Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 15,210

Dezzy

MetalKingShield wrote:

All of Nintendo's best games are on gamecube, really.

Whatttttt. That's some poppycock right there!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Kai_

dies

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Sleepingmudkip

I am happy for the delay because it wont over shadow XenoBlade Chronicles X

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Jacob717

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Don't worry, Star Fox and Mario Maker will still be there to over shadow Xenoblade Chronicles X

Jacob717

LegoNintendo12

A while back there were some interesting rumors surrounding Zelda for Wii U, based on this information there seems to be a trend. Part of this rumor stated that this Zelda game was planned to release in 2014. We know that didn't happen. Interestingly enough, they refused to show it off at e3 2013. If this rumor is true (http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zelda-game-coming-2014/) then this delay could be more evidence that this game is so ambitious that as they work on it they keep trying to maximize its potential. If you read the rumor it's very interesting and seems pretty realistic. **Also based on the rumor the game was set to release in 2013 but was delayed into 2014**

Edited on by LegoNintendo12

LegoNintendo12

Octane

Operative wrote:

Since it's not gonna be at E3 this year, I can only assume it won't be released until holiday 2016, since they always have at least 1 E3 where they go all out with the Zelda info. So that's looking to be E3 2016.

Although that seems logical, what about a spring or summer release? I get that you want to save your bigger titles for the holidays, but let's be realistic; Zelda U isn't going to move more Wii U units than MK8 of SSBU have, and that wasn't a lot either. I don't think that it will make a difference when they release the game.

Octane

Samurai_Goroh

A while ago, I remember some rumours that the game would release in 2016 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the series, it would be a reboot of the first NES game, and share the very same title, just "The Legend of Zelda" without a sub-title.

Now this happens, one wonders...

Samurai_Goroh

Dezzy

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

It wouldn't have needed to anyway. Release Xenoblade in August, Zelda in November. That's plenty of breathing space.
Although I guess the silver lining of all of this is that those of us who stick to Nintendo games only will have enough time to actually complete Xenoblade without getting distracted.

Edited on by Dezzy

LegoNintendo12

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

A while ago, I remember some rumours that the game would release in 2016 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the series, it would be a reboot of the first NES game, and share the very same title, just "The Legend of Zelda" without a sub-title.

Now this happens, one wonders...

Wow I wouldn't doubt it.

LegoNintendo12

hobthebob

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

There are people arguing that Zelda will be cross gen. Zelda is all but confirmed for a 2016 release. Ergo, to argue that Zelda will be cross gen is to argue that next gen starts in 2016.

No hu-ho, no it is not necessarily 2016. Don't count your cuccos before they hatch! It's possible that Zelda U and/or the NX hit 2016, but saying anything other than 'not 2015' is total guesswork at the moment. Not knowing what the NX is means we really don't know Nintendo's release schemings.

And stop with the backhanded ad hominems.

So... you're thinking 2017 for Zelda?

And calling your guesses silly isn't ad hominem. The way I'm doing it is pretty passive aggressive though. You've repeated the sentiment several times in this thread alone that Zelda U will be the first "good" or "real" or whatever Zelda since Twilight Princess, along with I told you sos and even casual "musings" of institutional racism. You can't tell me that sort of behavior isn't intentionally provocative. Given that this thread is like half other people quoting you and taking issue with your proclamations, I'd say the provocation was successful.

So anyway, maybe nintendo is taking this extra time to add some more black and spanish people to their world, in order to make it a fuller, more "complete" experience.

Jk lol

hobthebob

Nicolai

Blast wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Does anyone think that a new 3DS Zelda Title will come out before Zelda U at this point?

Zelda U needs to be the last Zelda game for a good while. Huge Zelda fan here but the series seriously needs a break after Zelda U.

I wouldn't mind if it were a 3D game, even if they used the same art-style as the N64 remakes. I'm starting to get sick of these top-down view games.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Dezzy

Nicolai wrote:

I wouldn't mind if it were a 3D game, even if they used the same art-style as the N64 remakes. I'm starting to get sick of these top-down view games.

Getting sick of them? We've only had 1 this generation.

LzWinky

I'm still calling for 2016 unless Nintendo is holding it back for NX

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RedDevilAde

If they are planning their next console in 2017 then I would (in their shoes) hold it back for the new console and pay Grezzo or someone to get a remastered TP out in 2016 for the Wii U as an attempt at saying sorry. The Wii U was hampered by a weak launch line-up and I think they should try to hit the successor with both guns blazing (Mario & Zelda together?). If it's later than 2017 then I'd just aim for the 2016 date.

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

LzWinky

Honestly, there are benefits for either route. Nintendo can start its next system with a bang.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LegoNintendo12

TingLz wrote:

Honestly, there are benefits for either route. Nintendo can start its next system with a bang.

True, but if Nintendo does this NX Wii U cross, why should Wii U owners move to NX? First they will feel ripped off and secondly why play Zelda on NX when you can play it on Wii U.

LegoNintendo12

LzWinky

Because Nintendo fans

RedDevilAde

TingLz wrote:

I don't think they did themselves any favours releasing SS in 2011 when the Wii was well past its best. With the benefit of hindsight I think that should have been a Wii U launch title, I see a similar situation here given the market penetration of the Wii U with LOZ as the only big franchise game left in Nintendo's arsenal left to release (seeing Star Fox, XCX Paper Mario, Mario Maker as B team releases in sales terms no matter how good they may be).

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Knux

Probably a 2016 release unless it's for NX which wouldn't likely happen and be a bad move anyway.

Knux

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic