Forums

Topic: GAME UK not stocking Mario Party 9

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

ImDiggerDan

Or Mass Effect 3.
http://spong.com/article/26457/GAME-Group-Not-Stocking-Mario-...
http://spong.com/article/26460/Leaked-GAME-Memo-Confirms-Mass-Effect-3-Stock-Decision

When I was last in a Game store I mentioned MP9 since they had a countdown clock for its release and they asked if I wanted to pre-order it with them. "No thanks" I said "You might not still be here when it comes out." Well, I was part right so far...

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

theblackdragon

does anyone know what GAME did to piss all these publishers off? it seems every time i look up at my screen there's another announcement re: a game they're not stocking. i feel bad for the retail workers caught up in this mess, hope there won't be too many layoffs

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

shingi_70

Game am Doooooooommmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddd.

@TBD

I think they have bad credit,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ImDiggerDan

I think it is not the publishers, it is the suppliers. Game owes them money. They want it. I would imagine that they also don't like being excluded from Game's profits from pre-owned just like publishers don't. So long, Game. Been nice 'n' all. If anyone has any deposits/gift cards/whatever of value held with the company - time to cash in before they go pop.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

Mk_II

The distributors clearly want their money up front instead of the usual 'order now, pay us later' deal. This is usually a sign that the business is in dire financial straits

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Tasuki

They probably wont be around much longer if distributors wont send them the games for whatever reason. People will just have to spend their money elsewhere if that's the case.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

edhe

I've heard people talk about how many GAME stores they have in their town or city, but at one point, the City of Norwich had 4 GAME stores and a Gamestation.

Two of them have since closed leaving 2 GAME stores and a Gamestation. That's still 2 stores too many - Gamestation, of course is owned by the GAME group and has been turned into another GAME, but with 'ard, tattoed punks plastered on the windows.

Further to that, there are currently 4 independent game outlets (one in a market), and a CEX, but they can never provide the service that a dedicated game store can - with preorders and new games.

The thing is when GAME finally goes south, there will surely be a buyer, but hopefully, they can reverse GAME's past policy of opening up as many stores in any given city or town as they can.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

FonistofCruxis

In my town there is one GAME and one Gamestation and I wouldn't be surprised if both close down in a few months time. There would still be HMV but apparently that's in danger of being shut down too which would just leave one independent games store in my town.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.