Forums

Topic: Third Party Support in 2015?

Posts 61 to 80 of 140

Punished_Boss_84

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Let me rephrase, you can't resist the titles coming in future that are exclusively skipping Wii U.

Nope, I haven't seen a single multiplat game that I have any interest in. Most of the non-Nintendo stuff nowadays is pretty boring and generic looking.

This site shocks me at times.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

DefHalan

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Just get another system, you cannot end next year without playing DB Xenoverse, MGSV: The Phantom Pain and the like.

You can't resist.

I am fine without playing those

Two of you?

Let me rephrase, you can't resist the titles coming in future that are exclusively skipping Wii U.

Such as?

On yer bike! You're screwing with me aren't you?

Each system has exclusives that are interesting me but as far as the Big 3 are concerned I can't think of any games that are exclusively skipping the Wii U that I want. Please enlighten me. I am currently leaning towards a Xbox One for the Master Chief Collection, but my friend has a PS4. I am waiting for E3 2015 for something to prove why I need one of those consoles, nothing has proven that yet.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MsJubilee

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Nope, I haven't seen a single multiplat game that I have any interest in. Most of the non-Nintendo stuff nowadays is pretty boring and generic looking.

It shocks me as well.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Jazzer94

midnafanboy wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

It shocks me as well.

Have too agree some really great games skipping the U next year can't understand how people act as if everything is COD level creativity.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Just get another system, you cannot end next year without playing DB Xenoverse, MGSV: The Phantom Pain and the like.

You can't resist.

Two of you?

Such as?

Resident Evil Revelations 2,Evolve,Bladestorm: Nightmare ,Mortal Kombat X,Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Edition,The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,Batman: Arkham Knight and finally MGSV: The Phantom Pain.What these games aren't good enough for you old sport?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

shingi_70

Can someone define what Generic and Boring actually means, I mean couldn't the same be said for most of Nintendo's patented colorful jump dude games.

off the top of my head the wii u will be missing out on

MGS V: Phantom Pain
Batman Arkham Knight
All of the telltale games
Mortal Kombat X
Life is Strange
The Witcher 3
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Final Fantasy Type-0
Dying Light

etc

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ricklongo

Is it really that hard for people to realize that not everyone has the same tastes in gaming? Respect that and move on, rather than listing a bunch of game titles that could very well not appeal at all to the person you're talking to.

Personally, I couldn't care less about Metal Gear Solid, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil or Arkham Knight. The games that are going to make me get a second console this generation (a PS4) are Final Fantasy XV, The Witcher 3, Street Fighter V, and Dragon Quest XI (if it is indeed coming to that platform). My Wii U is still probably going to be my "main" platform, however, seeing how Nintendo games tend to be my favorites. Again, respect that and move on.

Edited on by ricklongo

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

shingi_70

Its not that we don't respect your desion its the fact that it baffles me when people say they'd rather have quality or quantity remotely ignoring the fact that two aren't really at odds and you never know what you may be missing. Plus after seeing how support for the wii fell off a cliff you'd think third party support would e something that people crave.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

It's possible. We've been hearing about how people won't buy Wii U, because of the lack of (good)3rd party support, since launch. Guess who's fault that is? I wouldn't worry about it.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

You can't resist.

Two of you?

Such as?

Resident Evil Revelations 2,Evolve,Bladestorm: Nightmare ,Mortal Kombat X,Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Edition,The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,Batman: Arkham Knight and finally MGSV: The Phantom Pain.What these games aren't good enough for you old sport?

Evolve and Batman. I mean I could live without Batman (especially after playing Origins) and Evolve will only be good if I can get friends on the same system to play but all those others I can skip without worrying. Even Batman and Evolve I could skip but they are ones I am at least interested in. (Will probably pick up Evolve on PC and skip Batman all together)

EDIT: I guess "colorful jump dude games" are just more exciting to me than these cinematic experiences.

Edited on by DefHalan

ricklongo

shingi_70 wrote:

Its not that we don't respect your desion its the fact that it baffles me when people say they'd rather have quality or quantity remotely ignoring the fact that two aren't really at odds and you never know what you may be missing. Plus after seeing how support for the wii fell off a cliff you'd think third party support would e something that people crave.

Oh, I'm sure people do crave third party support. Especially because it's an exponential thing; the more support a platform has, the more it'll get in the future, snowballing onwards, and as such raising the odds of games we care about coming our way.

Personally, I'd love Wii U to get every big game, even the ones I'm not interested in, and I don't think anyone here would argue otherwise.

What previous posters were saying, from what I inferred, is that they favor Nintendo titles instead of those big multiplatform titles coming to PS and Xbox next year. It's not at all unreasonable to see that this is possible. It's not fanboyism, it's personal preference.

If someone says "everything Nintendo puts out is automatically better than everything else, just because it's Nintendo", then there's the stupid fanboyism. But that's not the vibe I got from posters here at all.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

shingi_70 wrote:

Can someone define what Generic and Boring actually means, I mean couldn't the same be said for most of Nintendo's patented colorful jump dude games.

