Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Premium Edition does not look that great of a deal anymore (UK at least)

Showing 1 to 20 of 22

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

1. Posted:

Before I begin this is only my personal opinion on the matter and who knows it might help out a few people.

Here in the UK the Wii U Premium pack (one with Nintendo Land) is £299.99 and the Basic is £249.99. I all ready have the ZombiU pack put away for me for Christmas. But if I had known about this I would of went with the White Basic.

Zavvi and TheHut are both selling the basic pack with a free game ( Tekken or Epic Mickey or Just Dance 4 or Rabbids Land or Avengers) for £249.99. That is £50 cheaper than the Premium right. Plus you can now buy the official charging cradle and stand for under £16 so for the basic + cradles it will be about £265. That makes the basic £35 cheaper than the premium. So all you are missing out on from the Premium pack is the extra few gigabytes. Nintendo Land, Nintendo Network Premium and the console is black. Link to Cradle and Stand http://www.shopto.net/wiiu/WIIUAC03-wii-u-gamepad-cradle-and-...

So if I was sitting here right now wanting to buy a Wii U. I would go for the basic with free game and charging cradle. As again in my opinion I rather have a White console than the Black one as I hate finger prints. I also don't like the look of Nintendo Land and I don't download games so the nintendo network would be useless to me. Plus I rather have Tekken over Nintendo Land. Plus I all ready have a 120gb portable hard drive sitting here so the extra few gigabytes is noting to me.

If you need the extra gigabytes with the £35 you saved you could spend that on a portable hard drive like this one. http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/30388656/626040185/SONNICS-120G...

You would then still have £9 change.

So if you want a white wii but you don't want nintendo lands but you want the charging cradle and more gigabytes then the suggestion might be best for you.

Wii U 8gb Basic
Cradle and Stand
Game (out of the list above)
120gb Hard drive

Total: £291.83

Wii U Black 32Gb Premium
Cradle and Stand
Nintendo Land Game
Nintendo Network Premium

Total: £299.99

Edited on by ocelot20

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

2. Posted:

I guess. The Deluxe Promo will pay for more than £9 worth of content, even if it is an extra 9 to get the dlc games, in the long run. I'm going all digital if I can on my console, and already having a 120gb ext. HDD is just lucky for you. I went out today and bought a 2TB Toshiba for $105 about including tax. That's already making the Wii U for me cost $800. If you're gonna get Nintendo Land regardless, it doesn't matter what game comes with the bundle, you're still gonna buy it. Everyone mainly wants Nintendo Land, and only chose white because they like that better than black. Just be happy with what you got, but get what you can besides that I guess... Didn't you get your Wii U free because it's a gift anyway?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

3. Posted:

The black Wii U has a little more than a few gigs than the white. It will be much more worth it in the long run. Especially if you download titles often.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

4. Posted:

I bought it simply because of the eshop promo

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

5. Posted:

Lan wrote:

I bought it simply because of the eshop promo

I read about that multiple times now and I still don't understand it...

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

6. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Lan wrote:

I bought it simply because of the eshop promo

I read about that multiple times now and I still don't understand it...

Download stuff off of eShop, go to Deluxe Digital Promo from Nintendo, get $5 codes for the eShop for every $50 spent. You get 10% back from that $5 too.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

7. Posted:

What it is you get money back when you buy stuff from the eshop or something along them lines.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

8. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Didn't you get your Wii U free because it's a gift anyway?

Well yes I am. The only reason am getting the ZombIU bundle is because I found it for £299.99 (£50) less than what it was suppose to be and because ZombiU is the main game I want and it also comes with a pro controller.

What am getting at is if the ZombiU bundle was not £299.99 and I had a choice between the Wii U plus a better game and a hard drive or a premium bundle. I would of went for the basic with hard drive and game.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

9. Posted:

Does a pro controller even come with the basic set though? That's another £45 just for that, isn't it?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

10. Posted:

How do you know it's a better game if you haven't tried Nintendo Land yet? I can tell you that Nintendo Land is not meant to be judged by the screenshots or videos. You have to play it yourself to get the full experience. Also, I hope that hard drive is only gonna be used on the Wii U, because that's all it will be used for once it's formatted.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Banker-Style

11. Posted:

The only reason why I wanted the Premium package is that it included Nintendo Land,and considering that game is £45,I think the premium pack is a pretty decent price for what you get.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

12. Posted:

I have had a look at video's and Nintendo Land just does not appeal to me. The hard drive I have spare will be for the Wii U only.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion and I respect that. Don't get me wrong I still think the Premium pack is good value for money. But as I said for someone like me if I had not all ready gotten the ZombiU pack for a incredible price. I would of went for the white basic with tekken and a hard drive and cradles.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Scollurio

13. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

The black Wii U has a little more than a few gigs than the white. It will be much more worth it in the long run. Especially if you download titles often.

Well if you go full digital it will be full in no time and the difference really is little. The thing I am more concerned about is possible future OS-updates that might take a bigger bite off the internal memory as it gains new functions, thus you're safer with the 32 GB.

I visually prefer the white one though.

If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough...

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

14. Posted:

ocelot20 wrote:

I have had a look at video's and Nintendo Land just does not appeal to me. The hard drive I have spare will be for the Wii U only.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion and I respect that. Don't get me wrong I still think the Premium pack is good value for money. But as I said for someone like me if I had not all ready gotten the ZombiU pack for a incredible price. I would of went for the white basic with tekken and a hard drive and cradles.

Does the Pro controller come with the basic set?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

15. Posted:

I already got $5 back from DLing NSMBU, when I buy NG3 it'll be another $5 then 8 more games will get me a free WiiU retail game

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

16. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

ocelot20 wrote:

I have had a look at video's and Nintendo Land just does not appeal to me. The hard drive I have spare will be for the Wii U only.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion and I respect that. Don't get me wrong I still think the Premium pack is good value for money. But as I said for someone like me if I had not all ready gotten the ZombiU pack for a incredible price. I would of went for the white basic with tekken and a hard drive and cradles.

Does the Pro controller come with the basic set?

Nope am glad am getting the pro controller but it is not essential to me.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

17. Posted:

Ok. Well with the pro controller added to your list, you're actually ahead by £36, plus you still have the deluxe promo. Nintendo Land is really a fun game, double if you have people with Wii remotes to play with. I have two pro controllers for Sonic Transformed 5 player local, so I want the pro controllers. You're gonna have to get a pro controller if you plan on getting Smash Bros. anyway. That's 2 years or so away, but you'll have it... Pro controllers WILL be needed when it comes to big games that come out later, or even Sonic, Tekken, COD multiplayer, etc. that are out now. Or just sell it.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

18. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ok. Well with the pro controller added to your list, you're actually ahead by £36, plus you still have the deluxe promo. Nintendo Land is really a fun game, double if you have people with Wii remotes to play with. I have two pro controllers for Sonic Transformed 5 player local, so I want the pro controllers. You're gonna have to get a pro controller if you plan on getting Smash Bros. anyway. That's 2 years or so away, but you'll have it... Pro controllers WILL be needed when it comes to big games that come out later, or even Sonic, Tekken, COD multiplayer, etc. that are out now. Or just sell it.

I am happy I am getting a pro controller. I don't suppose you know if the wii wired pro controller works on the wii u? I know you will have to connect a wii motion controller to use it.

Also are the Wii U Pro controllers compatible with Wii games? I saw Super Smash Bros today for pretty cheap and I would not mind playing that on the Wii U thanks.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

19. Posted:

No I mean, get the pro controller for the Smash Bros. for Wii U that comes out in a couple years. There's alot of games that use it, but I only use it for multiple players that don't want to use the Wii remote(nunchuck), or classic tethered to the Wii remote. I prefer gamepad over the pro, but for multiple people that don't have the gamepad, it's the best option IMO.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WrongChops

20. Posted:

Zavvi and The Hut are cheap for a reason, their terrible customer service. I pre-ordered a basic from Zavvi (run by The Hut Group) on 18th September when they were listed for £230! Launch day comes, no WiiU. Email from Zavvi the next day saying its on 'special order' from their stockist but they don't know when they will have any more in stock. That's appalling stock management when I ordered my Wii U within 4 days of their listings going live. I ordered a Premium from Amazon after cancelling with Zavvi and it arrived within two days. I would never buy from Zavvi again even if they offered me a solid gold house with every order. They can't even fulfil the orders they already have and they give false information on delivery estimates.

WrongChops

Twitter: WrongChops