussion of them?

I already explained my stance, why don't you go take a look before you generalize what's been said (yet again). And it's true, you don't understand. I don't know why? I just don't like the game. Sometimes it can be that simple.

Edited on by

Machu wrote:

nicedragonlady... can I please introduce my Katana to this guys ***? I know he's only Ranked at #167385, but he's still quite annoying. He's only in here to 5h1t on a game we love (or at least try to, he keeps missing).

I'm not trying to do anything on a game you love. Besides, I said it had a good theme song. What more do you want?

Edited on by theblackdragon

Supermarioman

Wait I thought that the Europeans had a release date for the sequel sometime around May. Oh well like I have said before I won't be able to get the game until the summer at the least.
You know oddly enough the hardest boss for me was Henry. I got hit by his damn one hit kill like 10 times. Its not because I suck because I was able to beat Bad Girl fairly quickly and only fell for her one hit kill once. Its just that he would always do a ton of attacks that eventually pushed be against the motel walls and stairs where theres little room to dodge and then do his attack with no where to go I had to accept death Any similar experiences?

Supermarioman

Popyman

Just wait until you see him on Bitter...The fight drags on FOREVER (I fought him for a good 40 minutes I think and he still wasn't dead...) so it becomes easier and easier to screw up and get hit by his instant death move...

Are you getting NMH2 soon, Supermarioman?

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Supermarioman

Summer I will, I pre-ordered a lot of stuff last year back when release dates were 2009 and late 2010 and now I'm swimming in titles I need to pick up. I would love to have it really, but all the pre-orders (And Various other things, Computer Stuff Mostly) will keep me from it until July Oh great the fight takes forever on Bitter, damn. Did you have a similar experience with Henry pushing you in the corner?

Supermarioman

Popyman

Aw, oh well...It's a good summer game, I played the first one during summer. Dang good summer that was _ Oh, and this is random, but I was at my grandma's that summer and she has this old TV and NMH looks AWESOME on it. It made the whole game darker and cooler looking. It's hard to explain...

Not really, I mostly back HIM into a corner.=P And then it's harder to get at him and dodge his instant kill...

Edited on by Popyman

Luigi-la-bouncy

NMH2 will be released on May 21 (according to amazon.co.uk)

BTW @Machu it's unlike you to rouse to provocation.

Edited on by Luigi-la-bouncy

Luigi-la-bouncy

Supermarioman

I'm still on my second play through, came back to it. Wow at first I couldn't tell a difference between sweet and bitter, but as I got to Dr. Peace , it became harder and harder and before I knew it, I was nearly dead. If I'm ever going to survive Bitter then I will really have to watch my back and stop constantly rushing forward and attacking and actually block a few attacks. As much as I love No More Heroes, I really want a boss-rush mode with all of their cut scenes in it and its nowhere to be found. Oh well I'm hard to please (Even though most of you all will probably agree) While I'm commenting I'm wondering how many people like to go back and fight Henry multiple times, I do, he's quite possible my favorite boss in the whole game. Mainly because its the only fight that really feels fair and I love one-on-one katana battling. Anyone else agree.

Supermarioman

Popyman

The good news is that NMH2 has a boss mode. The bad news is that it doesn't come with the cutscenes and the cutscenes and the bosses themselves are the biggest change. Don't go into it thinking it'll be more of the same, it really isn't.

I think I like Shinobu's fight the best. It was the first fight that made you really think and not mass buttons, and she is just a cool character.

Deviant_Mugen

I got stuck on Shinobu when I started my 'Bitter' play-through and I haven't picked it up since. The girl is tough on Bitter...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Popyman

Metroid_Fan wrote:

I got stuck on Shinobu when I started my 'Bitter' play-through and I haven't picked it up since. The girl is tough on Bitter...

Are you using the low charge attack? Just using it one time can knock off enough of her health to make it easier. And if you spam it, you can get through any battle without getting hit (if you have unlimited battery, that is).

Deviant_Mugen

No, I pretty much never used the charge attack, especially with crowds of enemies or fast opponents. I do have the fully upgraded Tsubaki MK-III, though...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Popyman

You should, at least a little bit. It's REALLY overpowered. It knocks off huge chunks of bosses' helath AND it gives you a really long invincibility frame (that you can use to totally avoid a enemy's attack and hit them at the same time).

RowdyRodimus

I've only played the first boss since I just found the game (hard as hell to find around here) but I think it's pretty god so far. I'll know more as I go along, but so far it's a pretty good 3rd party title and this is coming from someone who hated Killer 7 with a passion.

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

HeelHeat

I felt that 1 had a better combat system, quirkier boss characters and seemed more colourful while 2 fixed the city, improved jobs and training, and added the incredibly important boob physics.

Edited on by HeelHeat

HeelHeat

Supermarioman

So wait the last upgrade for the last katana gives you unlimited energy! Sweet

Wait I still need 500,00 LB

Supermarioman

Deviant_Mugen

@Smm: Indeed it does, but it costs a load of cash...

FonistofCruxis

No more heroes is one of my favourite games. It's got great characters and boss battles. Unlike most people, I liked the overworld but I found it annoying when I had to repeat jobs and missions to get enough money for something like a ranking battle or beam katana.

Supermarioman

Wow I thought that my thread was dead long ago!
Also great to see someone else liked the overworld! I loved it myself as well.

Supermarioman

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.