Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 4,371

Blast

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Blast wrote:

Who exactly are the bad guys????

I dont think they ever said.

In one of the trailers, a bad guy screams that humanity should be wiped out but we don't see his face... Lol

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nintendo_Ninja

Blast wrote:

Who exactly are the bad guys????

Hard to say. I guess the native creatures? They also showed intelligent alien life, which might be evil.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nintendo_Ninja

TheLilK98 wrote:

That Japanese "direct" showed the party facing off with some goons with guns at the end. I assume they're part of GROWTH.

Part of what?

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

TheLilK98

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

That Japanese "direct" showed the party facing off with some goons with guns at the end. I assume they're part of GROWTH.

Part of what?

The aliens that destroyed earth in the backstory. Have you seen that story trailer from last year's e3? If not I can link it.

Edited on by TheLilK98

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

TuVictus

I showed FF15 to my bf today, and he expressed disappointment in how it looks. At least, how the characters all look the same and seemingly do nothing but drive in a 20th century-looking car.

Then I showed him XCX and he was much much more impressed. I think this game is going to be much higher rated than the next Final Fantasy

TuVictus

MsJubilee

TheLilK98 wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Part of what?

The aliens that destroyed earth in the backstory. Have you seen that story trailer from last year's e3? If not I can link it.

I'm just going to take a guess here and say were the villains in this game.And the aliens are the good people just trying to defend there homeland.Or i don't know something like that,it would be nice if they did that again.Just like they did in Xenoblade Chronicles

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

Operative wrote:

I showed FF15 to my bf today, and he expressed disappointment in how it looks. At least, how the characters all look the same and seemingly do nothing but drive in a 20th century-looking car.

Then I showed him XCX and he was much much more impressed. I think this game is going to be much higher rated than the next Final Fantasy

Ironically... XCX is created by ex Square Enix developers. Lol FF XV doesn't look that bad. Its just having identity issues.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Its BLADE vs GROWTH. Cross is in BLADE while the bad guys are in GROWTH.

Master of the Hype Train

TheLilK98

midnafanboy wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Part of what?

I'm just going to take a guess here and say were the villains in this game.And the aliens are the good people just trying to defend there homeland.Or i don't know something like that,it would be nice if they did that again.Just like they did in Xenoblade Chronicles

That's...almost exactly the opposite. From what's been shown anyway.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

MsJubilee

TheLilK98 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Part of what?

That's...almost exactly the opposite. From what's been shown anyway.

Oh i'm going to be right with my guess!I can feel it!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JoyBoy

I loved Xenoblade, so obviously they are many reasons for me to be excited about this game, and I am. However, they are 2 things that kind of lessen the excitement.

1. The main hub/los angeles town. It looks off-putting to me. It looks like GTA all over the place. Which brings me back to one of my first complaints with this game. Where is the freaking colour? I could spent hours playing Xenoblade and keep being inspired by the colorful worlds. This first town just looks too bland in that regard, too much strive for realistic environment it seems.

2. Majority of vocal tracks. I'm more of an "instrumental music" kind of person myself, which doesn't mean I dislike singing, I usually dislike it in media where music isn't the primary focus. For example, I always disliked some of those anime movies(DBZ) because some random rock band is singing stuff I couldn't care less about. It sounds akward and stupid to me.
To be clear, I wouldn't mind a lot of vocal tracks in this game, just no lyrics please. And I'm actually quite hopefull tbh, because one of the tracks I heard didn't have any.

I love all the other aspects this game seems to have though, including the boobslider...

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

And here we see a prime example of misusing statistics. The implicit assumptions being here being that men all want hawt vidja game boob bars, which is far from the truth. Just because 70-something percent of console gamers are male doesn't mean a corresponding percentage of games should be Lolipop Chainsaw.

And how is there 'always' a breast slider in Japanese character creators? I haven't played any Japanese or Korean MMOs, but I just got Monster Hunter 4 U yesterday and my female customizable character had no such sex-appeal-setting.

You reading into some imagined implicit suggestions where there was none to be found isn't an example of "misusing" statistics. The knee-jerk reaction was unneeded. This is "controversial" because a group of people on the internet have appointed themselves with the task of getting offended on behalf of other people who they see as marginalized. It's a little weird to see a bunch of men arguing over whether or not this is offensive to women.

And yeah, these editors usually appear in MMOs, where character customization is a big thing.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

And here we see a prime example of misusing statistics. The implicit assumptions being here being that men all want hawt vidja game boob bars, which is far from the truth. Just because 70-something percent of console gamers are male doesn't mean a corresponding percentage of games should be Lolipop Chainsaw.

And how is there 'always' a breast slider in Japanese character creators? I haven't played any Japanese or Korean MMOs, but I just got Monster Hunter 4 U yesterday and my female customizable character had no such sex-appeal-setting.

You reading into some imagined implicit suggestions where there was none to be found isn't an example of "misusing" statistics. The knee-jerk reaction was unneeded. This is "controversial" because a group of people on the internet have appointed themselves with the task of getting offended on behalf of other people who they see as marginalized. It's a little weird to see a bunch of men arguing over whether or not this is offensive to women.

And yeah, these editors usually appear in MMOs, where character customization is a big thing.

Women aren't 'marginalized', stigmatized, sure, but you can't marginalize half the population. Also, men can be feminists just as easily, if not easier, than women can. And I'm not getting offended for someone else's sake, hell, I'm not even 'offended' in the strict sense of the word, nor am I knee-jerk-reacting to anything. If you read my original post again you'd see that I took issue with the assumption your stats and the whole boob slider thing seemed to imply; that male gamers need to see boobs to want to play X game (heh, X...). I'm simply pointing out a silly double standard.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

If you read my original post again you'd see that I took issue with the assumption your stats and the whole boob slider thing seemed to imply; that male gamers need to see boobs to want to play X game (heh, X...). I'm simply pointing out a silly double standard.

What double standard is that?

I posted statistics to show why a developer might implement a feature designed appeal to a male audience. That reason being, yeah, the audience is male. Market analysis is a real thing that publishers invest in, and in a market where "oppai" is practically a subgenre, it's not hard to see where that analysis might point, even for a conservative company like Nintendo.

I certainly see how others would interpret that way, but I'm not even really seeing this slider option as sex appeal. It's more just... anatomical, I guess. Like, chest size varies greatly between women and has a significant impact on overall body shape, and it's not necessarily sexist to admit it, no more than it would be to admit that muscle mass has a significant impact on a man's body shape.

Shame though that it appears like the body size editor for both genders is limited to height. They get a little thicker as they get taller, but only to keep proportion with height. I would appreciate options for bulk.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

triforcepower73

Spanjard wrote:

I loved Xenoblade, so obviously they are many reasons for me to be excited about this game, and I am. However, they are 2 things that kind of lessen the excitement.

1. The main hub/los angeles town. It looks off-putting to me. It looks like GTA all over the place. Which brings me back to one of my first complaints with this game. Where is the freaking colour? I could spent hours playing Xenoblade and keep being inspired by the colorful worlds. This first town just looks too bland in that regard, too much strive for realistic environment it seems.

2. Majority of vocal tracks. I'm more of an "instrumental music" kind of person myself, which doesn't mean I dislike singing, I usually dislike it in media where music isn't the primary focus. For example, I always disliked some of those anime movies(DBZ) because some random rock band is singing stuff I couldn't care less about. It sounds akward and stupid to me.
To be clear, I wouldn't mind a lot of vocal tracks in this game, just no lyrics please. And I'm actually quite hopefull tbh, because one of the tracks I heard didn't have any.

I love all the other aspects this game seems to have though, including the boobslider...

In response to your first concern: It seems like people never complain about variety of color, but then they complain about variety of different places having different color palletes. Look at an Amazonian jungle and of course there's going to be plenty of color. But then take a look at downtown Detroit during the day, and it doesn't really look all that different from NLA. (Sure the trees in Detroit might be a little greener but who cares). It's great to have such contrast between the "bland" city environments and the lush, green fields outside of it.
You say you loved XC and you could spend hours playing it and keep being inspired by the colorful worlds, but why not compare the "dull" NLA to the brown Colony 6? Both games have a variety of lush environments and more industrial, grey/brown areas.

In response to your second concern: You're basing your expectations of the soundtrack on the Japanese presentation that aired a week or two ago. Keep in mind that just a week before that presentation, Takahashi said that the game would have a greater number of vocal songs than the typical RPG. I think that he wanted to support his statement by showcasing some of the songs, and as some on the internet have pointed out, one of the songs isn't even part of the OST, but from an album called Musica released back in 2009.
Just because the executive director said that the game will have more vocal songs than usual doesn't mean that they will be the majority. I'm guessing there will be about 10 songs at the most with lyrics and the other 80 will be instrumental.

Don't complain about the soundtrack until it's been released and we get an idea of the grand picture. I can definitely understand your concern about it, (especially since you're basing your judgement off of the presentation) because I didn't like every one of the songs in that presentation either. But I think that they're just trying to keep the soundtrack under wraps, just like the story of the game, so that they can blow our minds.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Blast

Just a short demo that focused just on creating our own Cross would make me cry tears of joy.

Master of the Hype Train

JoyBoy

triforcepower73 wrote:

In response to your second concern: You're basing your expectations of the soundtrack on the Japanese presentation that aired a week or two ago. Keep in mind that just a week before that presentation, Takahashi said that the game would have a greater number of vocal songs than the typical RPG. I think that he wanted to support his statement by showcasing some of the songs, and as some on the internet have pointed out, one of the songs isn't even part of the OST, but from an album called Musica released back in 2009.
Just because the executive director said that the game will have more vocal songs than usual doesn't mean that they will be the majority. I'm guessing there will be about 10 songs at the most with lyrics and the other 80 will be instrumental.

Don't complain about the soundtrack until it's been released and we get an idea of the grand picture. I can definitely understand your concern about it, (especially since you're basing your judgement off of the presentation) because I didn't like every one of the songs in that presentation either. But I think that they're just trying to keep the soundtrack under wraps, just like the story of the game, so that they can blow our minds.

I'm not complaining about the soundtrack because obviously it is yet to be revealed. I thought he had said "majority" of the soundtracks, on which I based my concern in the first place. So no worries. That said, it's not weird to base my expectations on a presentation. The whole goal of the presentation is to enlighten people about the game and make them excited for it. I see quite some users on the forums here that base expectations on absolutely nothing. So I don't think I'm being unfair here...

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

triforcepower73

Spanjard wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

I'm not complaining about the soundtrack because obviously it is yet to be revealed. I thought he had said "majority" of the soundtracks, on which I based my concern in the first place. So no worries. That said, it's not weird to base my expectations on a presentation. The whole goal of the presentation is to enlighten people about the game and make them excited for it. I see quite some users on the forums here that base expectations on absolutely nothing. So I don't think I'm being unfair here...

Ok fair enough. But still, I think it's similar to being concerned about the story. We've gotten the basic premise of the story, but they've been clear that they don't want to reveal much about it since it can unfold in several different ways. And with the soundtrack, we've only heard like 5 or 6 songs. So I think they want to keep it pretty secret.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

TuVictus

As long as there is music comparable to Mechonis Field or Beyond the Sky, I'll be satisfied. I hear the composer has quite the reputation, but since I've never watched AoT or Kill la Kill I don't know what to expect

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic