Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,141 to 10,160 of 10,199

Haru17

I don't remember any standout ideas for what the amiibo could do, but I think I've found one. It's a bit tricky since the Link amiibos are bow and horse themed, but I want an amiibo that changes the look of Link's remote bomb to a physical one with a lit fuse. Instead of exploding on command it would have a set timer like the old bombs, but still roll around with the physics and create a lot of timing shenanigans for the player. With the rustic crafted bomb appearance in Twilight Princess and a smaller, fiery explosion effect, I think this could be a really neat extra thing in the vein of Wolf Link's amiibo.

Zelda: Has goat, is GOAT.

George4518

Has anyone seen any breath of the wild footage on wiiu recently? I plan on buying it on the wiiu but would like to know if the frame rate has improved, otherwise i will cancel my pre order and wait until i'm ready to buy a switch.

George4518

Meowpheel

I will keep my wiiu preorder. It's looking like it'll be the rarer version, and I already own a wiiu... The switch and its games are stupidly expensive here, so I don't think I'll be upgrading any time soon.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@George4518 We haven't seen the Wii U version since the E3 build. However, Nintendo said that the only differences are resolution (900p on Switch TV mode and 720p on the Wii U) and the Switch version has apparently higher quality sounds whatever that means. Other than that, the differences are that the Wii U version requires a 3GB install, no special editions available for Wii U, yada yada..

Octane

renaryuugufan92

@Octane Actually the last time we saw the Wii U version running was at the VGA2016

@Haru17 right? I can't wait to play Zelda on the switch come march 3rd.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & XBONE
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, og DS, og 3DS & XL.
Hybrid - Nintendo Switch (Pre-ordered)

Nintendo Network ID: Nick-kun13

yokokazuo

jump wrote:

What if I just leave it next to some baddies, or jump off a cliff, or put loads of metal on the horse during a storm, or walk the horse into a river, or throw a bomb at it, or make it stand on a fire and then can I eat it's corpse?

You can put loads of metal on your horse for lighting to strike, but you have to buy the horse armour DLC.

My backloggery
Fire Emblem Heroes ID: Canada 1340189847 Japan 7649035181
Mario Run Player ID: Canada 9995-7147-5869 Japan 9555-5715-5490
Fire Emblem Fates My Castle Address: 18070-29881-52164-62553
Splatoon rank: S+
Japanese Nintendo Network ID: NagoyaKazuo
3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664

Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Haru17

Boulder (1998)

Untitled

Boulder (2017)

Untitled

Spanjard

I'm so gonna use that boulder to smash Ganon's face...

I'm Mr. 2000! Hero of the famous european 3ds Direct! Honour me!

Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

erv

This game is going to make twilight princess look like a game boy game.

Edited on by erv

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Haru17

@erv Actually I don't think Breath of the Wild will have much bearing on Twilight Princess, seeing as it's seemingly adopting a completely different structure and setting itself up not to compete at all when it comes to dungeons. The only connection I can see there is the story (not likely to top it) and the mechanical complexity, Breath hopefully being the most complex Zelda and the one with the greatest range of interaction with the world with Twilight Princess coming in at second.

I think The Wind Waker — the last open world Zelda — has a much better chance of being directly improved upon by Breath of the Wild. Especially since Breath of the Wild seemingly has a lot of cutscenes compared to Wind Waker's few, a more dense and varied terrestrial world compared to Wind Waker's empty and homogenous ocean, and the paraglider and horse, more interesting methods of traversal which allow for melee and ranged combat options that The Wind Waker's boat did not.

Octane

@renaryuugufan92 Yeah, but that was the E3 build, it was an old demo. So while the Wii U games looked a bit dated in some areas, just keep in mind that we still have yet to see what has changed in the 8-9 months since E3.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Meowpheel I'm considering a similar plan, just replace "so I don't think I'll be upgrading any time soon" with "so I'll wait for my birthday". I'll still keep my preorder just in case I win the giveaway (preordering Switch from GAME gives you the chance of winning it) or change my mind.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Luna_110

I won't get the Switch day one, but I hope to get it in March when I travel, so I'll just wait to play Zelda on Switch. I have that nice special edition preordered!

Massive backlogs are a gamer's worst enemy.

The main reason of forest fires in summer is human carelessness. Be careful and do not start a fire when you go out for a picnic or on vacation!!

Now playing: Pokemon Moon, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186

Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

blaisedinsd

Anyone else think the timing of this season pass announcement is way to gently nudge Wii U owners to get this game on switch. It's one thing to play it on Wii U in March but to then have to hang on to your dead console till the end of the year to play more DLC is unappealing. If your going to get the DLC you may as well get it on switch.

I wasn't planning on getting a switch at launch but I was thinking I would probably get one by the time Super Mario Odyssey comes out and just play Zelda on Wii U, now if I want the good DLC in december I will have to play it on my Wii U or rebuy the game on switch and get the DLC there.

blaisedinsd

Meowpheel

So do you think people just throw their old consoles to the trash can after a new one gets released? Most gamers hold on to their "dead" consoles for far longer than a year.

It would be an incentive to get the switch version if the dlc was only available for that.

For me, it simply means I can comfortably enjoy the full game without spending 600+ dollars on a new console and a new game+dlc.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

blaisedinsd

No but I think plenty of people would like to store it away if its not being used for anything. Plenty of other people sell things when they are done with them. I am sure there are some who toss it in the garbage...thanks mom

I just think the strategy of something like Mario Kart 8 was so much better received. DLC announced after the game was out for awhile and made it fresh again. I just wonder why for the first time ever they announce a season pass before a game launches.

blaisedinsd

Tsurii

@Meowpheel duh, I threw the SNES I've had sitting under my TV for 17+ years away when I got a GameCube (screw the N64) as well

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

DefHalan

@blaisedinsd I am getting Zelda on Wii U, if I move on to the Switch before the DLC comes out, I will just buy Zelda for Switch. lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

blaisedinsd

@DefHalan Yeah I am getting it on Wii U as well but I either am not going to buy the DLC or keep my Wii U around. I will wait to see if its enticing when its actually out as all I really care about possibly is the new story new dungeon. I actually still play my Wii U fairly often and have a back catalog to play still but it is not played as much since we got a PS4 this past holiday. It might stick around at least as an off TV device and remote control maybe.

blaisedinsd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic