Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,721 to 26,740 of 27,917

Eel

I kind of can't tell the different between Brawl Samus and 4 Samus.

Specially in her powersuit.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

nuts

Super Smash Bros Brawl's graphics were the coolest in MY opinion. Now thats gotta be pretty cool haha.
I always thought having realistic up to date graphics were part of Smash Bros. No other Nintendo games did that with thier graphics nowadays. And having Smash bros break that cartoony only rule and for the characters too thats just awesome. Now ssb4 graphics got uninteresting. They took away part of what Super Smash Bros was. just like they did with Animal Crossing New leaf they took away the wacky writing and personality now that part of the game is just uninteresting.

Man now I really hope they release Braw for Virtual Console with GC adapter support. My discs broke! but 8gb that's alot

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

Eel

Then again, the only smash that went for the "slightly realistic" aesthetic was brawl.

The first two games made the characters look like toys. With melee in particular having a pretty strong "plastic" feel to them.

Bloop.

KO-Cub

I just want that Smash Direct, sooo baaaad. Stupid Brawl FD is so hype.
But if it's an entire direct about Smash4, then what would be involved in the direct apart from the ballot characters?
New game modes, Balancing (C'mon Mewtwo, C'mon Zelda, C'MON SAMUS!), more DLC probably, but what is there to talk about?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

IceClimbers

@KO-Cub: Same type of thing the one during E3 week talked about. Talks about new DLC characters, new stages, new Mii costumes, and probably the amiibo for Roy and Ryu.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Undead_terror

Would be nice if special matches were online and the 3DS got stamina matches at least, for miis I really been wanting boxing gear and a headband to fix and make a couple miis!, other then that you should know what I want!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Given new Splatoon content is stopping in January, I'm doubting there being any Smash DLC next year. Remember how in early 2015 we were so certain MK8 DLC packs 3 and 4 were happening and in May instead we got confirmation of the team working on mobile projects. Part of me is thinking maybe we're only getting 1 ballot character which took a gigantic lead several months before the end and the rest are like Roy where people didn't ask for them but it's still fanservice.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Undead_terror

@Grumblevolcano: Wasn't Splatoon content ending next January and not this January?, but ya, say we will only get a couple more packs, but after that hopefully there will at least be a couple to fix any bugs and to do any needed balancing before leaving.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Gridatttack

I think they will add more characters than just cloud and the ballot winner.
I'm sure they didn't add 6 slots for nothing.

They exactly added 3 slots mewtwo was out, for lucas, ryu and roy.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: Splatoon content was not said to be for sure stopping in January. Bill said that they'd continue until at least January. When the game launched they said through Summer. Then the August update came and they said through Fall. Now they're saying until at least January. I'd say it's more likely to continue after that than not.

Also, Mario Kart 8's DLC pattern is not indicative of how Smash's DLC will run. They are in no way related, meaning MK8's DLC is irrelevant here. Splatoon's content is also irrelevant to Smash DLC.

The only thing we can go off of is Smash DLC and what has been said about it.

First, Sakurai said (after Lucas/Roy/Ryu launched) that he can't keep the team around forever, so he can only make "several" more characters, and that everything from here on out is "fan service". There's been some concerns over the translation of "several" and "fan service", meaning that it may not have been an accurate translation, and we don't know what he meant if those are accurate.

Second, we know that there was a several month gap between the launch of Lucas/Roy/Ryu and the closing of the ballot. I find ot pretty hard to believe that they weren't working on characters during that time besides Cloud.

Third, we don't know when Cloud started development, for how long he was planned, or if he's a Ballot character. I doubt that he is one though.

Fourth, we know that the upcoming Smash Direct is the last one for the game. They did not however say that this will be the last of the Smash DLC.

Fifth, there are still two character slots left. One of those is still leftover from the Mewtwo patch in April. Or perhaps both, if Cloud is actually the third slot that was added in either the Tournament patch or the Mario Maker patch (forgot which).

Edited on by IceClimbers

Tsuchinoko

@Gridatttack: Yeah, with Cloud in there's supposed to be two open slots left.

As I remember in the Mewtwo patch there were character and stage slots added. For characters they added 7, Mewtwo plus 6 "Marios". We then got Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and Cloud. That leaves two.

For stages Im not 100%, but but I believe it was seven. For the 3ds version specifically. We got Peach's Castle, Hyrule, Dreamland 64, Suzaku Castle, Mario Maker, and Duck Hunt was added as a bonus, but didn't take up a slot since it was a free bonus for the lack of Pirate Ship. In the last DLC patch a new stage slot was added, which leaves us with two stages after Midgar.

@Iceclimbers Afaik no new character slots have been added since the Mewtwo patch, but we got one new stage slot recently so we know its possible.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Grumblevolcano

@Undead_terror: Shibata said January in the EU Direct so I think Bill was referring to January 2016 when saying "next January"

@IceClimbers: The reason I was thinking the end of Smash DLC was the content of the Direct all released straight after the presentation was due to the end of other DLC/content updates in addition to a lack of 2016 games for Wii U suggesting that the NX train maybe earlier than people expect, a full console reveal in February/March for example. I'd love to be wrong though, both in the form of NX news and Smash DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

I thought it takes about, between 1 year and 5 months to create a character.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: Oh they're definitely revealing the NX in February/March, or at least prior to E3. That does not mean that Smash DLC is ending with the upcoming Direct.

Gridatttack

@Tsuchinoko: Hmmm AFAIK, the six extra slots were added after Ryu and Roy got released?

Right now I think they are 5 slots left now that cloud is revealed, but I cant find the source anymore.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Tsuchinoko

@Gridatttack: nope. Before. Look up. We talked about it in detail on this thread as well.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Eel

Well... It's not like they can't add more spaces on the go. They'll probably want to keep the character selection screen(s) looking nice and uniform.

Bloop.

Tsuchinoko

@Morpheel: exactly. It is very possible the December direct is for the last DLC, but we still don't know for sure yet.

Unless there's a change in slots or future DLC, in December its most likely Cloud + two, and Midgar + one or two stages.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Pootypie

I wouldn't get my hopes up for adding even more slots... I wouldn't be surprised if we get only 2 more dlc characters, or even one. They won't keep adding them forever.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic