Forums

Topic: Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection!

Posts 141 to 160 of 222

OptometristLime

Don't the challenge stages use that 'engine'?
Hey maybe Kirby's Return-- will get a discounted price for the anniversary, one can hope. :/

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

DarkLloyd

i preordered this along with last story and super mario bros 2 only to find out later that day at home that its releasing next month lol

DarkLloyd

TheDreamingHawk

Fat Dedede must be loved. Therefore I'm buying this ASAP when it comes to the US.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

SonicMaster

You know, I once imagined 2 Kirby collections being made. One would be called "Kirby's Dream Collection" and it would be for Wii. The other would be called "Kirby's Star Collection" and it would be for DS. DC would have main series games, while SC would have spin-offs. I doubt they'll make a "Star Collection," but it's funny how it worked out for this one.

SonicMaster

Pokefanmum82

the price on it when i pre-ordered mine was 40 bux.....EB games was the only place that had it. The official site says
Brand-new Challenge Stages like the ones in Kirby’s Return to Dream Land™ (Wii™)
Some of the classic games include multiplayer modes.

I can't wait to play this collection

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Nintenbro

NintyFan wrote:

Happy 20th Anniversary, Kirby! Twenty years ago today, Kirby's Dream Land was released in North America.

↑ This just makes me feel old.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

moomoo

Dear Nintendo,
Why didn't you give Metroid this treatment?
Love,
Everyone.

In all seriousness, this looks like a solid colletion, but since I own four of the six games on it, I think I'll pass.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

e-love

moomoo wrote:

Dear Nintendo,
Love,
Everyone.

In all seriousness, this looks like a solid colletion, but since I own four of the six games on it, I think I'll pass.

Ugh for real. (about Metroid)

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TheDreamingHawk

moomoo wrote:

Dear Nintendo,
Love,
Everyone.

It's not a major franchise, so that's why.

e-love

Metroid...not a major franchise? Hide. Now.

Happy_Mask

Theres only a few 2d metroids, and most are remakes of the original. And then the prime games are too expansive. But they still should've at least celebrated the anniversary.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

TheDreamingHawk

There are only 4 real metroid games (Fusion, Super, II and original), and the Metroid prime series is pretty much a filler for the story (Taking place in between the games), and seeing how not really many people even know about it (We know about samus, but I personally never played a metroid game until Metroid came out as an ambassador game on the 3DS, so there are others like me) nowadays. I think they kinda acknowledged it with the Fusion, II and I rereleases on 3DS anyway.

LordJumpMad

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

There are only 4 real metroid games (Fusion, Super, II and original), and the Metroid prime series is pretty much a filler for the story (Taking place in between the games), and seeing how not really many people even know about it (We know about samus, but I personally never played a metroid game until Metroid came out as an ambassador game on the 3DS, so there are others like me) nowadays. I think they kinda acknowledged it with the Fusion, II and I rereleases on 3DS anyway.

You forgot Other:M
Never forget Other:M

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Isn't super an expanded remake of the first?

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

DeadAntelopesGo

Super Metroid is entirely a standalone game. It has similar things but its in no way a remake.

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

e-love

Metroid Prime gets probably the most recognition and critical acclaim in the entire series, saying its not a "main Metroid game" is ignorant.

Let's just watch as this topic becomes another Metroid fan war.

TheDreamingHawk

Well, considering how it's a different mini series all on it's own, and it's a series taking place between the main games, I consider them side games. Though then again they are still fun and great.

And I know quite a few friends that never played a metroid game before until the ambassador program, so that's how I back it up.

Regardless, Kirby is here, so let's talk about him.

...And King Dedede, who still has a weight gain problem.

Could someone answer me this? Will the crystal shards be playable with a wiimote? Probably not, but I just want to make sure.

CrazyOtto

Kirby's Dream Collection looks like an excellent collection, especially for a company that we thought stopped doing compilations completely after the GC/GBA generation, and it would be a perfect way to introduce Kirby to people that have never played any of the games before, since it also includes a list of ever Kirby game ever made (before 2013 of course) so newer fans could easily find out what the other games in the series are if they want more Kirby. A minor flaw is that the 2 Game Boy games don't have the Super Game Boy features, so monochrome is the only option for them, but I'm still glad they were included at all.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

NMRodo

I'm really excited about this. Although I've played four of the six games, I'm still convinced to buy this because of all the bonus content. This puts the Super Mario All-Stars re-release (which I was foolish enough to buy) to shame. A soundtrack CD that's not half sound effects? What a novel idea!

NMRodo

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2413-1085 | Nintendo Network ID: Nick117

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.