Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 4,241 to 4,260 of 4,371

TheCurator

As of this day, I finished most Hearts to Hearts, and kicked the butt of all the superbosses (Gradivus, the Headless Emperor, Chimera that escaped the Lifehold Core, the Strongest Prone). I also crafted Elma's lvl55 true armor and am at 92% Mira completion.

Wii U Owner!
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 14-Inch HD Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB DDR3 248GB SSD OS Windows 10 Pro

SKTTR

TheCurator wrote:

As of this day, I finished most Hearts to Hearts, and kicked the butt of all the superbosses (Gradivus, the Headless Emperor, Chimera that escaped the Lifehold Core, the Strongest Prone). I also crafted Elma's lvl55 true armor and am at 92% Mira completion.

All superbosses include the secret boss Pharsis the Everqueen in Sylvalum and obviously Telethia the Endbringer in Noctilum. Did you beat them?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

TheCurator

@SKTTR I beat Pharsis the Everqueen with EBDB 1-hit dead and Telethia the Endbringer with Lvl50 Lailah before Chapter 12. So I'm good.

Yesterday I explored 100% Mira and pretty much I'm done with the game, a truly amazing sci-fi adventure that it is. Anyone interested to scout me name's Cross and I'm wearing the Lvl55 True Form armor set, the one that you need to craft. My build is EBD with 760 potential, Spatha and 6,000 TP.

Now I will most probably try to complete some achievements like the Scenic Viewpoints and go through Boze, Alexa, H.B. affinity quests and heart to hearts since these are the only ones I didn't bother doing so far.

After roughly 250 hours of gameplay, I say how lucky we are us the Nintendo fans that we're getting such a quality adventures. It was my first Xeno game that I ever played and I'm going to take a break for a while from so large in extend games but in total I feel complete that I completed it if you get what I'm saying. Xenoblades Chronicles X touches subjects of God, philosophy, pure evil and greed. I'm happy that science is promoted throughout of it indicating that humankind can reach so far only by utilizing our understanding of natural phenomena and technology.

Edited on by TheCurator

Wii U Owner!
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 14-Inch HD Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB DDR3 248GB SSD OS Windows 10 Pro

TheCurator

I'm done with the game finally! Finished everything. If I ever boot it up again it would be to collect tickets to buy an Ares just for the sake of it. What a wonderful experience. That was a console seller.

Wii U Owner!

TheCurator

Last comment. Now that I remember it. Why the made so small the fonts? I've developed myopia because of it!

Wii U Owner!

Xyphon22

I finally got around to starting this up again after not playing it for many months. Finished up Chapter 6 and got my Skell license. I walked and drove around in it for a minute before leaving it behind to do some missions. I got into a battle at the water plant, and bam, there's my Skell out of nowhere. I figured I'd give it a shot since it followed me there, had no idea what I was doing, and I got it blown up. I went to the barracks where it said my insurance has fixed it, but I haven't seen it since so I think it's mad at me. So I'm not sure how to get it again, but it seems like it won't be much good till I can get it to fly anyways. It's fun to be back in the game though, but I'm discovering I don't like using the Overwhatever because then I don't have any TP left to resurrect my party when they inevitably die on boss battles.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Tyranexx

Skells tend to spawn wherever you save or warp. If you don't always see your Skell, it's likely behind an environmental obstacle of some sort.

...Unless you break a Skell more than three times. Then you'll have to go back to the barracks and repair it yourself. (Tip: Past this point, save often when you're using it/them and reload when it/they break) Each Skell can be repaired three times by insurance before you have to pay for the (expensive) repairs yourself.

The primary function for the Lv. 20 Skell that the game gives you for free is to get you used to Skell combat and weapon customization. I had quite a bit of fun once I got the hang of it, but I admittedly never 100% kitted mine out and filled in all the spots for arts (I think my max was six at one point on a Skell that either Lyn or Elma was using). Nothing is as satisfying as watching more difficult enemies from before crumbling under the screaming metal of a Skell...I'm starting to miss my Lv. 50 Inferno model and my Lv. 30 Amdusias.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Xyphon22

@Tyranexx Thanks. I figured it out. I guess at some point while messing with it at the barracks I managed to un-register it, so now it shows up. Glad it's not mad at me. It does seem grossly overpowered, though. I leveled up to level 30 to buy a new one and gave my original to Elma, and with just the 2 of us having Skells I steamrolled through chapters 7 and 8. I barely take any damage in it, and for some reason neither do my teammates who aren't even in Skells. I did fall off a cliff once, though, so I only have two insurances left. I'm sure it will get tougher later, and frankly I kind of welcome the ease at this point after struggling through chapter 6 and 7 until I got the new Skell so much. Now I just wish there was a way to know where in the continents to find the specific enemies and collectables I need for these darn missions.

Xyphon22

Tyranexx

Chapters 7 and 8 as a whole aren't that bad. You're coming up to a chapter that will keep you on your toes, to say the least. I had to restart a battle several times. Level 30 Skells should carry you for awhile, but you will get to a point where some enemies in the 40s get to be pretty difficult. (This is where level 50 Skells are desirable)

Some missions are pretty good at telling you where to go, but I did have to look up some collectibles online. The game is better with monster locations, but not perfect.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Xyphon22

Yeah, I've started Chapter 9 and am getting my butt kicked. Of course, it doesn't help that it is making me fight without my Skells in the first major battle. I will definitely have to go do other stuff to level up for awhile before I tackle it again, especially since my 4th team member is like 15-20 levels below the enemies. It took me this long to discover that I could have gone to Sylvalum at just about any time, though, so I have a whole 2 continents to explore that I've never been to, so hopefully that will make grinding a little more fun. As for monster locations, though, all I've seen is it will tell me the continent, the time, and the weather, but nothing more specific. It also doesn't help that when I do find the monster I need, they almost never drop the item I need no matter what body part I target.

