Wii Forum

Topic: Kirby's Dreamland Preorder + Midnight BattleField 3 Launch = FAIL!

Showing 21 to 35 of 35

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NX01Trekkie1992

21. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

What can I say? GameStop (employees and the corporation) hate Nintendo. I hardly ever see them promote games on Nintendo platforms, unless it's a big-name Nintendo franchise. And all their pre-order deals are for PS3 and Xbox 360.

They do nintendo preorder deals all the time, they're just not usually as GOOD as the other preorder deals

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

22. Posted:

I can't really say I've had any really bad experiences with Gamestop, as the people at the one I usually go to are really good. About the worst experience I had was when I had to pre-order MHTri to get the demo disc there, but when I decided to cancel my pre-order (I didn't own any CCs at the time), they made it easy for me to transfer my $5 pre-order down payment to Picross 3D. Other times, they made sure I knew that Layton & the Last Specter was for the DS and SM3DL for the 3DS when I pre-ordered both at the same time, and one time when I got my car stuck on the curb outside the store the two employees there at the time (and two kids from my high school there hanging out) helped me & my mom get our car unstuck. So, I don't have that much to complain about, do I?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

23. Posted:

Not all GameStops are bad, but I would've hated that experience.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

24. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

bub166 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

And this surprises you that Gamestop did this to you. Just to let you know Gamestop's sales people will say anything and promise you everything just to get your money. Once they have your money they dont give a sh** about you anymore. Truthfully it surprises me that people even shop at Gamestop anymore.

My closest GameStop is not that bad, one employee specifically. One example that stands out is that I found a co
py of Pikmin 2 that was labeled as $9.99 so I took it up and asked about it. Now, if you know anything about Pikmin 2 right now, it is very hard to find, especially in a rural area, and is at least $40 almost everywhere you look, including GameStop. It turns out someone mislabeled it as the original Pikmin. But he honored the deal anyways, and I basically saved $30 on a game that I probably never would have been able to find near me anyways. It was definitely worth $40, though. :P

I thought old discontinued games were supposed to be cheaper than new ones.

Pffffft, noob. Try buying fully working Earthbound or Crono Trigger DS cheaper than $60.

As for the topic I've usually had good experiences with Gamestop. Sure the employees are annoying when they try to get me to preorder games but whatever. They're usually nice. Sucks that happens to you. Wish you could get some apology gift or something from the Gamestop.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HandheldGuru97

25. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Pffffft, noob. Try buying fully working Earthbound or Crono Trigger DS cheaper than $60.

I got Chrono Trigger DS in pretty great condition (used) about 2 years ago from a Gamestop. On topic the Gamestop in my area is actually pretty decent . Sure most of the space is dedicated to the Xbox 360 and PS3, they still have a fine selection of Nintendo games.

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

26. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I thought old discontinued games were supposed to be cheaper than new ones.

You're kidding, right? The moment something is discontinued it's value skyrockets.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

27. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Pffffft, noob. Try buying fully working Earthbound or Crono Trigger DS cheaper than $60.

I got Chrono Trigger DS in pretty great condition (used) about 2 years ago from a Gamestop.

Same. And for $18.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

28. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Square-enixFan wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Pffffft, noob. Try buying fully working Earthbound or Crono Trigger DS cheaper than $60.

I got Chrono Trigger DS in pretty great condition (used) about 2 years ago from a Gamestop.

Same. And for $18.

Yeah never mind. I just remembered hard to find=/=high price.
My Gamestop never carried it and other stores in my area and even ones way out of my way never had it. Hm, oh well.
I still stand by the earthbound thing though! >:[

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

29. Posted:

StarDust wrote:

So..... My local Gamestop was having a midnight launch party for BattleField 3. I arrived at 11:50, and there's a freaking crowd of people there. I stand in line with my preorder of Kirby DreamLand Returns, amongst a crowd of people with preorders for Battlefield. I get up to the cashier at 12:20, and he tells me they don't have it in yet, and to come back around noon tomorrow. :(

I had a similar bad experience at the midnight launch party. I arrived at 11:51 and there's some Kirby fan in front of me. I'd been in line for 30 minutes when the cashier and this fan started some big brouhaha over Kirbys Dreamworld Rehash or something. After what felt like forever, this person left and I finally got my copy of Battlefield 3--but not before complaining to the manager about the wait. They only gave me a minor discount, but hey, money is money.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheGreenSpiny

30. Posted:

What people have to understand is that businesses like Gamestop are run by suits that don't care about their employees and try and screw them any chance they get. I'm pretty sure that Gamestop employee are required to get a certain number of preorders for their games, if not they get written up and/or fired. If the Gamestop employee flat out lied to you, then he should be fired. It's possible that the company told people the game would be available and then changed it's mind. I seriously doubt that the person needed to check to see if the game was in the back room, he already would have known. So he either flat out lied to you or the company told them not to sell the game at the midnight launch. It still boggles my mind that anyone would show up at midnight for Battlefield 3.

TheGreenSpiny

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

31. Posted:

TheDarkness wrote:

What people have to understand is that businesses like Gamestop are run by suits that don't care about their employees and try and screw them any chance they get. I'm pretty sure that Gamestop employee are required to get a certain number of preorders for their games, if not they get written up and/or fired.

That still doesnt give them the right to lie. They can get just as many preorder by being truthful than not. I mean yeah that lie might get them a preorder but than when the person goes to pick up the game like the OP did it gets the customer mad. Mad customer = complaint and customer taking business elsewhere. And trust me a manager or company receives enough complaints about that person that person is outta a job anyways.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Simmer_E

32. Posted:

That's why I would never go to a midnight launch lol
I'm afraid the people will laugh at the game I pick up XD

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter: Simmer_E

AuthorMessage
Avatar

spizzamarozzi

33. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

TheDarkness wrote:

What people have to understand is that businesses like Gamestop are run by suits that don't care about their employees and try and screw them any chance they get. I'm pretty sure that Gamestop employee are required to get a certain number of preorders for their games, if not they get written up and/or fired.

That still doesnt give them the right to lie. They can get just as many preorder by being truthful than not. I mean yeah that lie might get them a preorder but than when the person goes to pick up the game like the OP did it gets the customer mad. Mad customer = complaint and customer taking business elsewhere. And trust me a manager or company receives enough complaints about that person that person is outta a job anyways.

Errr, do you really think the guys behind the counter "lie" because they are evil and want to snatch your purse so to make a brilliant carreer in the videogame industry or it's just because they have very little information about the products they are selling and these information are not enough to manage an assault of videogamers that would stab them in the back if the game they pre-ordered shows up 24 hours later?!
If they do so it's probably because they are instructed to do so, or no one instructs them to do another way so they do the most intuitive thing (get the pre-order) — asking for them to be fired is just moronic.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

StarDust4Ever

34. Posted:

Well guys, I've got an update. Sorry for the late reply; I haven't been on the computer the past couple of days. On Wednesday, I went into the good Gamestop and put down preorders on Mario 3D Land and Mariokart 7. I asked if they still had Kirby in stock, and they were all out. So, I reluctantly went to the "bad" Gamestop to pick up Kirby and cancel the other preorders. I got an additional $10 off for the cancelled preorders. As it turns out, the guy that was rude to me and gave the misinformation just happened to be the store manager. The associate told me they had orders from headquarters that they were only doing midnight release on Battlefield 3, so there were a few other people who did not get the launch games they wanted either. But I still feel like the manager was rude to me, so I won't be going back to the west-side Gamestop any time soon. The other two Gamestops on the southeast side of town, I've had no problems with.

Gamesake wrote:

StarDust wrote:

So..... My local Gamestop was having a midnight launch party for BattleField 3. I arrived at 11:50, and there's a freaking crowd of people there. I stand in line with my preorder of Kirby DreamLand Returns, amongst a crowd of people with preorders for Battlefield. I get up to the cashier at 12:20, and he tells me they don't have it in yet, and to come back around noon tomorrow. :(

I had a similar bad experience at the midnight launch party. I arrived at 11:51 and there's some Kirby fan in front of me. I'd been in line for 30 minutes when the cashier and this fan started some big brouhaha over Kirbys Dreamworld Rehash or something. After what felt like forever, this person left and I finally got my copy of Battlefield 3--but not before complaining to the manager about the wait. They only gave me a minor discount, but hey, money is money.

Did he actually walk out of the store with Kirby in hand, or did he leave empty-handed? Either way, that's the last time I try to attend a midnight launch party at Gamestop. I'll just reserve preorder and pick it up next day like usual. And like I said, I'm taking my money back to the old location where they are actually nice and friendly there.

Edited on by StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

35. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

I had a similar bad experience at the midnight launch party. I arrived at 11:51 and there's some Kirby fan in front of me. I'd been in line for 30 minutes when the cashier and this fan started some big brouhaha over Kirbys Dreamworld Rehash or something. After what felt like forever, this person left and I finally got my copy of Battlefield 3--but not before complaining to the manager about the wait. They only gave me a minor discount, but hey, money is money.

So you had the exact opposite situation of StarDust...?

CanisWolfred wrote:

Obviously you guys have been watching too much Anime. Maybe Link will photosythesis, too?.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.