Forums

Topic: Third Party Support in 2015?

Posts 81 to 100 of 140

Blast

Hey fellow Wii U owners. The Wii U isn't getting Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts 3. That alone is enough to get me to buy a PS4.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

Hey fellow Wii U owners. The Wii U isn't getting Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts 3. That alone is enough to get me to buy a PS4.

Congrats. I hope you enjoy it. I personally don't enjoy Square Enix but I can still respect your decision. Just wondering why you got a PS4 over a Xbox One, isn't the Xbone getting those games too?

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

Congrats. I hope you enjoy it. I personally don't enjoy Square Enix but I can still respect your decision. Just wondering why you got a PS4 over a Xbox One, isn't the Xbone getting those games too?

Oh! I don't have a PS4 yet! Lol I'm getting a PS4 next year. The Xbox One is getting those games but I prefer Sony a tad bit more than Microsoft.

Square Enix... is a talented developer who gets misguided at times. FF XV and KH3 are must buy titles for me. I'm a huge JRPG guy.

Master of the Hype Train

martinskrtel37

Madden and FIFA are not family games, lol. Nintendo are not missing out on a thing. They are big and comfortable - the 'competition' are the ones sweating with nothing but third party games. I repeat, Nintendo are not suffering by not having some half-asses COD ports or the latest FIFA. Anyone who wants to waste money on those games will go buy an Xbox and do so - they'll just need a 3DS or Wii U for actual quality video games.

And if you're buying a PS4 for Final Fantasy XXXVVIIII or whatever they're carting out... I feel for you... Surely that's just brand loyalty and you're not actually keen?

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Blast

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Madden and FIFA are not family games, lol. Nintendo are not missing out on a thing. They are big and comfortable - the 'competition' are the ones sweating with nothing but third party games. I repeat, Nintendo are not suffering by not having some half-asses COD ports or the latest FIFA. Anyone who wants to waste money on those games will go buy an Xbox and do so - they'll just need a 3DS or Wii U for actual quality video games.

And if you're buying a PS4 for Final Fantasy XXXVVIIII or whatever they're carting out... I feel for you... Surely that's just brand loyalty and you're not actually keen?

Oh come on... FF XV looks GOOD. Gameplay and cut scenes looks amazing to me.

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Hence my above post!

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Problem shouldn't be the focus but overall genre diversity and variety in all types of games, no? That's something Nintendo lacks and has lacked since the N64/Cube eras and no seems to have a problem with it. I mean Microsoft and Sony's top teams tend to work on big Franchises that really push their systems from head to toe. While Retro's first game on the Wii U was donkey Kong of all games.

Well, there are other games from Nintendo. I think what you just said is partly why Nintendo is currently focusing on what they are. Nintendo has had alot of games from different genres, in the past, but by the time that happened, they had already lost customer interest, which is why they focus on what they do.

If people had been interested in the exclusives like the RE games on GCN, the Metal Gear remake, Eternal Darkness, Gheist, etc. in past console life cycles, they'd be pushing for them more than they are.

You bring up Retro, and you apparently think they should be working on something else, but all they were known for was basically Metroid Prime, which ended up not getting good numbers for them.

They don't make the stuff people SUPPOSSEDLY want, because those people didn't buy the entries from years ago.
It'd be like if someone asked for a PS Battle Royal game for PS5, 14 years from now, when no one really gave a s*** about the game. Then we hear about lack of variety. What goes around, comes around.

I didn't need Retro to work on another Metroid game, but the caliber of developers and artist there I was expecting much more especially since at the Time Niintendo needed a major graphical showpiece for the system.

I think Nintendo is on a good path right now of getting a balance with Bayo2 , smash Bros and whats releasing next year. However I don't think they really recovered from losing the Rare Ips and they're putting out games that should be $30 titles at the most.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

DefHalan

martinskrtel37 wrote:

This seems like a troll post

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

bluemage1989

I wish we could all just say that all threw consoles can offer experiences that appeal to everyone and I've got a place for all consoles under my tv. I love Nintendo I really do but I'm so excited for some of the great games I will be playing on ps4 next year and I think some people on this forum are just rude. Some have this like gaming superiority complex like by liking Nintendo they are making a statement about gaming today I really enjoyed Wind Waker HD it doesn't mean I don't want to play Dragon Age I loved Mario Kart but drive club still looks fun for me Xenoblade looks awesome its going to be fun but I still want to try FF15 maybe it'll be rubbish but let's see how both play honestly I have enough time and love for all consoles I'm not going to miss out on great games just so I can make a statement and I'm not going to limit my experiences by sticking with one console. If I only owned a PS4 I'd still be wanting a WiiU

bluemage1989

sub12

The only thing worse than Nintendo fanboys having a messiah complex is when Sony and Microsoft fans hate on each other.......now, caveat, I do think Microsoft kinda fumbled the XB1 launch, but with Phil in charge, how can you hate on em?.......and I dunno, I own a PS4, its my go to system, but man, I really want to play the Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, and Forza 2, anytime, anyplace, I'm there.

sub12

CanisWolfred

The Wii U looks kinda bear in that regard, but Splatoon, Star Fox, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Zelda U are coming out next year, and the 3DS will fill the gaps. I'm good. That's not even mentioning the PS4 I just hooked up...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sub12

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Wii U looks kinda bear in that regard, but Splatoon, Star Fox, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Zelda U are coming out next year, and the 3DS will fill the gaps. I'm good. That's not even mentioning the PS4 I just hooked up...

Are you a owner of a husky / wolf mix or something?

sub12

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

I didn't need Retro to work on another Metroid game, but the caliber of developers and artist there I was expecting much more especially since at the Time Niintendo needed a major graphical showpiece for the system.

I think Nintendo is on a good path right now of getting a balance with Bayo2 , smash Bros and whats releasing next year. However I don't think they really recovered from losing the Rare Ips and they're putting out games that should be $30 titles at the most.

I think they are on a good path, as well. We also have to take into account, that this is Nintendo's first foray in HD gaming, which has already reached into 8th generation graphics with titles like Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario 3D World, etc. Those games basically can't run on last gen consoles, the way that they do on Wii U, with the GamePad to boot, so Nintendo has skipped over everything Xbox 360 and PS3 did and then some. They deserve a lot of credit for what they have done with Wii U, which is what people fail to understand.
Once they get out the "core" Nintendo games, like Starfox and Zelda U, I think they'll start to focus on a wider "core" audience, which is what I think Splatoon is already a part of, going forward.

3rd parties just don't know how to develop well enough for Wii U, otherwise they'd be putting out games that can run as well as Nintendo's, which HAS happened; need I remind people that Resident Evil 4 practically pushed GCN to it's limits back in 6th gen. 3rd parties are capable of doing that on Wii U, but they haven't put anywhere near enough effort to do that sort of thing. Regardless of the reasons at hand, the potential is there, and it's all about whether they can and will take advantage of it, otherwise we may as well not even bother talking about 3rd parties even mattering to Nintendo. The relationship goes both ways, because 3rd parties are missing out on potential sales if they don't support Wii U well enough(which would be releasing higher quality games than they have, so far), and Nintendo suffers from the lack of 3rd party support, which is what they are weathering through, currently.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Bolt_Strike

SCAR392 wrote:

Once they get out the "core" Nintendo games, like Starfox and Zelda U, I think they'll start to focus on a wider "core" audience, which is what I think Splatoon is already a part of, going forward.

I don't think the outside audiences care about Nintendo's core philosophy though. Casuals are firmly rooted in the mobile market, so until Nintendo makes their own phone or tablet they're not going to draw that group in. And the dudebros don't enjoy the lower powered consoles, the lack of third party and the amount of "kiddy" games Nintendo makes, and the first two can't be fixed until next gen (and I don't think Nintendo wants to fix those things).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

MsJubilee

sub12 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I wonder how that relates to the post he made.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

SCRAPPER392

Bolt_Strike wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I don't think the outside audiences care about Nintendo's core philosophy though. Casuals are firmly rooted in the mobile market, so until Nintendo makes their own phone or tablet they're not going to draw that group in. And the dudebros don't enjoy the lower powered consoles, the lack of third party and the amount of "kiddy" games Nintendo makes, and the first two can't be fixed until next gen (and I don't think Nintendo wants to fix those things).

That first part is true, but the "core" and "casual" market are still going to be stuck playing the same machines. A "core" gamer could just as easily play a "core" game on a smartphone. They just aren't really there.

Wii U isn't underpowered = fact
The fact is, is that 3rd parties don't know how to develop well enough for Wii U, otherwise they'd be putting out better content, period.
The "dudebro" gamers probably can't even beat a experienced Smash Bros. or Mario Kart 8 player, so they still suck at those games that are "kiddie". There's not even any point in discussing such ignorance.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Blast

I hate the say the term "dudebro" but there are a group of gamers who literally only buy big mainstream games and ignore anything else. Guys who live and breathe Madden. Its okay cuz everyone tastes is different but it hurts Nintendo the most.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan but next gen... I just can't do this lack of 3rd party support. I hope they fix this issue next gen. Its ridiculous and almost embarrassing. I love Nintendo's style of gaming but missing games just sucks.

Master of the Hype Train

CanisWolfred

midnafanboy wrote:

sub12 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I wonder how that relates to the post he made.

Not gonna lie, that one threw me for a loop for a full minute there...

And no. I will someday, though. But my mom hates big dogs, so it'll have to wait until I get my own place.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I think they are on a good path, as well. We also have to take into account, that this is Nintendo's first foray in HD gaming, which has already reached into 8th generation graphics with titles like Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario 3D World, etc. Those games basically can't run on last gen consoles, the way that they do on Wii U, with the GamePad to boot, so Nintendo has skipped over everything Xbox 360 and PS3 did and then some. They deserve a lot of credit for what they have done with Wii U, which is what people fail to understand.

3rd parties just don't know how to develop well enough for Wii U, otherwise they'd be putting out games that can run as well as Nintendo's, which HAS happened; need I remind people that Resident Evil 4 practically pushed GCN to it's limits back in 6th gen. 3rd parties are capable of doing that on Wii U, but they haven't put anywhere near enough effort to do that sort of thing. Regardless of the reasons at hand, the potential is there, and it's all about whether they can and will take advantage of it, otherwise we may as well not even bother talking about 3rd parties even mattering to Nintendo. The relationship goes both ways, because 3rd parties are missing out on potential sales if they don't support Wii U well enough(which would be releasing higher quality games than they have, so far), and Nintendo suffers from the lack of 3rd party support, which is what they are weathering through, currently.

I can't exactly give them that much credit since Nintendo had to go through Major delays to get to where they are now. But yes Nintendo has started to branch off more and make other styles of games.

Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Fatal Frame
Devils Third
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Splatoon

Nintendo is slowly starting to realize they have to offer more than just the average Nintendo Games to get attention and audiences. Its a problem that those games sort f left the wii in a big impact and never came back. If you look at the gamecube Era Nintendo had a balance similar to the Wii U but when Iwata came in he cut it out of Nintendo which hurt them badly.

From 1990-2000. Nintendo of America had production and management autonomy from Japan. NOA basically culminated its own production team, along a few co-designers, and started funding and producing games with developers.

DMA Design: Uni Racers, Body Harvest (Nintendo dropped it in 1997, Midway took it)
Angel Studios: Ken Griffey Baseball, Buggie Boogie (canceled)
Bits Studios: Warlocked, Riqa (canceled)
Rare: Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark
Software Creations: Ken Griffey Baseball, Tin Star
Silicon Knights: Eternal Darkness (N64 version)
Left Field Productions: Kobey Bryant in NBA Courtside, Excitebike 64
Looking Glass Studio: Mini Racers (canceled)
Mass Media: Star Craft 64
H20: Tetrisphere
Saffire Corp: Nester's Funky Bowling, James Bond 007
Midway: Cruisn Series

Nintendo of America also procured the Ken Griffey and MLBPA license, NHL License, Kobe Bryant and NBA license, PGA license, Disney license, James Bond license, StarCraft license. Star Wars Episode I license. They were producing their own first-party games separate from Nintendo of Japan.

That all changed when Iwata transitioned from Global Marketing Chief to President. NOA Production was killed, and Nintendo of Japan's SPD Department took over all Western development (Star Fox Adventures, Geist, Eternal Darkness GC).

Henry Sterchi, Brian Ullrich, Ken Lobb, Ed Ridgeway, Jeff Hutt, Faran Thomason, and the whole crew left NOA to Microsoft and other developers. Since then, we've seen the Western model we have today. Western developers reporting directly to Japanese management, and pretty much making B/C sequels to Nintendo IPs.

Like we agreed Nintendo is learning even if they still make weird decisions (Star Fox shouldn't be space shooter and Megaten X FE should be a different game entirely)

Now if I was Nintendo now I'd look to Acquire some of my more hardcore Partner developers and IP and start to build a base for the middle/end of the wii u and the start of the new generation.

Next Level Games
Monster Games
Mistwalker
Valhalla Games
Camelot
Genius Sonority
Wayforward
Building up NST back to its cube/ds glory days

than for Ip you have

Metroid
Crusi'n
F-zero
wave race
Custom Robo
Giest
Eternal Darkness
Marasune
The Wars series
etc

But enough rants for the night, Nintendo had a pretty rough start with the Wii U and its a good system that will probably be looked upon as we do the Saturn and Dreamcast. (lol)

WAT!

sub12

Man, that just pissed me off seeing all of those NOA projects under Lincoln and Lobb, that's why the SNES and N64 era days were great, for every Yoshi's Island you had a Goldeneye, god damn you Kyoto, damn you!!

sub12

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.