Forums

Topic: Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection!

Posts 121 to 140 of 222

e-love

Super Star will always be my favorite.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TysonOfTime

Emaan wrote:

Super Star Ultra will always be my favorite.

I fixed it for you.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

e-love

I like both the original and the DS remake. That's why I'll be getting the original on my Wii soon from Club Nintendo!

Firejonie

It seems the game will be $40 in NA. I pre ordered at GameStop and the price is $39.99. The same price is on Amazon, that's good. I think $50 would have been too much. The game is out in Japan and NWR has unboxing pictures of it. Notice the bottom of the back of the box, it has icons of the GameCube and Classic Controllers on it. So I guess this means this game will support the Wii Remote sideways, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro and the GameCube controller.

Firejonie

Nintenbro

Nintenbro wrote:

@Firejonie, I can't see it being any lower than $39.99, with the amount of additional content.

Ha! I knew it was going to cost $39.99, somehow.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

e-love

$30 would've been a better value to me. I mean really, to get all the games off of the Virtual Console it would cost you $39. That's basically $40. Collections should be priced at a bargain versus getting the games individually. That's what I think at least.

e-love

Art booklet, music CD, I realize that. But I still think collections of any kind should be at a price that rivals the option of getting the games individually.

Nintenbro

Yeah, I knew it would cost at least $39.99, because of all the additional content. You also have to take into consideration that Nintendo visually enhanced each game in the collection. I'm sure that's factored into the MSRP as well.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

e-love

They don't look visually enhanced at all, plus both Kirby's Dreamland 1 and 2 don't look as good on a big screen.

RazorYoshi

Too bad I already own 3 of the games =/.
But I'll still probably get it. I'm glad he gets his own collection.

RazorYoshi

KingMike

I'm hoping I don't regret ordering from GameStop at a "sale" price. I remember pre-ordering 4 Heroes of Light at $5 off, and they refused to give me the sale price on in-store pickup, even when I brought in the email confirmation.
Well, this time I paid for mail order, hopefully then I'll get it. (I figured even if I had to pay for shipping, it's some savings over the $50 "regular" price.)

KingMike

Firejonie

KingMike wrote:

I'm hoping I don't regret ordering from GameStop at a "sale" price. I remember pre-ordering 4 Heroes of Light at $5 off, and they refused to give me the sale price on in-store pickup, even when I brought in the email confirmation.
Well, this time I paid for mail order, hopefully then I'll get it. (I figured even if I had to pay for shipping, it's some savings over the $50 "regular" price.)

I'm not sure the $40 price is a sale. On the website it looks like it's on sale, since it has the $50 price on top but covered by a line. But still be aware, no other online site has the game listed ( not even Amazon for a strange reason) and Nintendo hasn't released any news about the price. The guy at GameStop when I put the final $20 on it said it was $40.

Firejonie

e-love

NintyFan wrote:

Happy 20th Anniversary, Kirby! Twenty years ago today, Kirby's Dream Land was released in North America.

I didn't know that!

Yay Kirby!

kkslider5552000

NintyFan wrote:

Happy 20th Anniversary, Kirby! Twenty years ago today, Kirby's Dream Land was released in North America.

I have an original copy of the game, so I should hook up the GCN with the GBA Player and save Dreamland's food from that mallet wielding penguin.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

OptometristLime

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Dreamland 2 is Adventure 2. Just Adventure with a twist. Really. It's awesome because of that but not much else to say.

Dreamland 3 is decent but the levels are just not interesting or as Kirby levels of fun, outside of a cool mechanic relevent to getting 100%. A shame as the art and music in the game is fantastic.

Kirby 64 is a bit slow but awesome otherwise. Combining powers, fun dialogue-less cutscenes, the best bonus minigames in the series too.

Dreamland 3 aside, this is when the best Kirby games where actually the typical ones instead of the best Kirby games being sidegames.

I'm jumping the gun a bit as I haven't actually played the majority of the games, but I like how you list pros and cons for each (my experience with Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64 matches yours). Definitely excited to pick up the collection when it's released, unlike the Mario Anniversary which I avoided...

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Joeynator3000

Would've been awesome if this held remakes of those games with Return's...engine? (dunno what to call it. xD)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.