Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 4,371

IceClimbers

Elma would look pretty cool in a Samus costume honestly.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

Elma would look pretty cool in a Samus costume honestly.

You mean... A Zero Suit Elma?
DROOLS

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

crimsoncavalier

I do not believe it is humanly possible for me to more excited about this game. I'm more excited about this than Zelda U, and I never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth (or be typed by my hands...)

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Dezzy

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I do not believe it is humanly possible for me to more excited about this game. I'm more excited about this than Zelda U, and I never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth (or be typed by my hands...)

Me too. But part of that's surely because we know next-to-nothing about Zelda. The only thing we don't really know about this is the details of the story.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Me too. But part of that's surely because we know next-to-nothing about Zelda. The only thing we don't really know about this is the details of the story.

Well, I'm.already impressed by XCX. I already know Zelda U will be a good game but it will need a very good story and gameplay to impress me.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Well, I'm.already impressed by XCX. I already know Zelda U will be a good game but it will need a very good story and gameplay to impress me.

What are you impressed by?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

iKhan

Just listened to the battle theme. It was great until I started hearing rapping. Just. No.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

The mech gameplay, the in depth customization, the music, Planet Mira, and the list runs on. All that stuff XCX has is just making me smile and hungry for the game. Zelda U will be a good game. I know it won't be garbage.

Master of the Hype Train

KryptoniteKrunch

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

The mech gameplay, the in depth customization, the music, Planet Mira, and the list runs on. All that stuff XCX has is just making me smile and hungry for the game. Zelda U will be a good game. I know it won't be garbage.

Yeah, pretty much the same stuff has me most excited as well. Looking at some gameplay footage has me really pumped for this.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Blast

So Final Fantasy XV demo came out and many people on YouTube love it and are very excited for the full game. Heck, the demo even washed away some of my worries for FF XV.
What's my point?
XCX demo should happen.... Please... It can have a huge positive impact like FF XV's demo.

Edited on by Blast

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

You realize the mech combat is just the same as the on-foot combat with different moves, and a MMO-style mount movement system, right?

I dunno, I'm doubtful for both Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda U, having played their immediately previous entries. I'm just not confident they will have intriguing stories or worlds worth experiencing.
I'm more hopeful for Zelda U, but much of that is just wishful thinking from my personal investment, given the dearth of information. The other part is the diversity of gameplay mechanics within the Zelda series, whereas Xenoblade X is obviously just the same MMO-structured game with basically identical combat to Xenoblade Chronicles. What I mean is that depending where you are in Zelda games you could be doing largely different things, where Xenoblade is always fighting, collection, or walking.

Edited on by Haru17

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

You realize the mech combat is just the same as the on-foot combat with different moves, and a MMO-style mount movement system, right?

I dunno, I'm doubtful for both Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda U, having played their immediately previous entries. I'm just not confident they will have intriguing stories or worlds worth experiencing.
I'm more hopeful for Zelda U, but much of that is just wishful thinking from my personal investment, given the dearth of information. The other part is the diversity of gameplay mechanics within the Zelda series, whereas Xenoblade X is obviously just the same MMO-structured game with basically identical combat to Xenoblade Chronicles. What I mean is that depending where you are in Zelda games you could be doing largely different things, where Xenoblade is always fighting, collection, or walking.

Ahhh... Yeah, we have different tastes. I see what you're saying though. Let's hope both games turn out amazing!

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Ahhh... Yeah, we have different tastes. I see what you're saying though. Let's hope both games turn out amazing!

I'm not trying to state my different tastes, just to be realistic about the final projects. Zelda U will probably have a slightly sparse overworld and middling story and Xenoblade X will probably be confined to the gameplay I mentioned (and all the RPG stuff like loot, equipment, and crafting). Actually, I've no idea what either story will be like, I'm just extrapolating here.

Sleepingmudkip

XCX demo should be shipped with Splatoon...that would be funny

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Blast

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

XCX demo should be shipped with Splatoon...that would be funny

Hahahaha more like... A Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem demo should get shipped with XCX.

Master of the Hype Train

IceClimbers

Blast wrote:

Hahahaha more like... Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem should get shipped with XCX.

Fixed it for ya

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hahahaha more like... Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem should get shipped with XCX.

Fixed it for ya

Hahaha thanks!

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

What've you been smoking? The previous entries in Zelda have very little influence on the next entries. If anything they usually try and have as big a change as possible between consecutive games.
And the previous entry in the Xenoblade series didn't convince you the world will be worth exploring? That was like the most unique world in any JRPG for decades!

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

What've you been smoking? The previous entries in Zelda have very little influence on the next entries. If anything they usually try and have as big a change as possible between consecutive games.
And the previous entry in the Xenoblade series didn't convince you the world will be worth exploring? That was like the most unique world in any JRPG for decades!

'Unique' doesn't necessarily mean 'good'. Xenoblade's world was just there, very static, with little to do outside of MMO grinding-style sidequests. I played WoW for years and it's the same slapdash style of construction. There isn't much realism in the enemy placement; there's just a pack of bears over here because 'it's the bear area,' etc. It felt too simple to me, with little history to it besides the very broad strokes. For instance where are the other several colonies? Why is there no trace of them when there's way older giant ruins just around. Generally I wasn't as impressed with the concept of robot planetoids, because it wasn't handled realistically and didn't really benefit the game outside of the clever skyboxes.

As for Zelda, Skyward Sword really shook my faith in the studio (either Kyoto or Tokyo EAD group 3). Twilight Princess was the last Zelda I would consider to be 'great' and that was nearly 9 years ago. I don't know Nintendo's inner workings and a huge amount of brain drain or decreased motivation could have happened since then. My greatest hope is that it's still the same, that talent is just present and the troubles with the motion control made Skyward Sword such an obviously rushed job. That they decided to push it out the door and immediately started development for Zelda U, giving it a nice, long 4 year development cycle with the most ambitious Zelda dev team ever to be that amazing 3D Zelda game.

But like I said; I'm too close to the issue. I'm aware that it's very possible that the Zelda dev team has just diminished and will continue to disappoint into the future.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

'Unique' doesn't necessarily mean 'good'. Xenoblade's world was just there, very static, with little to do outside of MMO grinding-style sidequests. I played WoW for years and it's the same slapdash style of construction. There isn't much realism in the enemy placement; there's just a pack of bears over here because 'it's the bear area,' etc. It felt too simple to me, with little history to it besides the very broad strokes. For instance where are the other several colonies? Why is there no trace of them when there's way older giant ruins just around. Generally I wasn't as impressed with the concept of robot planetoids, because it wasn't handled realistically and didn't really benefit the game outside of the clever skyboxes.

As for Zelda, Skyward Sword really shook my faith in the studio (either Kyoto or Tokyo EAD group 3). Twilight Princess was the last Zelda I would consider to be 'great' and that was nearly 9 years ago. I don't know Nintendo's inner workings and a huge amount of brain drain or decreased motivation could have happened since then. My greatest hope is that it's still the same, that talent is just present and the troubles with the motion control made Skyward Sword such an obviously rushed job. That they decided to push it out the door and immediately started development for Zelda U, giving it a nice, long 4 year development cycle with the most ambitious Zelda dev team ever to be that amazing 3D Zelda game.

But like I said; I'm too close to the issue. I'm aware that it's very possible that the Zelda dev team has just diminished and will continue to disappoint into the future.

Lol, no realism in the enemy placement?? You seem to have invented a criteria to judge a game that I've never even heard anyone else complain about. What else except random placement with some vague variation in difficulty and category based on the area could they actually do?
I can't entirely comment on how 'good' the world was because I didn't get round to finishing it the first time around and have been cautiously waiting the 3DS version.
And what about A Link Between Worlds? Phantom Hourglass? I haven't noticed any drop in the Zelda quality really. And the critical ratings don't seem to have either! Maybe it's just bad luck that those recent games didn't resonate with you? Do you prefer the more serious ones, is that what it is? Cos that's something I'm hoping for. Maybe a more mature and meaningful story this time around.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic