Forums

Topic: How is Skyward Sword a Prequel to Ocarina of Time?

Posts 101 to 120 of 211

shingi_70

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Don't forget this explanation:
[youtube:aHCbp5LTgbU]

love that video.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LordTendoboy

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Oh my god that is amazing. Who made that? The actor playing Doc Brown nailed his personality and voice. Wow.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

NX01Trekkie1992

tendoboy1984 wrote:

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Oh my god that is amazing. Who made that? The actor playing Doc Brown nailed his personality and voice. Wow.

it was also a fairly accurate description of the timeline, not sure if it's PERFECT or not, went by a little fast to analyze, but overall sounded pretty good

NX01Trekkie1992

LordTendoboy

I just got to the Silent Realm in Faron Woods. I'm convinced that Skyward Sword is the direct prequel to Twilight Princess. It has so much in common with that game.

Silent Realm = Twilight Realm
Spirit Vessel = Light Vessel

Both games have the Clawshot, while every other Zelda game had the Hookshot. What made the Clawshot disappear for centuries, only to suddenly reappear in Twilight Princess?

There are so many similarities between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess (in terms of both gameplay and environments), that I just can't make the connection with Ocarina of Time.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

NX01Trekkie1992

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I just got to the Silent Realm in Faron Woods. I'm convinced that Skyward Sword is the direct prequel to Twilight Princess. It has so much in common with that game.

Silent Realm = Twilight Realm
Spirit Vessel = Light Vessel

Both games have the Clawshot, while every other Zelda game had the Hookshot. What made the Clawshot disappear for centuries, only to suddenly reappear in Twilight Princess?

There are so many similarities between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess (in terms of both gameplay and environments), that I just can't make the connection with Ocarina of Time.

Get to the end of the game, it makes sense, and by the way, just cause the clawshot skips one game in the timeline, doesn't mean that it's out of order, there's also the whip from spirit tracks in that game, and that was hundreds of years later, items get lost and moved around, it happens, while the silent realms DO have SOME things in common with TP, that in no way implies a direct relationship, first off, the master sword is created in SS, it can't be a direct prequel to TP, which is already established as a sequel to OoT

NX01Trekkie1992

LordTendoboy

KaiserGX wrote:

Here I made this and put together why they come after each game and the story connection. I didn't add the story to some since it wasn't important and Skyward Sword for spoilers.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7153/legendofzeldatimeline...

Are you sure the "Adult timeline" only has Wind Waker and it's direct sequels? I would consider the Four Swords games and Minish Cap as part of the Wind Waker "series", since they all share similar traits (art style, graphics, etc.).

[...

KaiserGX

I don't go by art style and graphics when putting this together. Every game minus the 3 by Flagship (Minish Cap, Four Swords and Oracles) are created as either a sequel or prequel to another. Though thanks to Four Swords Adventures (made by Nintendo) helped fit in the 2 Flagship games and where it fits in comparison to regular series.

The only one up in the air is the Oracles and they only have two possible places they could go in so it doesn't matter that much.

Four Swords Adventures is a prequel to LTTP, During development it was going to be the Imprisoning War of LTTP. Ganondorf from OOT is now dead in both timelines. Four Swords Adventures sets up the Ganon from LTTP (which is the same Ganon for the remainder of the games in that timeline) and explains him wielding theTrident of Power.

Being that Four Swords and Minish Cap are prequels it's obvious they would go before it. Four Swords is a direct prequel to Four Swords Adventures and features the same Link. Which you can see by seeing the intro.

So in a short summary. Ganondorf from OOT dies in both timelines. However in the Child one, has him reborn and obtaining the Trident causing him to be transformed into Ganon (the blue pig beast) that we know from the original games.

So we have two. The one originating from OOT who got the Triforce of Power.
Untitled
And we have the second one reborn originating from Four Swords Adventures (again as a Gerudo) but obtained the Trident of Power and became the old Ganon from the originals.
Untitled

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

LordTendoboy

KaiserGX wrote:

stuff

I always thought the Four Swords games were side-stories and not part of the main time-line. They don't have much of a plot.

Ganondorf was resurrected in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. He didn't die completely in Ocarina of Time. He was killed permanently in Twilight Princess, until Nintendo decides to bring him back in another game and screw up the timeline AGAIN.

Ganon and Ganondorf are the same being. Ganondorf transformed into Ganon after his human form was killed in Ocarina of Time. But in Wind Waker he just has his human form. And then his beast form reappears in Twilight Princess. It doesn't make any sense.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

Aviator

tendoboy1984 wrote:

It doesn't make any sense.

You're just figuring this out now??

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

NX01Trekkie1992

tendoboy1984 wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

stuff

I always thought the Four Swords games were side-stories and not part of the main time-line. They don't have much of a plot.

Ganondorf was resurrected in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. He didn't die completely in Ocarina of Time. He was killed permanently in Twilight Princess, until Nintendo decides to bring him back in another game and screw up the timeline AGAIN.

Ganon and Ganondorf are the same being. Ganondorf transformed into Ganon after his human form was killed in Ocarina of Time. But in Wind Waker he just has his human form. And then his beast form reappears in Twilight Princess. It doesn't make any sense.

Um, called the triforce of power, how he stays alive over hundreds of years to begin with, and the reason he can mutate from time to time into a beast, makes sense to me when you consider divine power being mishandled

NX01Trekkie1992

shingi_70

tendoboy1984 wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

stuff

Gannon and Ganondorf are two seperate beings. Ganon possess ganondorf for a better lack of words. Why do you think there are games with only ganon and no ganondorf.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

NX01Trekkie1992

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

stuff

Gannon and Ganondorf are two seperate beings. Ganon possess ganondorf for a better lack of words. Why do you think there are games with only ganon and no ganondorf.

No, they are not separate, different, maybe, but same consciousness. As for games with only Ganon, the terms are often used interchangably, consider how only the humanoid Ganondorf was in Wind Waker (excluding Puppet Ganon), yet he was more often than not called Ganon. Also consider the sequences in multiple games where he WILLINGLY transforms back and forth between the two, same consciousness, just imbued with the Triforce of Power, therefore it's not possession, as for the games with ONLY Ganon, when the reincarnated Ganondorf stole the trident in FSA, he was permanently mutated into Ganon and could not change back (as this incarnation of Ganon did not have the Triforce of Power directly in his possession as the OoT arc Ganon did)

NX01Trekkie1992

BulbasaurusRex

Is it possible for there to be an unsplit timeline with a self-healing timeline in Ocarina of Time, where after being reincarnated in Four Swords Adventures, Ganondorf is later able to once again access his Gerudo form in Wind Waker (which would then, along with its direct sequels, be placed centuries after Link's Awakening), then placing the original two games at the very end in New Hyrule (which makes sense with the different geography)?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

NX01Trekkie1992

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Is it possible for there to be an unsplit timeline with a self-healing timeline in Ocarina of Time, where after being reincarnated in Four Swords Adventures, Ganondorf is later able to once again access his Gerudo form in Wind Waker (which would then, along with its direct sequels, be placed centuries after Link's Awakening), then placing the original two games at the very end in New Hyrule (which makes sense with the different geography)?

you're talking about a unified timeline theory, I personally don't see how it could work myself, plus it was either Eiji Aonuma or Shigeru Miyamoto (I don't recall which) who confirmed that the timeline is indeed split

NX01Trekkie1992

Meta-Rift

I think BulbasaurusRex means a split timeline that eventually merges back into one somewhere down the line. But I don't see how that could work either, even in theory.

Here's an explanation for the different geography, region names, and art styles: the unreliability of oral tradition. It's a legend.

Besides, I don't want to keep exploring the same areas in every new game.

Meta-Rift

KaiserGX

I used to think Four Swords Adventures (and MC and FS) was a separate series but it isn't. Nintendo made that game to retcon the existence of the Ganon from the old games and to fit in MC and FS. Since OOT originally was the Imprisoning War, it isn't anymore obviously.

Let me explain this one last time.

He doesn't die in Ocarina of Time, they seal him because they couldn't kill him.

In Wind Waker he dies when Link stabs him in the head with the Master Sword because prior to this the Triforce United and the King made a wish using it. So everyone lost their piece.

Then on the other side of the Timeline he dies in Twilight Princess, again loosing his Triforce piece in the process. Also yes he can transform into a beast.

This Ganondorf is dead for good on both sides. Now Nintendo wanted to Retcon the existence of the original Ganon as he was (the blue pig with the the trident). How could he be in LTTP if he was dead? So they made FSA which is suppose to be the imprisoning war back story from LTTP.

The difference between this Ganon is due to the Trident he is in permanent beast mode. The Trident is called the Trident of Power so that may have something to do with the whole power/pig thing. Ganondorf can be called Ganon interchangeably but the beast is only known as Ganon.

Zelda Quote from Four Swords Adventures
"Ganon... this beast was once of the Gerudo... Once human. He was called Ganondorf! King of Darkness, ancient demon reborn. Wielder of the Trident!!"

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

MetalMario

Untitled

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH.

But seriously, they have a master timeline, they just don't let anyone see it.

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

BulbasaurusRex

Meta-Rift wrote:

I think BulbasaurusRex means a split timeline that eventually merges back into one somewhere down the line. But I don't see how that could work either, even in theory.

Here's an explanation for the different geography, region names, and art styles: the unreliability of oral tradition. It's a legend.

No, I mean one that never splits, one where after Link was sent back at the end of Ocarina of Time, the timeline had adjusted so that Ganondorf's defeat had still happened. Whether that means Young Link then had to go into hiding for 7 years during Ganondorf's reign until his alternate self defeated him, or the timeline was healed by the power of the Master Sword / Temple of Time so that Ganondorf's reign never actually happened, is up to you.

Also, I thought there was a NL story earlier this year where Nintendo strongly implied a single timeline.

Yes, Ganondorf was killed in Twilight Princess and again in Wind Waker, but he was also reincarnated in Four Swords Adventure. Suppose his Gerudo form wasn't gone for good after transforming in FSA. There may have been something that happened early in Wind Waker (maybe he reobtained his Triforce piece, I don't know) that allowed him to finally transform back into Ganondorf. That would explain how Ganondorf died twice in a single timeline.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

shingi_70

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

No, I mean one that never splits, one where after Link was sent back at the end of Ocarina of Time, the timeline had adjusted so that Ganondorf's defeat had still happened. Whether that means Young Link then had to go into hiding for 7 years during Ganondorf's reign until his alternate self defeated him, or the timeline was healed by the power of the Master Sword / Temple of Time so that Ganondorf's reign never actually happened, is up to you.

Also, I thought there was a NL story earlier this year where Nintendo strongly implied a single timeline.

Yes, Ganondorf was killed in Twilight Princess and again in Wind Waker, but he was also reincarnated in Four Swords Adventure. Suppose his Gerudo form wasn't gone for good after transforming in FSA. There may have been something that happened early in Wind Waker (maybe he reobtained his Triforce piece, I don't know) that allowed him to finally transform back into Ganondorf. That would explain how Ganondorf died twice in a single timeline.

expect Wind Waker and Twilight Princess use the same Gannon and both work as direct sequels to OOT. In the Wind Waker timeline ganon broke free of the scared realm and kills zelda. Due to Adult link being sent back in time He no longer exists in this timeline which is why the King of hyrule floods the earth.

In the Twilight Princess Timeline Child link and Zelda are able to make sure that Gannondorf never gets the Triforce and his betrayal is put to light. This link leaves into the lost woods looking for navi and the Hero of time may become the heroes shade. (the skelton warrior that teaches TP Link) Ganondorf is put on trail and Isn't killed by the sages due to demise's curse.

If it were one singular timeline then Windwaker and Twilight Princess couldn't have happened.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.