Batman Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
Life is Strange
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy Type-0
Dying Light

etc

Oh no, Nintendo's not exactly innocent of that either, especially with their platformers (which is sad because that's my favorite genre). But at least Nintendo is trying to do different things. The rest of the industry tends to cling to bland looking FPS and action games, and they never really try to push the envelope gameplay wise.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

Chrono_Cross wrote:

iKhan wrote:

The Wii actually did pretty well with JRPGs. The low development cost justified creating games that may not sell too well in the west.

Did it, though? Think about that for a minute.

Speaking relatively, yes. The Wii steamrolls the Wii U, GC, and N64 in terms of the number of JRPGs it got. It may not have gotten the cream of the crop, but it also didn't get much that was genuinely bad.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

Can someone explain to me why this conversation happens in every other topic?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

Bolt_Strike wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Batman Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
Life is Strange
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy Type-0
Dying Light

etc

Oh no, Nintendo's not exactly innocent of that either, especially with their platformers (which is sad because that's my favorite genre). But at least Nintendo is trying to do different things. The rest of the industry tends to cling to bland looking FPS and action games, and they never really try to push the envelope gameplay wise.

Do they or is that just their most popular output.

Case in point yes Ubisoft put out two AC games, the crew , and the crew. But they also out out

Trails Fusion
Child of Light
Valiant Hearts
Might and Magic X

The same could be said of Microsoft and Sony's overall output. I mean Fable Legends for example does a better job at making use of a tablet add-on than any other Wii U title to date which is all types of sad.

WAT!

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Batman Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
Life is Strange
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy Type-0
Dying Light

etc

Case in point yes Ubisoft put out two AC games, the crew , and the crew. But they also out out

Trails Fusion
Child of Light
Valiant Hearts
Might and Magic X

The same could be said of Microsoft and Sony's overall output.

But those are not the games they focus on. Nintendo focuses on those types of games and has a lot more of them

shingi_70

DefHalan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Batman Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
Life is Strange
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy Type-0
Dying Light

etc

Trails Fusion
Child of Light
Valiant Hearts
Might and Magic X

But those are not the games they focus on. Nintendo focuses on those types of games and has a lot more of them

Problem shouldn't be the focus but overall genre diversity and variety in all types of games, no? That's something Nintendo lacks and has lacked since the N64/Cube eras and no seems to have a problem with it. I mean Microsoft and Sony's top teams tend to work on big Franchises that really push their systems from head to toe. While Retro's first game on the Wii U was donkey Kong of all games.

WAT!

Bolt_Strike

shingi_70 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Batman Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
Life is Strange
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy Type-0
Dying Light

etc

Trails Fusion
Child of Light
Valiant Hearts
Might and Magic X

Problem shouldn't be the focus but overall genre diversity and variety in all types of games, no? That's something Nintendo lacks and has lacked since the N64/Cube eras and no seems to have a problem with it. I mean Microsoft and Sony's top teams tend to work on big Franchises that really push their systems from head to toe. While Retro's first game on the Wii U was donkey Kong of all games.

Don't be fooled by the number of platformers and RPGs. Nintendo has great genre diversity, they have almost every major genre covered. Here's what they have:

Platformers: Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby, Wario
RPGs: Pokemon, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Chronicles, S.T.E.A.M.
Shooters: Metroid, Splatoon, S.T.E.A.M.
Party: Mario Party, WarioWare
Racing: Mario Kart, F-Zero
Action Adventure: Zelda
Fighting: Smash Bros.
RTS: Pikmin
Life Sim: Animal Crossing
Flight Sim: Star Fox

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but you get the idea.

Anyway, the only thing they're really missing is a beat em up/hack and slash IP, but even then the Wii U has Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors. That's more variety than most if not all developers have (the only developer I can think of that even comes close is Sony, but I don't even think they have more diversity than Nintendo).

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Batman Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
Life is Strange
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy Type-0
Dying Light

etc

Trails Fusion
Child of Light
Valiant Hearts
Might and Magic X

Depends on if you care more about how they show off their muscles or how they use them. Sony and Microsoft have a lot of variety but that comes with them lacking in other departments. Nintendo makes most of the games I consider fun, it doesn't matter to me that they aren't trying to shove more polygons into their games or increase the resolution. Nintendo makes the best games in the genres that I enjoy the most. While the rest of the of the industry is focusing on these big FPS Cinematic "experiences" Nintendo is focusing on what I want, and that is fun games. I don't care about the tech behind the game as long as it is fun. So the point isn't to check off boxes, the point is to create something we enjoy.

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

Well, there are other games from Nintendo. I think what you just said is partly why Nintendo is currently focusing on what they are. Nintendo has had alot of games from different genres, in the past, but by the time that happened, they had already lost customer interest, which is why they focus on what they do.

If people had been interested in the exclusives like the RE games on GCN, the Metal Gear remake, Eternal Darkness, Gheist, etc. in past console life cycles, they'd be pushing for them more than they are.

You bring up Retro, and you apparently think they should be working on something else, but all they were known for was basically Metroid Prime, which ended up not getting good numbers for them.

They don't make the stuff people SUPPOSSEDLY want, because those people didn't buy the entries from years ago.
It'd be like if someone asked for a PS Battle Royal game for PS5, 14 years from now, when no one really gave a s*** about the game. Then we hear about lack of variety. What goes around, comes around.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.