Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,141 to 15,160 of 15,210

W90WBA

StarPoint wrote:

@W90WBA Is there a specific reason as to why you're struggling to enjoy it? From there I can probably give you some tips to help enhance your experience

I'm not sure, the only thing I can think is that I know nothing about Zelda. Don't know about the characters, the story, the history. I've never played a Zelda game before

W90WBA

W90WBA

@jump I'm certainly hoping to help! Help me, help her!! Haha!

W90WBA

StarPoint

@W90WBA The thing about Breath of the Wild is that it’s actually very unlike any other Zelda game before it. There are recurring themes, characters, and ideas, but as a whole it’s a very different kind of Zelda game. Could I ask how far in the game you’re in? How much progress you’ve made in the main quest?

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Matt_Barber

If you want to find out more about the world and characters, you can do that through the main quests, particularly Free the Divine Beasts and Captured Memories. You'll get both of these through Impa, who is the first person you're told to seek out once you've cleared the Great Plateau.

Bear in mind that Link has amnesia from being in suspended animation for a century, so he won't know any more about this stuff than you do.

Matt_Barber

WoomyNNYes

Rambler wrote:

@WoomyNNYes
I agree, some sort of - curated? - thread of tips and tricks would be pretty cool

But at the same time, I'm always surprised at any queries considering the wealth of online material.

I guess, even I sometimes ask about a game in here because I'll get a direct answer from a friendly person in here, rather than wandering into google or youtube. Maybe that's why people are still asking in here.

On youtube, if you search how to farm arrows, you'll get the most recent results, which are kind of an OP overload of options for all arrows(bomb/elemental) that push more heavily toward spoilers.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

W90WBA

StarPoint wrote:

@W90WBA The thing about Breath of the Wild is that it’s actually very unlike any other Zelda game before it. There are recurring themes, characters, and ideas, but as a whole it’s a very different kind of Zelda game. Could I ask how far in the game you’re in? How much progress you’ve made in the main quest?

Sorry for late reply - busy weekend!

II'm not sure how I see a percentage or anything, but my current missions are to Destroy Ganon and Seek Out Impa - no idea if this helps at all lol

W90WBA

VoidofLight

@W90WBA Really early on. Like you just got off the Great Plateau. The story in this game is shorter than other Zelda titles. Once you go to seek Impa out, you get the main objectives for the most part, so I suggest going there first. Destroying Ganon is the absolute last quest, although you can do it at any point. Despite that, I wouldn't suggest doing so, given that you'll be vastly unprepared. For the most part with BotW, the story takes a back seat and the game is primarily about exploration more than anything. It's gameplay hinges on you exploring the new Hyrule they made, and going around to do shrines.

If you want good Zelda games that are more story-based then the 3DS and Wii U have most of those. Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, A Link Between Worlds, Twilight Princess HD and Windwaker HD. If you only have a switch, you can play A Link to the Past with Online, and same with Ocarina.. although the graphics are screwed up on the Online's version of Ocarina. You also have Link's Awakening and Skyward Sword which are on Switch, although Skyward Sword is vastly different in comparison to other previous entries.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Kermit1doesmath

I finally pre-ordered the game last week at BestBuy, if it's a day late I'll be fine with that.

dysgraphia awareness human

kms108

Hi

can someone help me, I purchased the breath of wild with expansion pack, there is a lot of differences on screen, but isn't there a code to allow download, with my version I think the DLC is already download, the content on the screen says DLC purchased and inside it gives description of the Pack 1 and 3, and expansion pack purchased, with the title downloaded DLC but none of the are selectable, do I need to play the game, in normal mode or master mode, and its already combined into the game.

Please enlighten me for those who has purchased this game, I think different region of this game are all the same, whether it's the Japanese version, USA version or Asian version.

kms108

dionysos283

@kms108
I'm pretty sure that the DLC is integrated into the main game. Some of the DLC is only unlocked after finishing some tasks (like freeing all the Divine Beasts).

dionysos283

kms108

so I have to play the game and gradually all the special feature and secret game place with show up, is this for both the master mode and normal mode

kms108

Matt_Barber

There are some DLC items you can get almost immediately, because they spawn in chests on the Great Plateau, although they're not terribly exciting. Most of the rest of the DLC chests are scattered around the world map; the game gives you plenty of hints as to where to find them, and most aren't too hard to get to.

For the more substantial content, you won't get to the Trial of the Sword until the mid-game at least, as it requires you to find the Master Sword first.

The Champion's Ballad is definitely something for the late-game, as you'll need to beat all four Divine Beasts first. I'd reckon it's best saved after you've beaten Ganon, even, as the main boss fight is a far tougher one, although still not that hard if you've stocked up on the best equipment.

Matt_Barber

kms108

Matt_Barber wrote:

There are some DLC items you can get almost immediately, because they spawn in chests on the Great Plateau, although they're not terribly exciting. Most of the rest of the DLC chests are scattered around the world map; the game gives you plenty of hints as to where to find them, and most aren't too hard to get to.
For the more substantial content, you won't get to the Trial of the Sword until the mid-game at least, as it requires you to find the Master Sword first.

The Champion's Ballad is definitely something for the late-game, as you'll need to beat all four Divine Beasts first. I'd reckon it's best saved after you've beaten Ganon, even, as the main boss fight is a far tougher one, although still not that hard if you've stocked up on the best equipment.

Thanks for the information

kms108

kms108

dionysos283 wrote:

@kms108
I'm pretty sure that the DLC is integrated into the main game. Some of the DLC is only unlocked after finishing some tasks (like freeing all the Divine Beasts).

Thanks for the quick reply.

I thought I deleted the expansion pass, as i did a deleted of the game, I also have the normal version USA version, and when the game booth up, it just have the normal short movie of the beginning like the normal version of the game.
When I pass the great plateau, and booth up, It start to show the new screen with master mode and DLC, I also check the save data, and it had 64Mb data, just the same as before the delete.

so the DLC selection in the beginning of the contents is just a description of the special features, I though it was the actual game, but I couldn't access them.

thanks

kms108

WoomyNNYes

@Slowdive Thanks for sharing that video. I don't think I've seen that youtuber before. And even though that video is two hours, it still kept my interest. It's very well done.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Hydra_Spectre

Hoping they patch in FSR to Breath of the Wild just like in Tears of the Kingdom.

Emulation and preservation advocate. Tails fan.
The 3DS looks best with the 3D Slider set to Full.
Metal Gear will never die.
Healing through content creation.
Regularly watches films in 35mm at the cinema.
#SonicMovieSweep #GhibliSweep #MiyazakiSweep

FishyS

All the Zelda hype made me decide to try to attempt BotW for the 4th time.

I keep getting into situations where I'm fighting a harder monster amd literally every single weapon I own breaks within like 2 minutes. Now I'm still alive but have no way to do damage. Do you just use bombs at this point? It's slow and agonizing but it works...

On a different note, if you whack your metal sword so hard into something that it shatters, you should really have pieces of metal bounce back and seriously injure yourself. Not to mention a broken arm.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Matt_Barber

@FishyS Bombs are highly effective against weak enemies like octoroks, chuchus, keese, pebblits and, above all, red bokoblins. Even tougher bokoblins can be knocked off cliffs or drowned when thrown around with the blast, although that's rather more advanced usage.

Other enemies are best avoided until you've got better gear, more hearts and a grip on the strategies needed to take them down. There are very few points in the game where you actually need to fight, so running away is always an option. Even when there's no obvious way out, you've always got fast travel.

Matt_Barber

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic