Forums

Topic: Why is no one buying the Wii U?

Posts 261 to 280 of 326

Ralek85

@Lobster Well I think we need a definition of what a "gamer" is. Your friend obviously never reads anything game related on the internet, which is kind of atypical for a "gamer", is it not ? I see your point where non-gamer partens are concerned. There is certainly a knowledge gap there, I can attest to that, just based on anecdotal evidence of course. No clue how far spread the problem is, Nintendo is doing market research I assume and are well aware of what's going on, I assume. If not ... well ...

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Ralek85

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

And THIS is why Nintendo is doomed >:[ Nintendo fans have to make clear where their true loyalties lie...or you'll be walking the plank! >:0

No, no and no. This is as much about loyalty as it about charity .... If you are posting here, thinking about Nintendo's fate, paying attention you care ... that's all Ninty can ask for. They have to do their part and convince us ... I mean srsly OO

Edited on by Ralek85

Chrono_Cross

that's all Ninty can ask for.

Nintendo is not a religion.

It does not ask you to confess your sins, to believe in its existence and expect loyalty.

It's a business. A popular, hairy business that lives off of money. Nothing more, nothing less. Your loyalty and pride behind the company is irrelevant to its staff and decisions. It does not care about you in any way, shape or form.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Ralek85

@Chrono_Cross Whoa who said anything about religion. Why would you bring that into it ?
Like I said all they can expect from us is being willing to listen .. considering the variety of digital entertainment in 2014 that is quite a lot as far as something akin to "loyality" is concerned. And yes since it is a business, it wants our money, but it has to make us want to give it to them ... that's the business part of it after all ^^
Err wrong Nintendo certainly expects "loyalty" their whole brand is build around it.

Edited on by Ralek85

Lobster

Ralek85 wrote:

@Lobster Well I think we need a definition of what a "gamer" is. Your friend obviously never reads anything game related on the internet, which is kind of atypical for a "gamer", is it not ? I see your point where non-gamer partens are concerned. There is certainly a knowledge gap there, I can attest to that, just based on anecdotal evidence of course. No clue how far spread the problem is, Nintendo is doing market research I assume and are well aware of what's going on, I assume. If not ... well ...

He owns two systems (Wii and 360), owns games, buys games (while doing research beforehand), plays games... I'd say that's a gamer. He likes my 3DS and wants one of his own. -shrug-

NNID: TheLobster
If you add me, please say you're from here. As a lady I have had some dudes friending me just to hit on me, which is uncool!

Twitter:

Ralek85

@Ralek85 Well like I said that is interesting. If he does research he probably ventures on gaming sites from time to time ... it's, truth to be told, hard to believe that he never even stumpled upon any article or news related to the WiiU in any way, shape or form, in like 1.5 years ... really curious.

Chrono_Cross

Ralek85 wrote:

@Chrono_Cross Whoa who said anything about religion. Why would you bring that into it ?

I'm not. Some fans go about the Nintendo brand as if it is, though.

Like I said all they can expect from us is being willing to listen ..

Listen to what, exactly?

Just for you.

Lobster

As far as "where my loyalties lie" they are clearly with Nintendo or I wouldn't have bought my Wii U at launch, have twenty physical disks for it and a ton more downloaded titles, and so on... I TELL people about the Wii U every chance I get. But let's be honest here: right this very second, it's not the best investment. In six months I personally think that won't be the case, I think it'll be second behind the PS4 and very worthy and selling like hotcakes, but THIS VERY MOMENT it doesn't have a lot to recommend it besides potential. It has some fun games and a cool gimmick, and that's it. I can't in good conscience tell my friend to saddle up the losing horse. He doesn't make a lot of money and can't afford multiple systems.

If you add me, please say you're from here. As a lady I have had some dudes friending me just to hit on me, which is uncool!

Twitter:

SkywardLink98

Lobster wrote:

Ralek85 wrote:

He owns two systems (Wii and 360), owns games, buys games (while doing research beforehand), plays games... I'd say that's a gamer. He likes my 3DS and wants one of his own. -shrug-

He is not a gamer if he owns anything other than a [insert company name here] device and if he likes [other company names] than he is a fake gamer who is a scourge on humanity who does not deserve to live! [/sarcasm]

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Lobster

Ralek85 wrote:

@Ralek85 Well like I said that is interesting. If he does research he probably ventures on gaming sites from time to time ... it's, truth to be told, hard to believe that he never even stumpled upon any article or news related to the WiiU in any way, shape or form, in like 1.5 years ... really curious.

For all I know he has and it's just not sticking in his brain because he's not seeing it ENOUGH, because it's certainly not everywhere. He does go online to look up product specs on the other two, because he knows they exist.

Twitter:

Ralek85

@Chrono_Cross Listen to their proposition why we should spent money on their products of course. And that is exactly the problem, most people are not listening .. they are either not aware they are being addressed or they ignore it, for what ever reason, but certainly prejudice factors into it strongly at this point.

Chrono_Cross

A company should not have to publicly preach to consumers to why its product is worthy.

That, from my perspective, is a desperate company that does not make quality products.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Ralek85

@Lobster I believe you, it is just very baffling to me. I mean just considering the amount of coverage the WiiU gets for all it's "doom and gloom" situation ... I'm just not confident as to how representative your friend may be.

Ralek85

Chrono_Cross wrote:

A company should not have to publicly peach to consumers to why its product is worthy.

That, from my perspective, is a desperate company that does not make quality products.

Yes, I agree. Advertisment should not be necessary in a rational marketplace with complete information. But it is an imperfect world ... and no such marketplace exists.

Edited on by Ralek85

Lobster

All I know was that my jaw about dropped through the floor when he asked me, "Nintendo has a new system too?" I was like, "You talk to ME all the time and you don't know that?! Where have I gone wrong with my life?" It seems obvious to me that if Sony and Microsoft have new systems then OF COURSE Nintendo has one by now too, you idiots, but I guess that thought hasn't occurred to people.

And that's why I think it's poor marketing. They need to just saturate the market the way the other two have. No more of this polite quiet nonsense. They have the games, by virtue of DUH, THEY HAVE A YEAR LEAD SO THEIR LIBRARY IS AMAZING NOW. They can actually weather these stupid droughts because any new users can't possibly play more than two or three games at a time. So if they just flood every conceivable space with ads, get the word out, become more annoying than Jehovah's Witnesses, then we'll be good to go, especially with Mario Kart out there.

Twitter:

Ralek85

@Lobster If your friend is indeed representative of a large percentage of the potential consumer base, you are certainly right. One person is just a very small sample to draw conclusions from, way too small in fact ^^. In some ways that would be good news, because it is easily fixed like you said. I'm not willing to buy into it yet though, not without some data to support it.

Lobster

Chrono_Cross wrote:

A company should not have to publicly peach to consumers to why its product is worthy.

That's completely ridiculous. Word of mouth can only get you so far. This isn't the 1700s or whenever there were only like two choices anyway and everybody spoke to everybody else face to face. Now there are a million choices and people tend to get their information from sources such as TV and computers, not other people. There are a glut of products for every application and who can say which one is the best? Just look at toothpaste.

Ralek85 wrote:

@Lobster If your friend is indeed representative of a large percentage of the potential consumer base, you are certainly right. One person is just a very small sample to draw conclusions from, way too small in fact ^^. In some ways that would be good news, because it is easily fixed like you said. I'm not willing to buy into it yet though, not without some data to support it.

That's true, he's not a good sample size. And locally the Wii U is selling OK, according to my GameStop's manager. Hitting that critical small town West Virginia market. But overall there is still a problem because I do think a lot of casuals and soccer moms and what have you - the Wii's target audience - have moved on, and don't know it's out, but by God you can bet they know Sony and Microsoft have new consoles, because dead people know Sony and Microsoft have new consoles. It SHOULD be the same for the Wii U.

Edited on by Lobster

Twitter:

JoeyTS

Everyone would buy the Wii u if it was made my Microsoft or Sony :3

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

Lobster

Everyone would know about the Wii U if it was made by Microsoft or Sony.

But it wouldn't be the Wii U because it wouldn't be clever and innovative! (Yeah, I went there. XD)

Twitter:

JoeyTS

Lobster wrote:

Everyone would know about the Wii U if it was made by Microsoft or Sony.

But it wouldn't be the Wii U because it wouldn't be clever and innovative! (Yeah, I went there. XD)

Good Point :3

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.