Wii Forum

Topic: MP Trilogy on dual layer disc? I think not!

Showing 1 to 13 of 13

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

1. Posted:

In their press release,Nintendo said they will put the Metroid Prime Trilogy on one disc. This implies that it will be a regular disc,not dual-layer. My Wii dosen't like dual-layer discs,so I hope they release it as a regular disc.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

2. Posted:

The Wii is an inanimate object. It doesn't "like" any type of disc.

And if you've neglected Nintendo's offer to clean the laser for free, I don't think anyone here really cares about the type of disc you'd like to see.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

City_Of_Delusion

3. Posted:

As far as PR and most end users is concerned, single layer disc = dual layer disc.

And there's no way in hell they are going to fit Prime 1, 2 and 3 in 4.5Gb.

The disc will be dual layered.

Please no "Destroy This!" gags, please.
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=codb

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

4. Posted:

Well,if that is the case,dang. Yeah sure,I COULD send my Wii to Nintendo,but it will just get dirty again. Also,I'm not risking losing all of my VC and WiiWare games just for that. Plus,I don't think I will enjoy going without a Wii for a week! I HAD enough with this dual-disc problem! I'll just buy a second Wii just for my dual layer disc in the future if all my other ideas fail(yes I know it's very stupid). If anybody needs to sell their Wii,let me know! Oh and AlexSays,I was using a figure of speech,I'm not dumb.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TourianTourist

5. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Also,I'm not risking losing all of my VC and WiiWare games just for that.

You won't loose those games, you can put them on a SC card or redownload them from the WiiShop channel for free. What you loose, however, if they really format your system memory (which doesn't make any particular sense for just cleaning or replacing the disc drive), is all your savegames, which cannot be copied on a SD card (Brawl or Mario Kart Wii for example). However, the only game, where this is really a problem, is SSB Brawl, because there is a lot to loose here, but since you can't read double layer discs, you haven't played this game in the first place.... so, no problem at all.

And some time without a Wii shouldn't be a problem either. It's summer, go out and play soccer or something.

Fruity Oaty Bars... let them blow your mind
Hyrule Blog

Nintendo Network ID: TourianTourist | Twitter: touriantourist

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

6. Posted:

There's no reason whatsoever that Nintendo would format your Wii to clean the disc reader. But if you're paranoid, call / email Nintendo and ask how the repair works. You have nothing whatsoever to worry about. You have lived much longer without your Wii than you have with it, so a week is nothing.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

7. Posted:

TourianTourist wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Also,I'm not risking losing all of my VC and WiiWare games just for that.

You won't loose those games, you can put them on a SC card or redownload them from the WiiShop channel for free. What you loose, however, if they really format your system memory (which doesn't make any particular sense for just cleaning or replacing the disc drive), is all your savegames, which cannot be copied on a SD card (Brawl or Mario Kart Wii for example). However, the only game, where this is really a problem, is SSB Brawl, because there is a lot to loose here, but since you can't read double layer discs, you haven't played this game in the first place.... so, no problem at all.

And some time without a Wii shouldn't be a problem either. It's summer, go out and play soccer or something.

I do take a break from the Wii sometimes. Oh.and I had played Brawl for NEARLY A YEAR before I started having trouble. So I don't want to risk all my saved data on a more than a hundred VC and WiiWare games I own (I own that many). I also have a lot of retail Wii games.
So,now do you see my problem?

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

8. Posted:

No, because as we said, you won't lose any of your save games from someone cleaning the disc drive.

Also, "I do atkea break."

What

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Toddr

9. Posted:

The only way you would lose your save files is if they found some huge problem with your wii. I sent mine in to get it repaired because it wasn't turning on. I lost my save files because the wii was pretty much destroyed. They couldn't repair it, so they gave me a new one, but I was able to redownload all my games for free.

Wii friend code: 4851 0320 2775 0243 MarioKart Wii: 3008 3258 4955 Super Smash Bros Brawl: 3180 1076 7318

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Toddr

10. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

No, because as we said, you won't lose any of your save games from someone cleaning the disc drive.

Also, "I do atkea break."

What

It's supposed to say "I do take a break"

Wii friend code: 4851 0320 2775 0243 MarioKart Wii: 3008 3258 4955 Super Smash Bros Brawl: 3180 1076 7318

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

11. Posted:

Plus, it's not like Nintendo is just going to do whatever they want with your Wii. When you contact them for the repair, state clearly that you do not want a formatting job. They won't do it if you tell them not to. It's your game...

Toddr wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

No, because as we said, you won't lose any of your save games from someone cleaning the disc drive.

Also, "I do atkea break."

What

It's supposed to say "I do take a break"

Thanks, I was at a loss there. :)

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

12. Posted:

Toddr wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

No, because as we said, you won't lose any of your save games from someone cleaning the disc drive.

Also, "I do atkea break."

What

It's supposed to say "I do take a break"

I misspelled because I'm trying to type all this on a cellphone,so yeah. It's fixed though. I MIGHT consider sending my Wii in but I'm going to my other "ideas" first.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

13. Posted:

I had the Brawl problem also. Phoned em, they sent a pre-paid label to slap on the Wii. Got it back less than a week later, and it played Brawl fine. My Wii had started making a weird noise sometime before I sent it off, and all they fixed was the gunk on the laser. They sent it back with all games and saves and the horrid noise still intact. They were even careful with my sexy space-skin i got from Decal-Girl.

So don't worry, seriously. Just back up your saves if your paranoid.

The horrid noise is gone btw. Thanks to a tri-wing, a you-tube vid, and some very nervy work. Now its like new.

:D

Rawr!