Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,080

SkullMan

Just ordered this, can't come fast enough.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

theblackdragon

FYI, it would be a very, very wise decision for the bickering that began in other threads to not be started in this thread too.

I don't care who started it. It's time for it to end.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Varoennauraa

Creating online games!?!? HEEEELP!!!!

We play FPS's only with friends, but I didn't find a way to create a game!!! We could only join in already existing game with random people, which I, as well as my friends, absolutely hate. Whats with that!?!? That RUINS the game for us!!! And I have used a lot of influence on my friends to buy this SUPPOSEDLY FINALLY OK FPS -game on WII. Did we waste another 60€ for NOTHING AT ALLL!!!? Would it have been so hard to implement such a basic feature!!?!?!!!?!?!?!! Please let this be a misconception.

I am wanting, I am thinking
To arise and go forth singing,
Sing my songs and say my sayings,
Hymns ancestral harmonizing,
Lore of kindred lyricking.
In my mouth the words are melting;
Utterances overflowing
To my tongue are hurrying,
Even against my teeth they burst.

Spoony_Tech

Varoennauraa wrote:

Creating online games!?!? HEEEELP!!!!

We play FPS's only with friends, but I didn't find a way to create a game!!! We could only join in already existing game with random people, which I, as well as my friends, absolutely hate. Whats with that!?!? That RUINS the game for us!!! And I have used a lot of influence on my friends to buy this SUPPOSEDLY FINALLY OK FPS -game on WII. Did we waste another 60€ for NOTHING AT ALLL!!!? Would it have been so hard to implement such a basic feature!!?!?!!!?!?!?!! Please let this be a misconception.

Sorry! The only way to do private matches is in the comfort of your own living room. Was a big omission if you ask me. You can nly invite 3 for a 4 person party also online!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Varoennauraa

THATS HORRIBLE!!!

How can they leave it away!!!! I'm so mad, that I'm actually crying a little bit!!! I have a tear in my eye. I cannot understand this! Why didn't anyone warn me!??!? Why there is no warning on the box, that you can only play with random, cheating and quitting idiot -bot like dudes!?!?!!!?

I used all my remaining influence on my friends. "no, no, this time its really good, it got great reviews, we shall get this for our team FPS game". Even Measily Medal of Honor had that primitive, rudimentary feature...in fact the whole genre was born with that feature. I'm doing my everything here so that I wouldn't swear.......njjnnnnnnjjjjaaaaaaahh : (: (:
Another 60€ wasted! And I'm not going to get my friends to buy any other games either anymore, so FPS-wise my whole current generation is now officially BS. I knew we should have waited for conduit 2!

I am wanting, I am thinking
To arise and go forth singing,
Sing my songs and say my sayings,
Hymns ancestral harmonizing,
Lore of kindred lyricking.
In my mouth the words are melting;
Utterances overflowing
To my tongue are hurrying,
Even against my teeth they burst.

romulux

finally beat it on 007 classic. i was wrong, there are two body armors in cradle, which helps a lot. you don't get anything for beating it, but it was still a lot of fun to do. it's not quite as fun as 00 agent in the original though, since with the way guards randomly appear and shoot you from all directions it feels like you're fighting a swarm of mosquitos.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

You get serious props from me, romulux; I'm still stuck on the latter part of Archives and so far have no desire to go back and try to pass it...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Spoony_Tech

Ha you should see him online. If anyone can do it he can.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

hey, it's just a simple matter of having way too much free time on my hands

are you abusing the checkpoints metroid_fan? i always tried to get through a segment getting hit as little as i could, and if i got hit too much i'd restart from the last marker. i think on that last part of archives it helps if you hang around on the upper floor and keep moving until the elevator shows up (still really hard)

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

I do abuse the checkpoints, yes. I'm actually in the part right after the elevator ride, though my strategy for surviving the elevator sequence was to run like hell to activate the elevator and then just keep moving (but only around the the three rooms closest to the thing) and killing until it showed up. I remember forgetting that guards come out of the elevator in my attempt before my successful one, boy was I pissed when they killed me just as I was claiming victory...

I actually managed pretty well in the next room, until the second wave of soldiers where I hid in the darkened room and a soldier finished me off from behind while I was dealing with the guys in front...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

hulklol123456789

got it today, im gonna play it and post impressions later

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

hulklol123456789

Impressions, impressions, impression:

These game is not CoD, its Goldenye 007, you don't play as a soldier, you play as a secret agent. The first problem I has wit the game are the controlls, it was hard to get used to the wii-remote, nunchuck combo, also at first I did not understand the levels. But after 1 hours or so, I adjust the control settings with lower sensibility, and it worked great, splitscreen, online, campaign mode What I most like from these game is that you are always trying to make that the guards don't see you, thats awesome, I need to play it a little more. (yay lvl 3 on online) I will post my friend code later, here and in the other forum.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Kelvin

For those who have been using the Wiimote/Nunchuk combination, do you think a Wii Zapper would help with that arrangement, or is it better without?

Wii Code: 7714 7295 2393 7107
Goldeneye: 1829 8377 3420 - playing as [NL] KelvinG
Mario Kart Wii: 3093 9646 0225
Super Smash Brothers Brawl: 0388 0323 8824

Deviant_Mugen

I haven't used the zapper, but I definitely think the layout for the Wiimote/Nunchuck is perfect (once you adjust the sensitivities and dead zones to your liking, that is)...

Kelvin

Thanks Metroid_Fan!

Ever since the Wii was released, I thought Wiimote/Nunchuk would be a perfect control system for a first-person shooter -- or "Doom clones" as we called them back in the day -- so I'm keen to use that control scheme for Goldeneye.

Edited on by Kelvin

Wii Code: 7714 7295 2393 7107
Goldeneye: 1829 8377 3420 - playing as [NL] KelvinG
Mario Kart Wii: 3093 9646 0225
Super Smash Brothers Brawl: 0388 0323 8824

Deviant_Mugen

Personally, I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not utilizing the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo. I hope you enjoy your play-through as much as I did (not to mention the split-screen)...

Z_Bone

Though this game does support the Zapper, using it would be pointless. If you want to make the game very difficult and frustrating, by all means, use it. Like most games that support the Zapper, they come up with some flawed control scheme that doesn't work just so they can say on the box that it supports the Zapper. I mean, you can't even access the buttons!

Do the Mario!

SkullMan

Kelvin wrote:

Thanks Metroid_Fan!

Ever since the Wii was released, I thought Wiimote/Nunchuk would be a perfect control system for a first-person shooter -- or "Doom clones" as we called them back in the day -- so I'm keen to use that control scheme for Goldeneye.

I want a doom for the wii.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Killamancer

Do you think my little brothers who hate using wiimote/nunchuck for fps and love shooters on the 360 like halo and cod would like this game?

3ds FC : 3823 - 8527 - 1863
Pokemon White FC : 3739 - 8843 - 9193

Spoony_Tech

It depends! The single player mode is more fun then most first person shooters on any system. The online is fun but has its issues. Host drop out ends the match no winners or losers and no experience gained either. No voice chat! Some modes could really use it. For the most part its fun but flawed!

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.