Wii U Forum

Topic: What will come after the Wii U?

Showing 41 to 60 of 153

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

41. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Nintendo would never sell out and even if they did it would ONLY be if it was their only way to succeed. Also, if Nintendo were dying, any company would LOVE to grab them for the rights to all their games.

It doesn't have to be 'selling out'.

Companies exist as separate divisions of other companies all the time. I'm not sure why mostly everyone thinks Nintendo's HQ would be leveled and everything would change. A lot of times people don't even realize certain companies have been bought out.

It would more or less be a way more Apple and Nintendo to share their consumer base and improve upon each others product, something that fits right into Nintendo's strategy.

There isn't all this pride and stuff keeping this from happening, it's a bunch of legal stuff. Everyone has this perception of Nintendo being a very proud, traditional company. They're not, they're the same as every other business. Always looking for the next best way to make money.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

42. Posted:

@AlexSays, as much as you'd love Apple to buy out Nintendo, that's the last thing I'd consider to happen. Its just not plausible.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

43. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@AlexSays, as much as you'd love Apple to buy out Nintendo, that's the last thing I'd consider to happen. Its just not plausible.

...He's stated that's it not plausible twice now. :P

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

44. Posted:

And I never said I wanted it to happen. I said I think they'd benefit.

The reading comprehension on this site is nothing to brag about. lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

45. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

It doesn't have to be 'selling out'.

Companies exist as separate divisions of other companies all the time. I'm not sure why mostly everyone thinks Nintendo's HQ would be leveled and everything would change. A lot of times people don't even realize certain companies have been bought out.

I'm well aware of the situation and by no means expected Nintendo HQ to be leveled just because Apple bought them. But like I said, I don't believe Nintendo would allow themselves to be bought unless they were going down. Hence the phrase "selling out."

AlexSays wrote:

It would more or less be a way more Apple and Nintendo to share their consumer base and improve upon each others product, something that fits right into Nintendo's strategy.

I don't see how that fits into Nintendo's strategy at all. Nintendo is in the business of making video game systems and video games. That is all. If Apple and Nintendo were to join together, then screw everything that Nintendo has worked on for their own systems as their games would be available for everything Apple makes. How would that benefit Nintendo at all? I just don't see it as something Nintendo would do. Do you know about the whole Nintendo / Sony thing?

AlexSays wrote:

There isn't all this pride and stuff keeping this from happening, it's a bunch of legal stuff. Everyone has this perception of Nintendo being a very proud, traditional company. They're not, they're the same as every other business. Always looking for the next best way to make money.

You really think that Nintendo doesn't have pride? Yes, they are a business and must act as such in order to survive. But doesn't the fact that the company is ran by a game developer and not a business man tell you anything?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

46. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

I'm well aware of the situation and by no means expected Nintendo HQ to be leveled just because Apple bought them. But like I said, I don't believe Nintendo would allow themselves to be bought unless they were going down. Hence the phrase "selling out."

That's great

Fortunately I came into this knowing not everyone would share my belief

How would that benefit Nintendo at all? I just don't see it as something Nintendo would do.

Already explained this. As well as someone else.

And that's great that you don't. Again this is discussion largely based on conjecture, I don't expect everyone to reach a consensus. Neither do I care what everyone else thinks, it's not going to change my idea of this hypothetical outcome.

Do you know about the whole Nintendo / Sony thing?

I know everything my friend. It's a gift and a curse

And that has nothing to do with this. Apples and monkeys you have there.

You really think that Nintendo doesn't have pride? Yes, they are a business and must act as such in order to survive. But doesn't the fact that the company is ran by a game developer and not a business man tell you anything?

No that doesn't tell me anything, they enjoy money just the same

Again not something I care to convince anyone about. A lot of people have a nice grandfather-esque perception of Nintendo that I don't care to ruin. There's just a common theme that reoccurs throughout history: everyone has a price.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

47. Posted:

The only reason it's not "plausible" is Apple's traditional distaste for large acquisitions and gaming. Those were both as a consequence of Steve Jobs. He's gone now, and Tim Cook is more pragmatic. It's now plausible, if unlikely.

I'm well aware of the situation and by no means expected Nintendo HQ to be leveled just because Apple bought them. But like I said, I don't believe Nintendo would allow themselves to be bought unless they were going down. Hence the phrase "selling out."

Why do you believe that? Because you like Nintendo? Do you have Iwata's number on speed dial and inner knowledge of his mind?

Fans (Nintendo, Sony, Apple, Microsoft, Enron), often forget that a corporation's responsibilities lie to its shareholders. Or, in other words, the shareholders own the company. Acting in the best interests of those shareholders would be to sell the company to Apple. Apple can do far more to build shareholder value for a company like Nintendo than Nintendo can do itself.

What's holdring Nintendo off selling itself is likely the fear of reputational damage.

I don't see how that fits into Nintendo's strategy at all. Nintendo is in the business of making video game systems and video games. That is all. If Apple and Nintendo were to join together, then screw everything that Nintendo has worked on for their own systems as their games would be available for everything Apple makes. How would that benefit Nintendo at all? I just don't see it as something Nintendo would do. Do you know about the whole Nintendo / Sony thing?

Nintendo would still be making video game stuff under Apple? Likely Nintendo's R & D facilities would be put to work intergrating gaming-specific technology into Apple products (Bluetooth controller, for instance). The software teams would be making games for those platforms. Nothing, not a single thing, would actually change.

Every company Apple has acquired has continued to do exactly the same thing it was doing before. Apple acquires for the technology, not for the IP, so it doesn't tend to butcher up companies once bought.

You really think that Nintendo doesn't have pride? Yes, they are a business and must act as such in order to survive. But doesn't the fact that the company is ran by a game developer and not a business man tell you anything?

No. It doesn't tell you anything, other than that the CEO of the business should know a lot about the industry.

Furthermore, the CEO of a company isn't the most important person when it comes to M & A. Iwata answers to a board and shareholders. They're the ones that make these decisions.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

48. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

doesn't the fact that the company is ran by a game developer and not a business man tell you anything?

No that doesn't tell me anything

Well, then. I'm done having this discussion with you. Good day, sir.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drawdler

49. Posted:

Apple would love to see Ninty, probably their biggest gaming rival, suffering... They aren't going to go up and offer $40 billion to them. I do admit I'd love to see Nintendo get the strongest hardware, but as long as they continue to sell well, it won't matter because they aren't going anywhere soon. Besides, Apple would probably nerf their games quality to hell.

Edited on by Drawdler

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

50. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Why do you believe that? Because you like Nintendo? Do you have Iwata's number on speed dial and inner knowledge of his mind?

I'm basing it off things he had said publicly throughout the years. I don't need to speak to him personally or read his mind.

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Fans (Nintendo, Sony, Apple, Microsoft, Enron), often forget that a corporation's responsibilities lie to its shareholders. Or, in other words, the shareholders own the company. Acting in the best interests of those shareholders would be to sell the company to Apple. Apple can do far more to build shareholder value for a company like Nintendo than Nintendo can do itself.

If Nintendo were that money hungry they would have given in to Sony. Instead, they took the fall and created a monster in the process all due to the fact that they didn't want someone else to have the rights to all their stuff.

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Nintendo would still be making video game stuff under Apple? Likely Nintendo's R & D facilities would be put to work intergrating gaming-specific technology into Apple products (Bluetooth controller, for instance). The software teams would be making games for those platforms. Nothing, not a single thing, would actually change.

You're saying that Nintendo's games on Apple products would not change a thing? That is outright hilarious.

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

No. It doesn't tell you anything, other than that the CEO of the business should know a lot about the industry.

Well, it tells me that games and gamers mean more to him than they would a businessman. He would remain more loyal to the games and gamers whereas a business man would be more loyal to the money.

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Furthermore, the CEO of a company isn't the most important person when it comes to M & A. Iwata answers to a board and shareholders. They're the ones that make these decisions.

That still doesn't change who Iwata is as a person, only what position he is in.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

51. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

Apple would love to see Ninty, probably their biggest gaming rival, suffering... They aren't going to go up and offer $40 billion to them. I do admit I'd love to see Nintendo get the strongest hardware, but as long as they continue to sell well, it won't matter because they aren't going anywhere soon. Besides, Apple would probably nerf their games quality to hell.

What else does Apple do that isn't quality, exactly? :P

That's pretty much Apple's entire reputation, there - quality goods that a few billion people are willing to pay more for.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

52. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

1.) Apple would love to see Ninty, probably their biggest gaming rival, suffering... 2.) They aren't going to go up and offer $40 billion to them. I do admit I'd love to see Nintendo get the strongest hardware, but 3.) as long as they continue to sell well, it won't matter because they aren't going anywhere soon. 4.) Besides, Apple would probably nerf their games quality to hell.

What evidence do you have for any of those assertions?

I don't think Apple is in a position to want anyone to suffer. They're doing just fine. They have plenty of money to purchase almost anything. Successful companies are purchased all the time. And there are arguably more high quality games on Apple platforms than on Nintendo's, why would you assume there to be a negative effect on Nintendo's quality?

As if Nintendo is just releasing a ton of high quality products all the time... lol

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

53. Posted:

How is nintendos apples biggest rival. Wouldnt thay be microsoft or google. Nintendo is barley a blimp on the radr.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

54. Posted:

Furthermore, the CEO of a company isn't the most important person when it comes to M & A. Iwata answers to a board and shareholders. They're the ones that make these decisions.

yeh and it seems he's answer so far... Oh wait :D

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

55. Posted:

Yeah I don't think Apple really has a large rival..

If I recall correctly, Apple is worth somewhere in the ballpark of $550 billion and Nintendo is worth around $3 billion.

Yeah guys, there is no way Nintendo could benefit from a company that is over a hundred times more successful... lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

56. Posted:

@Sony_70 What about Sony? Did you know that one point in time, when the Wii launched, Nintendo had more money that Sony? The company that OWNS playstation?

Want proof?
http://seekingalpha.com/article/41781-nintendo-sets-another-n...

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

57. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Yeah I don't think Apple really has a large rival..

If I recall correctly, Apple is worth somewhere in the ballpark of $550 billion and Nintendo is worth around $3 billion.

Yeah guys, there is no way Nintendo could benefit from a company that is over a hundred times more successful... lol

[/div]

But I bet they arnt greedy, and can also see the flaws of joining such a successful company.
IDK the flaws, but there are probably flaws and Nintendo probably sees them and is uninterested in getting involved with those said flaws

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

58. Posted:

Your point is what. Sony monetary woes are well documented.

So is this thread worth reading through?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

59. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

What about Sony? Did you know that one point in time, when the Wii launched, Nintendo had more money that Sony? The company that OWNS playstation?

Larger in Japan, not in the world. lol

And again so irrelevant..

Last year Apple cleared $33 billion in after-tax profits. It sits on close to $100 billion in cash with no debt.

lmao. Yeah I bet Nintendo wants no part of that.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

60. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

What about Sony? Did you know that one point in time, when the Wii launched, Nintendo had more money that Sony? The company that OWNS playstation?

Larger in Japan, not in the world. lol

And again so irrelevant..

I'm not happy with you, sir.
I was merely stating that Sony and Nintendo could be considered rivals. Even if it's just in their home countries.

But, whatever, you guys have your weird discussions about apple and nintendo.

Also... "irrelevant"?! From the guy who derailed this thread into a discussion about apple acquiring Nintendo...

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Sorry, this topic has been locked.