Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,080

romulux

Z.Bone wrote:

There's a fundamental flaw in Heroes mode. I like the mode a lot, but there's not much benefit to becoming a Hero.

your first impression playing as the hero is that you're going to be all powerful, but the more you play it the more you realize it's about being responsible for your team. if you die, you pretty much hand the other side 10 points. i'll often be the hero just because i know if i don't some bufoon on my team is going to take it and mess it up.

the boosts in power you get are pretty subtle but you can still really tear things up. i got a 28 kill streak in jungle as bond once, and i reguarly get streaks of 10+ in archives as ourumov, even with the AK. the extra damage you do really gives you an edge if you choose to fight people instead of cowering in some vents, like half of the heroes do.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Spoony_Tech

Romulux and I had a match the other day and we had only 3 heroes to shoot at. It took about 2 mins before a hero even appeared.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Slapshot

I'm enjoying the game immensely so far. Ive swapped over to the Pro Controller as I've gotten my Pointer set-up properly but I find the set-up hard to use online. Like I got 7 kills in a Free-for-All match and swapped to Pro and got 27 kills I'm a big FPS online fan and not happy with Black Ops on PS3 at the moment until it gets fully patched up and this is a great online experience. Spawn points can be iffy, but heck if you know how to play that right, its a free kill

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Z_Bone

I just read in the manual about the benefits of being a hero, and it is shocking. Not only do you get a damage boost and increased health, but when you are standing near teammates (not sure how close you have to be) they also get an increase in health. Pretty cool. I would have never known that if I hadn't read the manual.

And Romulux, I completely agree. In heroes you really have to fight as a team. If you are the hero you have to play smart, and if you are not the hero you need to either hunt down the other hero or protect your hero (and get that health boost when standing next to him). A couple times I have been the hero and my team really just understood it and basically became a wall to protect me. Moments like that are what make heroes a blast. I just wish more people knew what they were doing.

Do the Mario!

sandpiper

I've played just a bit of the first level. I can't really get into it now - Black Ops keeps calling me.

sandpiper

SkullMan

caelett wrote:

I've played just a bit of the first level. I can't really get into it now - Black Ops keeps calling me.

I want to pick it up but Black Ops is eating up most of my gaming time.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Z_Bone

I got GE when it came out and just recently got Black Ops. I think they are both amazing in there own ways. Black Ops is a lot deeper, but GE has it's charm.

Do the Mario!

TheBaconator

I was playing the online for the past week again after taking a break and all I can say is, my god. Was the online play less laggy before or was it just me. Also, does anyone else have problems getting past level 15. I've played about 20 matches and got anywhere from 300-1500 XP in every match averaging around 500 XP per match, but I still haven't leveled up. I'm putting all this time into the game and am not getting rewarded for it. Is there even a way to check how much XP you need to reach the next level? I mean the highest ranked non-hacker person on the leaderboards is only level 56 and if that is the only person at that level. Usually in FPS games there are already hundreds of people at a high level within the first month. Also how come the sniper rifle is only an instant kill sometimes? I mean sometimes I shoot a guy in the foot and he dies, but sometimes he doesn't, and sometimes I shoot a guy in the chest and he doesn't die. Everything in the online just seems broken. You'd think because this is a Wii exclusive game they'd at least try to make the online stronger then the copy and pasted Black Ops Wii, especially when they are the same Publisher. The single player was great, but I guess they realized they didn't need to try on the online because GE fans will just keep wetting themselves over how GE has online no matter how sloppy.

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

irken004

ballkirby1 wrote:

Also how come the sniper rifle is only an instant kill sometimes? I mean sometimes I shoot a guy in the foot and he dies, but sometimes he doesn't, and sometimes I shoot a guy in the chest and he doesn't die.

It could be an effect of the bio booster, though I'm not certain.

TheBaconator

irken004 wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

Also how come the sniper rifle is only an instant kill sometimes? I mean sometimes I shoot a guy in the foot and he dies, but sometimes he doesn't, and sometimes I shoot a guy in the chest and he doesn't die.

Nope, it would be me shooting the same person once in the foot or chest and he'd die, and then I'd shoot him in the foot or chest again and he won't die, sometimes even in two shots.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

ballkirby1 wrote:

I was playing the online for the past week again after taking a break and all I can say is, my god. Was the online play less laggy before or was it just me. Also, does anyone else have problems getting past level 15. I've played about 20 matches and got anywhere from 300-1500 XP in every match averaging around 500 XP per match, but I still haven't leveled up. I'm putting all this time into the game and am not getting rewarded for it. Is there even a way to check how much XP you need to reach the next level? I mean the highest ranked non-hacker person on the leaderboards is only level 56 and if that is the only person at that level. Usually in FPS games there are already hundreds of people at a high level within the first month. Also how come the sniper rifle is only an instant kill sometimes? I mean sometimes I shoot a guy in the foot and he dies, but sometimes he doesn't, and sometimes I shoot a guy in the chest and he doesn't die. Everything in the online just seems broken. You'd think because this is a Wii exclusive game they'd at least try to make the online stronger then the copy and pasted Black Ops Wii, especially when they are the same Publisher. The single player was great, but I guess they realized they didn't need to try on the online because GE fans will just keep wetting themselves over how GE has online no matter how sloppy.

go to the place to see weapon proficieny and check your agency record or w/e and it tells you how much EXP you need. Also some people die from sniper rifle one hit or not depending o nthe gadget they have. If you have bio booster gadget that raises hp. I have it and no longer die one hit from sniper rifle. Also the melee doesnt kill me one hit either. Also sometimes the lag takes away your shots so if you shoto someone when it lags shot wont register.
It is pretty laggy for me sometimes though

Edited on by SMEXIZELDAMAN

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Z_Bone

ballkirby1 wrote:

I was playing the online for the past week again after taking a break and all I can say is, my god. Was the online play less laggy before or was it just me. Also, does anyone else have problems getting past level 15. I've played about 20 matches and got anywhere from 300-1500 XP in every match averaging around 500 XP per match, but I still haven't leveled up. I'm putting all this time into the game and am not getting rewarded for it. Is there even a way to check how much XP you need to reach the next level? I mean the highest ranked non-hacker person on the leaderboards is only level 56 and if that is the only person at that level. Usually in FPS games there are already hundreds of people at a high level within the first month. Also how come the sniper rifle is only an instant kill sometimes? I mean sometimes I shoot a guy in the foot and he dies, but sometimes he doesn't, and sometimes I shoot a guy in the chest and he doesn't die.

I can answer all of this. As for lag, It's either as smooth as can be or so laggy my character jumps around sporadically. It's rarely in-between for me. But 99% are smooth. You can check how much XP you need to level up if you go to the operations history. Leveling up is slow in this game compared to COD because there is no prestiging. Instead of prestiging you actually level up slower, which I prefer to COD, since prestiging is pointless. The sniper isn't always an instant kill because of perks. There are two perks, bio booster and that bulletproof vest one(can't remember the name) that increase health and reduce bullet/explosion damage, respectively. Ever notice how melee attacks don't kill people instantly sometimes? That's the bio booster perk.

Do the Mario!

Z_Bone

ballkirby1 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

Nope, it would be me shooting the same person once in the foot or chest and he'd die, and then I'd shoot him in the foot or chest again and he won't die, sometimes even in two shots.

Well they can switch their loadout in midgame, so this doesn't matter.

Edited on by Z_Bone

Do the Mario!

TheBaconator

Yeah, I also notice how unreliable the melee is. it only works sometimes. I just stopped playing because I got really ticked off because I hit a guy 3 times, heard the punching noise and wouldn't die, he vanishes, and turns up behind me and hits me once and I died.

Z_Bone

ballkirby1 wrote:

Yeah, I also notice how unreliable the melee is. it only works sometimes. I just stopped playing because I got really ticked off because I hit a guy 3 times, heard the punching noise and wouldn't die, he vanishes, and turns up behind me and hits me once and I died.

It's not unreliable, it's just perks in action. Use em.

Do the Mario!

TheBaconator

A perk that makes you magically vanish and assassinate a guy after he just hit you 3 times, I don't remember seeing that one. The whole game just feels like luck to me. Sometimes you kill 'em sometimes you don't.

Z_Bone

Magically vanish? Wow, how bad is your connection?

Do the Mario!

TheBaconator

Very good, in fact when the host quits it always makes me the host. The match I was in was also running pretty smooth, but no one was dying from anything.

Z_Bone

Must be a hacker you were playing with. I've never encountered that.

Do the Mario!

Spoony_Tech

irken004 wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

He could have switched his load out. I have different perks set to mine.

Edit: sorry didn't see Z-Bone said that.
As for melee's I've never had a problem. You need to check the rank of the person you melee. He probably has Bio buster.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.