Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,761

Octane

I hope they were wrong.. Hero mode is a good addition, so I'm looking forward to that.

Octane

WebHead

If the Amiibo indeed unlocks a new dungeon and shares data with Zelda u, than that could likely mean Zelda u is in the same timeline as TP.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

jariw

Octane wrote:

I have no interest in amiibo. If they offered this as €5 DLC, everyone would complain, because ''why not include it in the game in the first place?'' But now, when there's a €15 amiibo paywall, it's all fine. I have no interest in amiibo, and buying one is just a waste of plastic and money. €15 for an extra cave is just ridiculous. I didn't mind the amiibo in previous games, because they were just little bonusses or costumes that didn't alter the game in any way. But locking an area behind a paywall is a pretty big deal. At least offer the content as regular DLC if you want to include extra stuff in TPHD (and even then people have the right to complain about it), but don't force people to buy toys they aren't interested in.

If they would offer this as €5 DLC, it would get complaints for being the most overpriced DLC ever. Anything above €1 wouldn't be proportional to the gameplay value. In the scope of the full game, this would be a little extra thing.

jariw

Octane

@jariw: At €15, it's even more expensive.

Octane

Smash_kirby

@Chandlero: I could see the other dungeon being unlocked after you beat the game.

Smash_kirby

jariw

Octane wrote:

At least you have the possibility to share or resell the toy.

But I agree with you, no currently available amiibo functionality is worth the cost of the amiibo itself. I buy some amiibo figures because they look cool, but I rarely use them in games. Captain Toad was the only one where it felt fun to use the amiibo.

jariw

Dezzy

So yet more stuff being considered higher priority than a graphical improvement. Woooooo.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

jariw wrote:

Octane wrote:

At least you have the possibility to share or resell the toy.

But I agree with you, no currently available amiibo functionality is worth the cost of the amiibo itself. I buy some amiibo figures because they look cool, but I rarely use them in games. Captain Toad was the only one where it felt fun to use the amiibo.

Let's just say that I'd rather buy the DLC digitally for €5, than forking out €15 for the extra content. I don't think there's a point in selling it, because any new game would require the amiibo again I'd imagine. I get that it's probably worth the money for some if they really like the toys, but for someone who has no interest in them; amiibo are nothing more than expensive cumbersome paywalls.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Smash_kirby wrote:

@Chandlero: I could see the other dungeon being unlocked after you beat the game.

I don't, if you look at every amiibo bundle you can't do the things the amiibo allows without the amiibo. You can't play on the Mario board in amiibo party without a Mario amiibo, you can't play amiibo festival without AC amiibo, you can't play the hide and seek mode in Captain Toad without the Toad amiibo , you can't use the mega mushroom in SMM without the 8 bit Mario amiibo, etc.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

cookiex

WebHead wrote:

If the Amiibo indeed unlocks a new dungeon and shares data with Zelda u, than that could likely mean Zelda u is in the same timeline as TP.

I kinda figured re-watching the November Direct just yesterday that the Wolf Link amiibo wouldn't be a small thing if the data from TP HD was going to be transferable to Zelda U. Would the dungeon itself be one long Zelda U teaser then?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

iKhan

Octane wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane: A remake with an extra dungeon, same here with TPHD (without the amiibo you have the base game that came to GC with minor changes) except instead of a new console having to be bought for the exclusive dungeon there's a much cheaper amiibo (assuming stock levels are plentiful).

I have no interest in amiibo. If they offered this as €5 DLC, everyone would complain, because ''why not include it in the game in the first place?'' But now, when there's a €15 amiibo paywall, it's all fine. I have no interest in amiibo, and buying one is just a waste of plastic and money. €15 for an extra cave is just ridiculous. I didn't mind the amiibo in previous games, because they were just little bonusses or costumes that didn't alter the game in any way. But locking an area behind a paywall is a pretty big deal. At least offer the content as regular DLC if you want to include extra stuff in TPHD (and even then people have the right to complain about it), but don't force people to buy toys they aren't interested in.

This. People lambast Capcom for On-Disc DLC, but that is basically what Amiibo "perks" are. I don't mind when it's insignificant like costumes, but a whole dungeon? That's a load of crap.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jariw

cookiex wrote:

WebHead wrote:

I kinda figured re-watching the November Direct just yesterday that the Wolf Link amiibo wouldn't be a small thing if the data from TP HD was going to be transferable to Zelda U. Would the dungeon itself be one long Zelda U teaser then?

Or a connection that unlocks something related to TP:HD in Zelda U?

I also wonder if the Zelda U delay that was announced last spring was at least partly caused by the TP:HD port, and that they wanted to connect the games? Tantalus would have worked with TP:HD for about 3 months when Aonuma announced the Zelda U delay.

jariw

Eel

Octane wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Octane: Locking it behind a $13 paywall is certainly better than the paywall of an entire hardware platform that past Zelda games had.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. You mean the GBA function in Wind Waker? That was completely optional, there were no extra areas, items or characters locked behind the function.

Actually, the tingle tuner was more or less its own completely separate little adventure. You could learn a lot more about the different places, there was an exclusive side quest regarding an exclusive character, and you technically need it to truly complete the figurine collection.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Shinion

Yeah, hopefully the dungeon that Nintendo lock behind the evil $15 paywall is something akin to a playable teaser for Zelda U like last year's PT was to Silent Hills. Hopefully too it is one of the best and creative dungeons ever in Zelda history, and let's hope the Zelda amiibo as a whole play as crucial part in bringing out the best in Zelda U, potentially each individual Zelda amiibo can unlock a unique dungeon, for example Toon Link unlocks one set in the world of The Wind Waker, and sure why not let's have The Temple of Time locked behind the $15 evil paywall that is the Sheik amiibo. All this speculation is great and exciting, particularly as someone who already owns all the Zelda amiibo, and I can only hope that a brand new line of Zelda amiibo launches alongside Zelda U to make things (unbelievably I know) even better, as you can aways, always, always count on Nintendo providing quality value for money. Thank you Nintendo for making the gaming world a better place and keep up the good work!

Shinion

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

So yet more stuff being considered higher priority than a graphical improvement. Woooooo.

Pixel snob.

If this turns out that they just paywalled the Cave of Ordeals I will be disappoint.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

iKhan

TheLastLugia wrote:

Yeah, hopefully the dungeon that Nintendo lock behind the evil $15 paywall is something akin to a playable teaser for Zelda U like last year's PT was to Silent Hills. Hopefully too it is one of the best and creative dungeons ever in Zelda history, and let's hope the Zelda amiibo as a whole play as crucial part in bringing out the best in Zelda U, potentially each individual Zelda amiibo can unlock a unique dungeon, for example Toon Link unlocks one set in the world of The Wind Waker, and sure why not let's have The Temple of Time locked behind the $15 evil paywall that is the Sheik amiibo. All this speculation is great and exciting, particularly as someone who already owns all the Zelda amiibo, and I can only hope that a brand new line of Zelda amiibo launches alongside Zelda U to make things (unbelievably I know) even better, as you can aways, always, always count on Nintendo providing quality value for money. Thank you Nintendo for making the gaming world a better place and keep up the good work!

Locking content behind dungeons doesn't provide value for your money. It artificially restricts content and forces you to pay or have paid money to access it.

"Providing value" means that you are gaining something that you wouldn't/couldn't had Amiibos not existed. For example, a second controller has value because it gives you the ability to play local multiplayer games. If consoles only supported one controller, local multiplayer would be impossible. But if Amiibo didn't exist, all the locked content Nintendo is producing would either be sold to everyone or would be part of the game package.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Eat_Pie

iKhan wrote:

TheLastLugia wrote:

Locking content behind dungeons doesn't provide value for your money. It artificially restricts content and forces you to pay or have paid money to access it.

"Providing value" means that you are gaining something that you wouldn't/couldn't had Amiibos not existed. For example, a second controller has value because it gives you the ability to play local multiplayer games. If consoles only supported one controller, local multiplayer would be impossible. But if Amiibo didn't exist, all the locked content Nintendo is producing would either be sold to everyone or would be part of the game package.

If Amiibo didn't exist, the locked content might not have existed. It could go both ways. Besides, we still don't know if the dungeon is accessible through the game or if it's an important one at all.

Eat_Pie

MsJubilee

@TheLastLugia: "Yeah, hopefully the dungeon that Nintendo lock behind the evil $15 paywall is something akin to a playable teaser for Zelda U like last year's PT was to Silent Hills." That's awful

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.