Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,681 to 5,700 of 27,917

SCRAPPER392

@UGXWolf
Ya, and Bomberman has story. It just didn't follow any particular line. R.O.B. is a robot that had 2 games.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

UGXwolf

SCAR392 wrote:

@UGXWolf
Ya, and Bomberman has story. It just didn't follow any particular line. R.O.B. is a robot that had 2 games.

ROB and G&W, as I already said, were major parts of Nintendo's history. They don't need a story because Nintendo /is/ their story, in a way. Or rather, G&W was Nintendo's entire Gen 2 output and ROB helped make the NES wildly successful in the West. This is not even close to the same argument you'd have to dredge up to argue Bomberman.

Anyways, I think we can at least agree Simon Belmont is probably the more noteworthy character of the two, and while Bomberman appeals better to younger crowds, Simon would fill the gap that Snake left on the older audience.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

@Maskeraid Taking it a bit too much on face-value there. Lemme rephrase that so it makes a little more sense to you:

Simon has a better chance of winning back some of the Snake fans than Bomberman does.

MrWalkieTalkie

So since Yoshi wasn't revealed yesterday, that can only mean one thing. That he'll be revealed later? No. It can only mean that YOSHI HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM SMASH BROS!!!!!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Because that's the #1 rule of Smash. If your favorite character hasn't been announced yet, then never get the game! Doesn't matter if they'll be revealed later, if they haven't been revealed RIGHT NOW, then refrain from buying FOREVER!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

UGXwolf

@MrWalkieTalkie

I think my favorite one is the guy that said "This makes no cents.Why". It's like he forgot halfway through the post how to English. And besides that, he seems to actually believe Yoshi isn't in the game. Oh, Miiverse~ You're like Nintendo's own little YouTube comment section~

Blast

Of course Yoshi is in the game.... I have no doubts about it.
If Snake IS in the game then Sakurai is a really nice guy...
If Snake ISN'T in the game then Sakurai is pretty much saying, "Screw you, Kojima. Show more support to the company I'm working for."

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SomeBitTripFan

DestinyMan wrote:

This is too good not to share. Check out this stained glass fan art of every character for Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U up to Diddy Kong.
Untitled

Bowser, Olimar, Fox, and Dedede are my favorites in that picture.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

DreamyViridi

And so, I continue to envy everyone who can draw so well... Love the picture.
It made me realise the game's character count. Currently at 24.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MegaStoneSmash91

DestinyMan wrote:

It's all impatience and greed boiled down into an ugly stew of immaturity.

Give this man a prize.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

SCRAPPER392

@UGXWolf
I understand R.O.B. and G&W are more important than Bomberman, but all the points you brought up of why he shouldn't be there aren't exactly convincing, especially when the alternative is that Belmont should be there, just because he's "mature". It's a good point, but let's not forget that the original discussion was that any other Konami character that has consistently been on Nintendo systems would/should be ther better decision.

It's all subjective. I think Bomberman has more place, then Simon, then a Contra character, and all these series are more prominent than MGS. At least we can agree that any of those characters have more place in Smash Bros, at this point.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

UGXwolf

SCAR392 wrote:

@UGXWolf
I understand R.O.B. and G&W are more important than Bomberman, but all the points you brought up of why he shouldn't be there aren't exactly convincing, especially when the alternative is that Belmont should be there, just because he's "mature". It's a good point, but let's not forget that the original discussion was that any other Konami character that has consistently been on Nintendo systems would/should be ther better decision.

It's all subjective. I think Bomberman has more place, then Simon, then a Contra character, and all these series are more prominent than MGS. At least we can agree that any of those characters have more place in Smash Bros, at this point.

Of course they aren't convincing. I thought I was operating under the assumption that nothing I say could disprove him being in. Just that it's a feeling.

Caryslan

DestinyMan wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So since Yoshi wasn't revealed yesterday, that can only mean one thing. That he'll be revealed later? No. It can only mean that YOSHI HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM SMASH BROS!!!!!

Untitled

Because that's the #1 rule of Smash. If your favorite character hasn't been announced yet, then never get the game! Doesn't matter if they'll be revealed later, if they haven't been revealed RIGHT NOW, then refrain from buying FOREVER!

And people wonder why Sakurai likes to tease his "fans." It's no wonder he likes to play around with ungrateful ones like these.

It's all impatience and greed boiled down into an ugly stew of immaturity. You'd have to be ignorant about Super Smash Bros. to assume that Yoshi, a character who was there since the beginning, would be dumped. I can't even consider such a prospect. Sure, I would've liked if Yoshi was revealed by now, but sooner or later, Yoshi will be shown in the new games. It might take until summer or it might even be on a random day. But until then, there's other new things to see.

Let's appreciate the fact that Sakurai showed something new every weekday this week.

You know what, I think its a good thing if these fans won't buy a game over a character who has 100% chance of coming back not getting reveled on a certain day. Saves the game for the mature fans who are happy with the reveals that are coming out every day.

As an Ike fan, this lack of maturity by these Yoshi fans is pathetic. I'm not saying all Yoshi fans are like this, but for the ones who honestly think this means he got cut, then I got a bridge in the middle of a desert to sell.

Here's the thing, Ike has not been confirmed yet. Each day, I hope for a reveal or word if he's coming back. Unlike Yoshi, he's on the bubble, and might very well be cut. But I don't go out and blast Sakurai for not showing off Ike. Heck, Ike may very well be one of the last characters who get revealed. There's a good chance he may not come back at all.

And while Ike getting cut would suck, I'm still getting Smash 4 because I love the gameplay of the series, the characters, and the overall quality of the games. Ike might get cut, but I have my other old characters like Link, Lucario, and Ganondorf to play as again. I have new characters to discover like Mega Man and Little Mac.

My point is this, Sakurai gives it his all when he makes these games. He's pouring all kinds of effort into making Smash 4. He does not have to give a pic of the day. He's doing this as a favor to the fans of Smash.

And people act like spoiled children when they don't get the reveal they want? Sakurai could very well do what other developers do and make his game without any reveals or info about it. How many games get a pic every single day with a tidbit of info during developement? Quick, someone show me Mario Kart 8's Pic of the day! Oh wait, they aren't doing that! And Pokemon X & Y was not showing off a new Pokemon of the Day before it came out!

Call of Duty does not have pics of the day either! Or any other franchise for that matter. This is something Sakurai does as a favor for the fans of Smash, just like the Dojo when Brawl was being developed. He does this because he likes to treat the fans of Smash to pictures and info 5 days a week!

I know people wanted to see Yoshi revealed, I get that. Tons of other fans want to see Ike, Captain Falcon, Roy, Ness, Wario, and other characters revealed. I don't floodMiiverse with posts like "SMASH IS DEAD TO ME! IKE HAS NOT BEEN SHOWN!"

Yoshi is a sure bet to make it back it, just like Diddy Kong was. We just have to wait for the reveal.

Although, if Wario is the next one shown I wonder if people will act like Wario coming back somehow means Yoshi is cut. You know, just like certain fans who assumed Mewtwo is not coming back since Lucario returned?

Either way, people can complain all they want. I'm still looking forward to an awesome game. And I'm grateful Sakurai likes his fans enough to share info on the newest Smash.

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

Blast

You know what I think is funny?
Nearly everyone who mains Pikachu always does the same strategy:
Run to opponents then THUNDER!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Caryslan

Blast wrote:

I have gotten so used to Pikachu players using Thunder when they pop me in the air, I can time it with Ike's counter. It's pretty funny, because the counter frames keep me from taking any damage while I land, but I can often punish Pikachu during the cool off after they use thunder.

Of course, if they pop me in the air as Fox or a character with a Reflector, I give Pikachu a taste of his own thunder:)

Caryslan

Blast

Caryslan wrote:

Blast wrote:

I have gotten so used to Pikachu players using Thunder when they pop me in the air, I can time it with Ike's counter. It's pretty funny, because the counter frames keep me from taking any damage while I land, but I can often punish Pikachu during the cool off after they use thunder.

Of course, if they pop me in the air as Fox or a character with a Reflector, I give Pikachu a taste of his own thunder:)

Hahahah nice.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

I know the game isn't out yet... but let's start some trash talking!!!
Peach and I are gonna take down EVERYBODY!!!
YA HEAR ME?!
I could be surrounded by Little Mac, Mega Man and Falco and I will STILL overcome the odds!!!
Peach and me will reign supreme!!!
MUAHAHAHAH!!!!

*Note I'm just playing around. I really am good with Peach though

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic