Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 15,210

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

Creepy?! It's a fantasy in many manga, comics, anime, movies, songs, and real life! Heck, when I was in high school... I understand what you're saying but that's exteme.

It was creepy the way I imagined it

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

Blast wrote:

Creepy?! It's a fantasy in many manga, comics, anime, movies, songs, and real life! Heck, when I was in high school... I understand what you're saying but that's exteme.

It was creepy the way I imagined it

Hahahahaha but seriously... I totally agree with you on the creepy perspective on that. It's messed up. But on the brighter side..... Link walks in on Zelda putting on armor then....

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nicolai

Blast wrote:

Heh. What if Zelda was a older, seductive, and powerful Queen in Zelda U? Heh. Heh. Heh.

Well, that's what the internet is for. I'm sure DeviantArt has you covered on that matter. As far as the game goes, Zelda is often the bearer of wisdom, and is better portrayed as a voice of reason and leadership, and it would be hard to take a sexualized figure seriously.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

jump

Blast wrote:

Heh. What if Zelda was a older, seductive, and powerful Queen in Zelda U? Heh. Heh. Heh.

Wasn't Link a teenage boy trying to save/get the sleeping older Zelda in Zelda 2?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tyranexx

Nicolai wrote:

Blast wrote:

Well, that's what the internet is for. I'm sure DeviantArt has you covered on that matter. As far as the game goes, Zelda is often the bearer of wisdom, and is better portrayed as a voice of reason and leadership, and it would be hard to take a sexualized figure seriously.

Spot on. To me, this would be like asking for a muscular, manly, mustachioed Link with the personality of Gaston.

"...And every last inch of me's covered with hair!"

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Blast

Hey, remember that special moment in TP when Link did sumo wrestling??? I want more stuff like that to come back in Zelda U!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

Trinexx wrote:

Spot on. To me, this would be like asking for a muscular, manly, mustachioed Link with the personality of Gaston.

I think you inadvertently just suggested women find that attractive...?

Edited on by Dezzy

Tyranexx

Dezzy wrote:

Trinexx wrote:

I think you inadvertently just suggested women find that attractive...?

XD Nah, I was just giving an example of what would happen if Link, as an equivalent of a sexualized Zelda, would be as a muscular he-man with Gaston's personality (vain, full of himself, narcissistic, etc.). I honestly prefer Link as a brave kid or daring youth (like Peter Pan) like he's always been.

...If Link were like that, he'd be more fit for the Triforce of power.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Haru17

AlternateButtons wrote:

No strikes against TP though, it wasnt meant to be charming.

Just as well; Twilight Princess is too good for buzzwords.

Untitled

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that. I agree! That moment had a lot of charm in an otherwise uncharming game.

Can it be!?! Do you speak of... the Link Nips!?

Untitled

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Trinexx wrote:

XD Nah, I was just giving an example of what would happen if Link, as an equivalent of a sexualized Zelda, would be as a muscular he-man with Gaston's personality (vain, full of himself, narcissistic, etc.). I honestly prefer Link as a brave kid or daring youth (like Peter Pan) like he's always been.

Well but "sexualized" implies men find it attractive. So surely the equivalent would have to be something women find attractive. I've been bullied into reading enough romantic novels that I know that doesn't really contain Gaston. (bullied by my gf, not like schoolyard bullies- although that would be funny)

Morpheel wrote:

That's more along the lines of what men find attractive in other men.

Worryingly true in myself.

Edited on by Dezzy

Tyranexx

Some women do find guys like that attractive, particularly those three fawning blonds in the movie. Belle, on the other hand, sees him for the shallow jerk that he really is.

...Actually, now that I think about it, both Link and Zelda already have many of the personality qualities that attract the opposite gender. (Though as Link doesn't speak, that's sometimes up to the player) They're just not physically sexualized. (E.G. Zelda isn't built like Bayonetta, Link isn't built like Kratos)

The "covered with hair" reference was just a lighthearted joke, btw. Besides, the Beast trumps Gaston in that department. XD

Dezzy

Trinexx wrote:

both Link and Zelda already have many of the personality qualities that attract the opposite gender.

Except these origami monstrosities...

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

TuVictus

So that "Zelda Wii U information" in Famitsu was about as boring and generic as I'd guessed. ~sigh~ At least triforce heroes comes out after tomorrow

TuVictus

TuVictus

@AlternateButtons: "Aonuma touched briefly on Zelda Wii U as well. He didn’t offer too much on the subject as one would expect, though he did say the following:
“We’re doing our best. Everyday we improve it bit by bit. It is something that requires plenty of time, however, so please believe in us and wait.”"

TuVictus

Nicolai

@Operative: Wow, that shot below even my already-very-low expectations. I was expecting at least another lecture on "rethinking the conventions of Zelda" like they did a while back, or something along those lines. Those lectures may be circular and boring, but at least it's something. This... this was just nothing.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

jump

Operative wrote:

So that "Zelda Wii U information" in Famitsu was about as boring and generic as I'd guessed. ~sigh~ At least triforce heroes comes out after tomorrow

Shocker, if there was any kind of info on Zelda U it would of been plastered on the cover.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

What, that's all they said? After saying they'd talk about it?

This thread is providing more Zelda information than Nintendo currently are!

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

What, that's all they said? After saying they'd talk about it?

This thread is providing more Zelda information than Nintendo currently are!

True, especially since it hypes up every obviously-not-going-to-happen source of information into a huge deal. All there is is E3 and the Game Awards for now.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic