Wii Forum

Topic: Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection!

Showing 141 to 160 of 239

AuthorMessage

RazorYoshi

141. Posted:

Too bad I already own 3 of the games =/.
But I'll still probably get it. I'm glad he gets his own collection.

RazorYoshi

AuthorMessage

KingMike

142. Posted:

I'm hoping I don't regret ordering from GameStop at a "sale" price. I remember pre-ordering 4 Heroes of Light at $5 off, and they refused to give me the sale price on in-store pickup, even when I brought in the email confirmation.
Well, this time I paid for mail order, hopefully then I'll get it. (I figured even if I had to pay for shipping, it's some savings over the $50 "regular" price.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Firejonie

143. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I'm hoping I don't regret ordering from GameStop at a "sale" price. I remember pre-ordering 4 Heroes of Light at $5 off, and they refused to give me the sale price on in-store pickup, even when I brought in the email confirmation.
Well, this time I paid for mail order, hopefully then I'll get it. (I figured even if I had to pay for shipping, it's some savings over the $50 "regular" price.)

I'm not sure the $40 price is a sale. On the website it looks like it's on sale, since it has the $50 price on top but covered by a line. But still be aware, no other online site has the game listed ( not even Amazon for a strange reason) and Nintendo hasn't released any news about the price. The guy at GameStop when I put the final $20 on it said it was $40.

Firejonie

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

144. Posted:

This video has 58 minutes of footage of this game for anyone interested, just be aware that this is in Japanese. It's basically an overview of everything. If you're a Kirby fan, you'll love the fantastic fanservice!

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

145. Posted:

Happy 20th Anniversary, Kirby! Twenty years ago today, Kirby's Dream Land was released in North America.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Emaan

146. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

Happy 20th Anniversary, Kirby! Twenty years ago today, Kirby's Dream Land was released in North America.

I didn't know that! :O

Yay Kirby! :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

147. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

I have an original copy of the game, so I should hook up the GCN with the GBA Player and save Dreamland's food from that mallet wielding penguin.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

KingMike

148. Posted:

Kirby wins. Fatality!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8VkoHZBZw

And even in Japan, he was kind of a jerk. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAGDHpNiyZU

KingMike

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

149. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Dreamland 2 is Adventure 2. Just Adventure with a twist. Really. It's awesome because of that but not much else to say.

Dreamland 3 is decent but the levels are just not interesting or as Kirby levels of fun, outside of a cool mechanic relevent to getting 100%. A shame as the art and music in the game is fantastic.

Kirby 64 is a bit slow but awesome otherwise. Combining powers, fun dialogue-less cutscenes, the best bonus minigames in the series too.

Dreamland 3 aside, this is when the best Kirby games where actually the typical ones instead of the best Kirby games being sidegames.

I'm jumping the gun a bit as I haven't actually played the majority of the games, but I like how you list pros and cons for each (my experience with Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64 matches yours). Definitely excited to pick up the collection when it's released, unlike the Mario Anniversary which I avoided...

Edited on by OptometristLime

CanisWolfred wrote:

Obviously you guys have been watching too much Anime. Maybe Link will photosythesis, too?.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

150. Posted:

Would've been awesome if this held remakes of those games with Return's...engine? (dunno what to call it. xD)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

151. Posted:

Don't the challenge stages use that 'engine'?
Hey maybe Kirby's Return-- will get a discounted price for the anniversary, one can hope. :/

CanisWolfred wrote:

Obviously you guys have been watching too much Anime. Maybe Link will photosythesis, too?.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

152. Posted:

i preordered this along with last story and super mario bros 2 only to find out later that day at home that its releasing next month lol :P

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

153. Posted:

Fat Dedede must be loved. Therefore I'm buying this ASAP when it comes to the US.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

154. Posted:

You know, I once imagined 2 Kirby collections being made. One would be called "Kirby's Dream Collection" and it would be for Wii. The other would be called "Kirby's Star Collection" and it would be for DS. DC would have main series games, while SC would have spin-offs. I doubt they'll make a "Star Collection," but it's funny how it worked out for this one. :P

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

155. Posted:

the price on it when i pre-ordered mine was 40 bux.....EB games was the only place that had it. The official site says
Brand-new Challenge Stages like the ones in Kirby’s Return to Dream Land™ (Wii™)
Some of the classic games include multiplayer modes.

I can't wait to play this collection

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, PL vs AA, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

156. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

↑ This just makes me feel old. :(

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

moomoo

157. Posted:

Dear Nintendo,
Why didn't you give Metroid this treatment?
Love,
Everyone.

In all seriousness, this looks like a solid colletion, but since I own four of the six games on it, I think I'll pass.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Emaan

158. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Dear Nintendo,
Love,
Everyone.

In all seriousness, this looks like a solid colletion, but since I own four of the six games on it, I think I'll pass.

Ugh for real. :| (about Metroid)

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

159. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Dear Nintendo,
Love,
Everyone.

It's not a major franchise, so that's why.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Emaan

160. Posted:

Metroid...not a major franchise? Hide. Now.

The Emaaloggery