Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,021 to 5,040 of 27,917

SG9000

Rosalina wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

Or she could make up some king of BLACK HOLE!!!!!!!

JK, but it could still be a possibility, given the ending of the original Super Mario Galaxy

I think that's the most likely. She summons hundreds of Lumas that merge together and transform into a Black Hole that pulls everyone inward and all who fall in will be crushed by intense gravity and then the Black Hole will explode everyone out, plus some debris too. Here's the sequence I see.

1. The Lumas will gather towards Rosalina (where the hole will form), but also, the Lumas act as obstacles, since you can get hit by them and get pulled in closer to the black hole. They cause little damage.

2. The Black Hole forms and players take a 1-hit massive/quickly increase damage inside.

3. The Black hole explodes and players are sent flying. The debris can damage players who aren't caught by the black hole, causing moderate damage (players can shield it).

At least that's how I see it.
Untitled
Untitled

O_O

My mind is blown

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Tsuchinoko

SG9000 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Im not too concerned with the tripping mechanic, since it didnt bother me to much in brawl, im sure they wouldn't have a character be totally immune to it.
I thought the Diddy and Little Mac reveals were interesting, since Mac was revealed on Tropical Freezes Japanese release date, while Diddy war revealed on the western release. I would have thought they'd be reversed or something.

This, IMO, is a reference to Punch-Out!! Wii, as DK appears as a guest contestant

Oh i got that, the reason i thought they would be reversed is that since Tropical Freeze came out in japan first a rep from that game would be announced, with Little Mac being attached to the games western date since the character is associated with the west, his backstory, all the Mike Tyson stuff, and the fact that the Wii Punch Out was western developed.
Anyway, my main interest in the translator leak is my concern with which characters are getting cut.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

Never played a Punch Out game, it all makes sense in a way.
Oh, and sorry about not quoting, it just seems to take up way to much space on the page.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

2Sang

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Im not too concerned with the tripping mechanic, since it didnt bother me to much in brawl, im sure they wouldn't have a character be totally immune to it.
I thought the Diddy and Little Mac reveals were interesting, since Mac was revealed on Tropical Freezes Japanese release date, while Diddy war revealed on the western release. I would have thought they'd be reversed or something.

This, IMO, is a reference to Punch-Out!! Wii, as DK appears as a guest contestant

Oh i got that, the reason i thought they would be reversed is that since Tropical Freeze came out in japan first a rep from that game would be announced, with Little Mac being attached to the games western date since the character is associated with the west, his backstory, all the Mike Tyson stuff, and the fact that the Wii Punch Out was western developed.
Anyway, my main interest in the translator leak is my concern with which characters are getting cut.

Hmm, i suppose you haven't laid your eyes on this?
Untitled
Super Macho Man is the final opponent you face in this version.

That's pretty cool, I've never seen the japanese version before. How much do they usually cost for a used copy?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Romeo

Spuratis wrote:

@Romeo Well, they put it in Sub Wars, too. It's extremely annoying I agree, but at least it never pops up during or after matches. Only if you're at one of the selection screens. It shouldn't be in the game at all or if it is, give us the option to turn it off like you said. -_-

I could just imagine them putting it in SSB and having it pop up mid-match and say "Hey buddy, you've been playing a while, you should stop. Oh, you're dead now? Sorry about that, maybe you should have taken a break.".

if that were to happen... wow... but it wont, i'm 99% sure of it xD

but it's still annoying.. can you imagine getting that message whenever you've had 3 matches?
it's unbelievably annoying.. really makes me angry..

Romeo

MonocledMetroid

The reason Little Mac was revealed when he was is because the original arcade Punch-Out! was released in February 30 years ago.

MonocledMetroid

UGXwolf

I've never been too annoyed with the warnings of how long I've been playing. It hasn't shown up in DKCTF, yet, so I can't imagine why it'd show up in Smash 4, anyways. Even so, I just ignore the message. It's on the screen, then it's off again.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

SG9000

MonocledMetroid wrote:

The reason Little Mac was revealed when he was is because the original arcade Punch-Out! was released in February 30 years ago.

Makes sense..... Explain Rosalina now!

SG9000

whodatninja

SG9000 wrote:

MonocledMetroid wrote:

Isn't it obvious?

SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3 CONFIRMED!!!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

SG9000

whodatninja wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

MonocledMetroid wrote:

Isn't it obvious?

LOL!!! But seriously though, I would love it, but it doesn't prove the game's existence.....

SG9000

Snagrio

Am I the only one who's sort of grown to dislike weekends due to Sakurai's PotD?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

MrWalkieTalkie

SG9000 wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

MonocledMetroid wrote:

Isn't it obvious?

LOL!!! But seriously though, I would love it, but it doesn't prove the game's existence.....

I don't know. Rosalina has been prominently featured in games a lot recently. So perhaps there's a hint of Super Mario Galaxy 3? That, or Nintendo may be trying to push Rosalina as a main character now so we have 2 main princesses in main series Mario games. Basically make her the new Daisy but far more important and interesting to the franchise.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Shirma_Akayaku

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

MonocledMetroid wrote:

Isn't it obvious?

I don't know. Rosalina has been prominently featured in games a lot recently. So perhaps there's a hint of Super Mario Galaxy 3? That, or Nintendo may be trying to push Rosalina as a main character now so we have 2 main princesses in main series Mario games. Basically make her the new Daisy but far more important and interesting to the franchise.

Maybe they are trying to appeal to more girl gamers? I know it sounds weird, but when most of the playable characters are guys, it might make it hard for a girl to want to play. I'm not saying a girl should be limited to girl characters only, but it can feel difficult to choose from such a small pool of female characters. Honestly, I'm glad Nintendo is pushing her into the spotlight. After all, she represents one of the more modern franchises of the Mario Series.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Shirma_Akayaku

Plus, her height is pretty sexy to me.
Untitled

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Mickey

Rosalina wrote:

Maybe they are trying to appeal to more girl gamers? I know it sounds weird, but when most of the playable characters are guys, it might make it hard for a girl to want to play. I'm not saying a girl should be limited to girl characters only, but it can feel difficult to choose from such a small pool of female characters.

I'd just like to confirm that--as someone who grew up with four sisters--for the skeptics. It wasn't a big deal, and they did play as male characters from time to time, but, to this very day, they just prefer playing as female characters.

I'm not speaking for everybody here, I'm just saying that's the case sometimes.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Shirma_Akayaku

Mickey wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

Maybe they are trying to appeal to more girl gamers? I know it sounds weird, but when most of the playable characters are guys, it might make it hard for a girl to want to play. I'm not saying a girl should be limited to girl characters only, but it can feel difficult to choose from such a small pool of female characters.

I'd just like to confirm that--as someone who grew up with four sisters--for the skeptics. It wasn't a big deal, and they did play as male characters from time to time, but, to this very day, they just prefer playing as female characters.

I'm not speaking for everybody here, I'm just saying that's the case sometimes.

That's the same thing with my family. My sister & her two friends come over to play Super Mario 3D World. They always want to play as Rosalina or Peach. One of them is left choosing Toad, while I'm left with Mario or Luigi.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

SG9000

Rosalina wrote:

That's the same thing with my family. My sister & her two friends come over to play Super Mario 3D World. They always want to play as Rosalina or Peach. One of them is left choosing Toad, while I'm left with Mario or Luigi.

You make it look like Toad suck in that game. Why Toad?

And it's obvious they want to play as the princesses, they are overpowered in that game!!! (compared to the 3 guys)

SG9000

UGXwolf

SG9000 wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

And it's obvious they want to play as the princesses, they are overpowered in that game!!! (compared to the 3 guys)

Actually, Peach and Rosalina are slow as all hell. Peach can save your donkey with that float and Rosalina does have a double jump, but Weege has always been the most OP, IMO.

Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Shirma_Akayaku

UGXwolf wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

Actually, Peach and Rosalina are slow as all hell. Peach can save your donkey with that float and Rosalina does have a double jump, but Weege has always been the most OP, IMO.

Please watch the profanity — TBD

@theblackdragon I always thought TBD meant "To Be Determined". Ya know, to determine if what was said is sfw.
Well now I see it stands for your username. Took me 4 years to finally figure that out.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic