Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,080

Tasuki

Gameday wrote:

yea just a few old levels re done should of been in the game it would of been nice.... temple nice , bunker nice , the original facility the new one's koo too and of cosa the infamous COMPLEX favorite level of all time was put into perfect dark as well so why deny now i mean its goldeneye 007

The simple answere both Perfect Dark and N64 GoldenEye were made by Rare which is owned by Microsoft. The Wii GoldenEye is made by Activision/Blizzard which doesnt have the rights to the original GoldenEye so they had to come up with their own level designs. So thats why they had to change the levels and the original layouts couldnt be used even in Multiplayer.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

noname001

TimSlim wrote:

I want to play this with the zapper, but am abit worried about the quick-time events - I cant see how I will be able to shake the nun-chuck for a stealth kill for example...

Does anyone here use the zapper? Can you map the QTE to buttons or will I have to shake the zapper about alot?

QTE still work. If the game asks you to shake the 'chuck (for a stealth kill or a door or whatever), shake the whole zapper. If it asks you to shake the 'mote, shake the whole zapper. It doesn't punish you if you shake the wrong thing.

The zapper doesn't ever really seem to work with shooting games, ironically. Because so many of them rely on flicks of the chuck or mote. But it seems to be totally fine with Goldeneye.

noname001

hulklol123456789

If im lucky, I will get these game later tonight.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Tim_Slim

wobee wrote:

TimSlim wrote:

I want to play this with the zapper, but am abit worried about the quick-time events - I cant see how I will be able to shake the nun-chuck for a stealth kill for example...

Does anyone here use the zapper? Can you map the QTE to buttons or will I have to shake the zapper about alot?

QTE still work. If the game asks you to shake the 'chuck (for a stealth kill or a door or whatever), shake the whole zapper. If it asks you to shake the 'mote, shake the whole zapper. It doesn't punish you if you shake the wrong thing.

The zapper doesn't ever really seem to work with shooting games, ironically. Because so many of them rely on flicks of the chuck or mote. But it seems to be totally fine with Goldeneye.

Thanks for the advice wobee - sounds promising, even if I do hate to shake the zapper... but I rekon Goldeneye will be worth it

Tim_Slim

Xkhaoz

wobee wrote:

TimSlim wrote:

Did you change the controller settings to Zapper mode? Because when I play with the Zapper, you move the controller to reload, and melee is mapped to a button/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

JGMR

Untitled
Untitled

Lot's of people complain that the game isn't like the original. But i bet that when it would've released like the original (like the 360 canned version) people would complain that it was just a cheap port...

And it isn't a Call of Duty-engine using title either!

With kind regards,

JGMR

Tasuki

Not sure if anyone is interested buy Amazon is selling the CC pro bundle GoldenEye for $49.99. Not sure how long it will last but you are basically getting the controller for free.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Slapshot

Hey guys, I got the game on Black Friday ($5) and I finally got a chance to play the first level and a few online matches and really enjoyed myself. What control scheme to yall prefer online? I'm also not sure how the friends works with this game online, but if it doesn't need friend codes I'm slapshot82 online. If I need to post my friend code tonight I will later when I get a chance as Ive got to finish up a review for a few hours.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Z_Bone

@ slapshot,
Woah, woah, woah. You got the game for five measly bucks? I never saw that deal anywhere. I use a fully customized control scheme and you should too. Instead of using a preset you can fully adjust everything the way you see fit. Speaking of controls, I like the controls of this game much more than Black Ops on Wii. And yes, this game uses friend codes.

Do the Mario!

grenworthshero

slapshot82 wrote:

Hey guys, I got the game on Black Friday ($5) and I finally got a chance to play the first level and a few online matches and really enjoyed myself. What control scheme to yall prefer online? I'm also not sure how the friends works with this game online, but if it doesn't need friend codes I'm slapshot82 online. If I need to post my friend code tonight I will later when I get a chance as Ive got to finish up a review for a few hours.

Holy crap! I bought mine for 70 bucks the day it came out (with the classic controller pro.)

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Slapshot

Yeah, Toys-R-us had a deal that was buy one game get the second for $5 and my brother bought a game and I cashed in Lol.

@Z.Bone.... aight cool. Ill play a bit offline and set everything up, I did the same with Red Steel with a fully customized control set-up, heck I do the same in MAG with Move.

Ill post my Friend Code in a bit.

Z_Bone

O.O Say what?! The toys r us deal of the week was buy one get one half off, at least in my area. I used it to get DK and Black Ops. You must have an awesome toys r us where you live...

Do the Mario!

Slapshot

Z.Bone wrote:

O.O Say what?! The toys r us deal of the week was buy one get one half off, at least in my area. I used it to get DK and Black Ops. You must have an awesome toys r us where you live...

Black Friday Door Buster! Only for the ones who stood in line at 3am in the morning in the freezing cold Lol.

Wii Code 3565 8744 9876 0476
Goldeneye Friend Code 021526731713

Spoony_Tech

slapshot82 wrote:

z wrote:

Black Friday Door Buster! Only for the ones who stood in line at 3am in the morning in the freezing cold Lol.

Hey slapshot. Ill add you later but go post this n the online friends topic. That's where we are all at. Got 33 friends on my list.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Slapshot

Tech101 wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

z wrote:

@Tech... thanks man, I literally forgot the Online thread

Hey slapshot. Ill add you later but go post this n the online friends topic. That's where we are all at. Got 33 friends on my list.

Z_Bone

There's a fundamental flaw in Heroes mode. I like the mode a lot, but there's not much benefit to becoming a Hero. Sure you get better weaponry (at least until you unlock the better weapons), but it shows everyone where you are so you are a huge target and to add insult to injury your hero kills only net 5 points instead of 10. What I've been noticing a lot when playing this mode is that no one on one of the teams will become a hero, so there is no way to get points quickly.There's basically no reason to become hero, as it hurts your team. So basically it just turns into a normal match as no one wants to become hero (which turns out to be the most effective strategy).

They should have made it so that you get some kind of point bonus for kills as a hero. This would really encourage people to actually become hero.

Do the Mario!

Oregano

Bond as a hero dominates. 3 proximity mines means 3 kills if you play it smart and Bond's weaponry will outmatch anyone you happen to run into. There's no point in being hero if that hero is Ouromov though.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Z_Bone

I agree about Bond being awesome and Ouromov the worst. Zukovsky is also awesome on a close map, but this isn't my point. For one, these upgrades will no longer be upgrades when everyone unlocks all the advanced weaponry and the fact that you can win the match so much easier if no one on your team becomes hero defeats the purpose.

Do the Mario!

Spoony_Tech

They really should just make someone be the hero instead of allowing your to take over when you want.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Oregano

Tech101 wrote:

They really should just make someone be the hero instead of allowing your to take over when you want.

I think after a certain point if no one has chosen to be the hero it gets forced on someone.... not sure though.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.