Xyphon22

Tyranexx

...I don't really trust myself to say more about the main story just now without divulging some spoilers, so I'll mostly keep silent on that front. Suffice it to say that spending some time leveling would definitely be to your benefit. Spending time training up a fourth character won't hurt either. The only problem with my playthrough was (again, avoiding story spoilers) the character I used for my default fourth was NOT a good choice; I had to train up another before the endgame.

If you're into the side quests, i found more than a few that I definitely enjoyed story-wise. Some are genuinely entertaining and/or aren't afraid to tackle some dark themes such as racism and murder. I did many side quests, though I know for a fact that I didn't do all of them!

Sylvalum is actually my least favorite continent in terms of aesthetics, but it is interesting to explore. Just be aware of the spontaneous "fog" that can make things difficult to see; you can sometimes stumble onto a high level enemy by mistake.

Most monster locations should be marked on the map of the Gamepad, though occasionally the markers can be a little off base. Some drops from monsters that you need can be pretty rare; you can grind for these, but occasionally you can use tickets that you earn via your division to redeem some rarer items (this can get expensive though). Though it's not optimal for everything, do you use the Follow Ball?

TheCurator

Tip: Try to defeat Joker

Wii U Owner!

Xyphon22

Yeah, I've been using Lao as my fourth, but I can't use him this mission, and I just unlocked Nagi who is powerful, but I can't use him either, so I'm stuck trying to level up another one (I chose Irina, but she has no HP so dies super fast). And yes, I have recently run into some side quests that have made this game turn a lot darker than it was before. I also always forget all about the Follow Ball, so hopefully I can make better use of it. At this point, I am also no longer against looking up online where to find collectables and monsters, as I don't have the time in my life to waste running aimlessly around a video game world for hours. I don't want to ruin the story or how to accomplish main tasks, but these side things that don't show up on the radar/map I'm all for a little outside help.

Xyphon22

Cobalt

@Tyranexx

"Sylvalum is actually my least favorite continent in terms of aesthetics, but it is interesting to explore."

YEAH BUT...

With that tune, I forgive whatever you want

Cobalt

Darknyht

@Xyphon22 If you build your character certain ways, you will discover that you can easily break the game. I wasn't even attempting to and I managed to end up with a character that could solo some fairly ridiculous battles. So there is a point in the game where teammates basically turn into bullet sponges so you can do what you need to do.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Tyranexx

Yeah, that's a bummer about Nagi not able to be brought along on story missions, but it kinda makes sense too. No need for a higher-up to show such blatant favoritism. It's a shame though since he's very useful. I think I ended up using Hope as my default fourth for a little while; her HP wasn't great, but her buffs were definitely welcome.

@Cobalt: Okay, I'll agree about the tune. (XCX has a lot of good ones). But in terms of design alone, Noctilum still takes the cake for me, closely followed by Cauldros.

Xyphon22

I don't even know who Hope is, so I guess there's a side quest I can try to find while I'm grinding (although I assume it's probably an affinity mission that I can't do while in a story mission). I've grinded my main 3 up to 36 and Irina up to 30, but I still can't even get the level 33 person I have to fight down to half-health before her and the 34 kill me. Although ironically, it is me that they keep killing (after Irina), but Elma and Lin keep using their TP to resurrect Irina and so don't have any to save me. Somehow they seem to have become almost unhittable, they just don't do much damage. More grinding it is. But yes, the music is pretty cool.

Xyphon22

Darknyht

@Xyphon22 Here is a build for Irina that helps her not entirely stink, but keep in mind she is not going to contribute to battle outside of dumping healing and TP. You may want to even control her directly so you can best use the healing arts she has access to. I take no credit for the build, but if you combine it with the rifle that builds TP fast you should be able to keep everyone else alive.

Irina
Art Selection:
Last Stand
Smooth Recovery
Repair
Absorber Skin
Energy Source
Assault Hammer
Flash Grenade/Medic Free
Quick Cannon

Skill Selection:
Inner Search
Healing Touch/Filler
High Tension
Filler

One look at Irina and it's easy to tell she's hard support. Exclusive access to the party wide healing art Smooth Recovery wasn't enough, nope, she also learns Last Stand. This art at max level gives every other party member 2k TP, at the cost of 1k. Irina is one of the only two party members that learn this art. She also gets Quick Cannon, so she can also be fitted to deal some damage if you give her some Ranged Attack Up. Irina is the best full support party member in the game, and is definitely worth consideration.

Flash Grenade is better during the main game, but postgame when you can get Arts: Gain TP, Medic Free actually gives Irina some survivability, since she is one of the most defensively frail characters in the game, she needs as much defense as you can throw at her. Besides her frailty, her Skill selection sucks, which is also rather unfortunate. Still one of the best Party Members you can pick if you give her enough defense. Her comrade-in-arms however, isn't so lucky...

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

TheCurator

Remember also that Irina can help you in extremely late postgame to reach world record damage points due to one of the Voice Commands.You can hit if I remember correctly for a total of 99,000,000, by combining a weather condition, Irina’s Voice Command, a super weapon drop and about 900 Potential. So take good care of her! Also don’t sell the original equipment of the characters as its unique.

Edited on by TheCurator

Wii U Owner!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic