Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 4,371

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

This is "controversial" because a group of people on the internet have appointed themselves with the task of getting offended on behalf of other people who they see as marginalized. It's a little weird to see a bunch of men arguing over whether or not this is offensive to women.

Haha that's so true. That's one of the problems with political correctness as a concept. It's incredibly easy to exploit if you're a cynical manipulator and bully (and it works against you if you're a good honest person who just has a slightly different interpretation of a social problem).
I'm thinking of the people who jump on someone like Benedict Cumberbatch for accidentally saying "coloured people" instead of "people of colour", ignoring the fact that he said it in a context where he was actually campaigning for black actors. Those people who jump on something like that don't give a damn about the issues, they're just exploiting a flawed system in order to feel self-righteous and knock other people down a peg.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoyBoy

triforcepower73 wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

In response to your second concern: You're basing your expectations of the soundtrack on the Japanese presentation that aired a week or two ago. Keep in mind that just a week before that presentation, Takahashi said that the game would have a greater number of vocal songs than the typical RPG. I think that he wanted to support his statement by showcasing some of the songs, and as some on the internet have pointed out, one of the songs isn't even part of the OST, but from an album called Musica released back in 2009.
Just because the executive director said that the game will have more vocal songs than usual doesn't mean that they will be the majority. I'm guessing there will be about 10 songs at the most with lyrics and the other 80 will be instrumental.

Don't complain about the soundtrack until it's been released and we get an idea of the grand picture. I can definitely understand your concern about it, (especially since you're basing your judgement off of the presentation) because I didn't like every one of the songs in that presentation either. But I think that they're just trying to keep the soundtrack under wraps, just like the story of the game, so that they can blow our minds.

I'm not complaining about the soundtrack because obviously it is yet to be revealed. I thought he had said "majority" of the soundtracks, on which I based my concern in the first place. So no worries. That said, it's not weird to base my expectations on a presentation. The whole goal of the presentation is to enlighten people about the game and make them excited for it. I see quite some users on the forums here that base expectations on absolutely nothing. So I don't think I'm being unfair here...

Ok fair enough. But still, I think it's similar to being concerned about the story. We've gotten the basic premise of the story, but they've been clear that they don't want to reveal much about it since it can unfold in several different ways. And with the soundtrack, we've only heard like 5 or 6 songs. So I think they want to keep it pretty secret.

That makes sense. I am actually quite curious how long the soundtracks will be and how they'll be structured. The environments are way bigger now so you would almost assume the tracks will be longer too. You don't want that repeat sign coming up to soon when you're walking that many miles. On the other hand, there will probably be enough enemies to interrupt the music with battle tracks anyway

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

nacho_chicken

Operative wrote:

As long as there is music comparable to Mechonis Field or Beyond the Sky, I'll be satisfied. I hear the composer has quite the reputation, but since I've never watched AoT or Kill la Kill I don't know what to expect

From what I've heard so far from Hiroyuki Sawano's work on Xenoblade X, it's sounding a lot like his legendary Gundam Unicorn soundtrack.
I am more than OK with that.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Dezzy

Spanjard wrote:

I loved Xenoblade, so obviously they are many reasons for me to be excited about this game, and I am. However, they are 2 things that kind of lessen the excitement.

1. The main hub/los angeles town. It looks off-putting to me. It looks like GTA all over the place. Which brings me back to one of my first complaints with this game. Where is the freaking colour? I could spent hours playing Xenoblade and keep being inspired by the colorful worlds. This first town just looks too bland in that regard, too much strive for realistic environment it seems.

2. Majority of vocal tracks. I'm more of an "instrumental music" kind of person myself, which doesn't mean I dislike singing, I usually dislike it in media where music isn't the primary focus. For example, I always disliked some of those anime movies(DBZ) because some random rock band is singing stuff I couldn't care less about. It sounds akward and stupid to me.
To be clear, I wouldn't mind a lot of vocal tracks in this game, just no lyrics please. And I'm actually quite hopefull tbh, because one of the tracks I heard didn't have any.

I agree on both of those. Especially the music. Looks like they're doing a Final Fantasy. X-factor winners will be paying attention.

As for the town. They're obviously going for a more realistic world and they thought that would help create that kind of environment. Although I'm not sure how realistic it is that this "ark" that was meant to be used for human survival would have hollywood style mansions with swimming pools. They do seem to be bringing a kind of economic and political side to the city though, which is always good for making it feel real.

Nintendo_Ninja

I doubt we would be the villains of the game. It would be so... backwards. Speaking of the campaign, do you guys think that will be single player only with side quests for online? Or maybe it will be like Monster Hunter online. There seemed to be tons of quests on that progress grid of some sort.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Sleepingmudkip

I hope in this game the humans are nice to the environment and we dont try to exterminate or enslave the indigenous population.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Nintendo_Ninja

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I hope in this game the humans are nice to the environment and we dont try to exterminate or enslave the indigenous population.

You and me both.

Blast

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

All the humans have is New Los Angeles. They are trying to survive. But... I bet there will be corrupted humans.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dreamsleep

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

You and me both.

Gotta eat somehow, who wants to live on fruits and nuts. Ummm....

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Sleepingmudkip

Blast wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

All the humans have is New Los Angeles. They are trying to survive. But... I bet there will be corrupted humans.

I hope we get to kill the corrupted humans because the whole reason i liked the original game(Never played it but i'm watching chugga walkthrough and yes im planning on buying X) was because all the different races could come together in harmony creating a diverse environment so i hope the same is with this game.

@Dreamsleep We can farm the native animals just not exterminate them to extinction

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Jaz007

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

I doubt we would be the villains of the game. It would be so... backwards. Speaking of the campaign, do you guys think that will be single player only with side quests for online? Or maybe it will be like Monster Hunter online. There seemed to be tons of quests on that progress grid of some sort.

It would be sweet if we could choose to be villains though. Hopefully they'll let us do devious act.

Jaz007

Sleepingmudkip

@DiscoGentleman I 100% agree and relate to you

As i said before as long as i can create my boyfriend idc

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

TuVictus

DiscoGentleman wrote:

I feel like the last three or four pages has mainly just been people misunderstanding each other.

Also, I'm pro-boob slider. I'm just a gay dude, so I was hoping for something else for those who like men. I used the word "equivalent", but I should've thought thrice before writing that; I meant just something for the male characters. So, in addition to the boob edit (which does make sense, IMO), f they both had muscle edits, that'd be fine. If they both had butt edits, I'd be more than fine with that one.

I'm right there with you, sir. I suppose the closest we'll get is if there's armor like the boxers/tanning oil armor from the first game. (Shirtless in shorts)

TuVictus

Dezzy

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Do you really want stories that just reflect your personal preferences? That's really not conducive to good storytelling. You need conflict. Ideally conflict you care about. It's far better if your preferences are the potential outcome of the story rather than its premise.

Nintendo_Ninja

As I've said earlier, I really want mech customization.

Blast

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

As I've said earlier, I really want mech customization.

I bet we get to choose the paint color and other stuff. Amiibo will totally have a hand in that, too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

Tops wrote:

I hope the story is more than a "take care of the environment" tale (which I'm sure it will be). Otherwise it'll just turn into James Cameron's Avatar.

That did piss me off about Avatar. A technical marvel but an exercise in cliched storytelling. Big budget films and big budget games have both gone down the same alley when it comes to storytelling.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Tops wrote:

I hope the story is more than a "take care of the environment" tale (which I'm sure it will be). Otherwise it'll just turn into James Cameron's Avatar.

That did piss me off about Avatar. A technical marvel but an exercise in cliched storytelling. Big budget films and big budget games have both gone down the same alley when it comes to storytelling.

The Last of Us says hi; invalidating your entire argument made in generalizations.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

The Last of Us says hi; invalidating your entire argument made in generalizations.

It doesn't invalidate the argument at all. I meant it as a generalisation. Of course there are exceptions.

kkslider5552000

It should be pointed out that Last of Us had FPS issues that people I know couldn't tolerate until they improved the FPS by porting it to the PS4. And it being 60 FPS is the exception to the rule for the current king of hardcore expensive, graphically impressive gaming, entirely in an attempt to make an interactive medium more like movies by sacrificing a smoother gameplay experience.

And pointing out exceptions is irrelevant when a mountain of games crushes that argument.

and remember kids, I'm the one whose frequently nice to AAA games. And even I find the current high budget focus ridiculous. Too many people can get involved with that budget sometimes, too many people who care about money over quality.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic