Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Pro Controller discussion

Showing 1 to 20 of 143

AuthorMessage
Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589

1. Posted:

So I'm eventually going to purchase a Wii U Pro Controller. Can it play ALL or SOME Wii U eShop games/VC games on the Wii U? I know it can NOT be used with Original Wii-related games.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage
Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589

2. Posted:

Also anyone card to make a list of compatible games that CAN use the Wii U Pro Controller?

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage
SCAR

SCAR

3. Posted:

Just look on the shop and see for youself. It says what games are compatible with the Wii U pro controller in the game description. It can play ALL VC games and MOST retail downloads.

EDIT: I always use the GamePad for single player. The only time Pro controllers get used for me is during multiplayer.

Edited on by SCAR

$¢@®

AuthorMessage
AaronB

AaronB

4. Posted:

I'm thinking of getting one mainly to reduce wear and tear on the GamePad. I think they cost $140 to replace currently, and I won't be a happy camper if I wear mine out in a few years and need to replace it. Hopefully when they start selling them separately, the price will have come down and maybe get bundled with a game for $100 or less.

AaronB

AuthorMessage
Discostew

Discostew

5. Posted:

Just make sure you are getting it to play Wii U VC, not Wii VC, as it is not compatible in Wii mode.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589

6. Posted:

Yes I'm already aware of that. I DO have a Wii Classic Controller Pro which I can use with Original Wii VC games.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage
Cesco

Cesco

7. Posted:

I have the pro controller and an european Wii U console and I can confirm that punch out is working with the controller. I never tried Baloon fight and F-Zero with it but I think that they should work either

Cesco

AuthorMessage
iphys

iphys

8. Posted:

I use the Pro for Zen Pinball 2, so I don't have a GamePad screen distracting my vision toward my lap, and also I set the GamePad up right below my monitor, so I can easily see how many balls I have remaining. It's more comfortable to use the Pro because it's lighter, and it does make me feel better that I'm not putting wear and tear on my GamePad buttons. I've heard it should work with all VC from the Wii U eShop, and also Nano Assault Neo, although I haven't used it for anything other than Zen so far.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage
Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear

9. Posted:

iphys wrote:

I use the Pro for Zen Pinball 2, so I don't have a GamePad screen distracting my vision toward my lap, and also I set the GamePad up right below my monitor, so I can easily see how many balls I have remaining. It's more comfortable to use the Pro because it's lighter, and it does make me feel better that I'm not putting wear and tear on my GamePad buttons.

I do the exact same thing. I feel like I get a bit better leverage on the L and R buttons that way, yet I still have use of the GamePad screen. The GamePad stand is handy for this use.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

AuthorMessage
Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589

10. Posted:

I think it's a long shot, but i hope in a future update, Nintendo makes Original Wii games that are compatible with the Wii Classic Controller compatible with the Wii U Pro Controller. I don't like to sit in a chair with my legs crossed and having the Wii Remote that's connected to the Wii Classic Controller Pro that i have, sitting on my lap. I don't know, it's just a comfort feeling, I guess.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage
Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589

11. Posted:

I also plan on getting the controller either today or tomorrow. Just thought i say that....

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage
cornishlee

cornishlee

12. Posted:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

I think it's a long shot, but i hope in a future update, Nintendo makes Original Wii games that are compatible with the Wii Classic Controller compatible with the Wii U Pro Controller.

Certainly not going to happen while Wii games run in a separate emulator.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage
WebHead

WebHead

13. Posted:

I definitely want one of these. The walmart closest to me is selling white pro controllers for $40.

Seems like a great controller despite lack of a headphone jack.

WebHead

Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Discostew

Discostew

14. Posted:

cornishlee wrote:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

I think it's a long shot, but i hope in a future update, Nintendo makes Original Wii games that are compatible with the Wii Classic Controller compatible with the Wii U Pro Controller.

Certainly not going to happen while Wii games run in a separate emulator.

But Wii games aren't running under an emulator. The hardware resets itself to use a configuration that is needed by the Wii mode OS to operate. The Wii U Pro controller is just another controller type that uses Bluetooth like the Wiimote. The hardware is already there. All that's really needed are drivers/software to recognize it and map the controls.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
iphys

iphys

15. Posted:

If they want to sell more of these $50 controllers, they should try to make them compatible with as many games as possible, so I don't understand why they haven't tried to make them compatible with Wii mode. Right now I own one and don't plan to own more considering the expensive price and how few games you can actually use them for. I feel like there's no way these should cost so much more than a Classic controller or even a Wiimote.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage
willobee

willobee

16. Posted:

Yeah they are definitely a bit pricey, despite being relatively simple. But I must say my pro controller is fantastic. Super comfy, and I've only ever charged it once when I first got it in December, and after tons of us, it still has two of four battery bars left. Fantastic

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
cornishlee

cornishlee

17. Posted:

iphys wrote:

there's no way these should cost so much more than... a Wiimote.

They cost less than a Wiimote+ in the UK. £32.99 v. £39.99

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage
MAN1AC

MAN1AC

18. Posted:

iphys wrote:

If they want to sell more of these $50 controllers, they should try to make them compatible with as many games as possible, so I don't understand why they haven't tried to make them compatible with Wii mode. Right now I own one and don't plan to own more considering the expensive price and how few games you can actually use them for. I feel like there's no way these should cost so much more than a Classic controller or even a Wiimote.

It's a new controller though. It wouldn't make sense for them to be the same price as last gen's controller.
They're $45 on Amazon right now which isnt too bad.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage
Big_L91

Big_L91

19. Posted:

ive seen them £30 in a few shops. i think it was a sale price mind. wish id bought one but even £30 seems alot at the moment to spend on something i cant play lol.

put it on.

AuthorMessage
iphys

iphys

20. Posted:

I'd say it was fair for them to cost more than a last gen controller if the price had ever gone down on the Wiimotes, but those are still $40-45. Pretty hard to compare the relative value, since they're so different, but there's no way I believe these controllers are worth anywhere near $50. They could probably be selling them for $20 and still be making a nice profit, so I think they're just pricing them insanely high to make up for the lack of profit they get on the systems.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh