Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,901 to 17,920 of 27,917

Pootypie

Spanjard wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
Temple's Omega Form has a piece of the normal stage in the background.

Why is Marth colored?

Racist! No but seriously, Where is Marth is what I would like to know.

LOL good one

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

jariw

TheGreatGamer wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled

Why is Marth colored?

You mean the rainbow gradient behind Marth's face? That's the background used for FP.

jariw

CapeSmash

The only thing I see on Smashboards now are just threads complaining about on how someone got owned by Little Mac and Rosalina in For Glory. Or people complaining about Shulk because he isn't gimmicky enough. I swear, these types of casual players are more annoying than Melee elitists.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

This game looks graphically better than Mario Kart 8, and has a better artstyle than Smash 3DS. The 3DS version's artstyle doesn't feel all that vibrant. Kind of dark and glomy.

Smash Mains:

Grumblevolcano

SockoMario wrote:

This game looks graphically better than Mario Kart 8, and has a better artstyle than Smash 3DS. The 3DS version's artstyle doesn't feel all that vibrant. Kind of dark and glomy.

No chance, Mario Kart 8 looks much better visually. Compare Mario Kart 8's Mario Circuit in both games for example, in Smash Wii U it just looks odd whereas in MK8 it looks visually impressive.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

SockoMario wrote:

It looks sharper, since it's 1080p. For running on 720p however, MK8 looks exceptionally good in motion!

3DS is 240p but in 3D, so it should be compared to something else. I guess the primary focus on such a spec must be clarity.

jariw

twadebarcelona

I have won a pair of tickets for the Smash Bros event in London on Friday from Nintendo Life. The first reply that quotes this message and includes their email address will receive an email from me asking for the two names that you want on the guest list. As I will have to reply to Nintendo Life asap I will need you to reply to the email I send you really quickly. Good luck to you all.

twadebarcelona

3DS Friend Code: 5413-0014-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: twadepsvita | Twitter:

Justlink

twadezelda3dsxl wrote:

I have won a pair of tickets for the Smash Bros event in London on Friday from Nintendo Life. The first reply that quotes this message and includes their email address will receive an email from me asking for the two names that you want on the guest list. As I will have to reply to Nintendo Life asap I will need you to reply to the email I send you really quickly. Good luck to you all.

wish i lived in london!

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

cookiex

OMG.

There's Wonderful 101 music in the Mario Galaxy stage! <3

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

twadebarcelona

justlink wrote:

twadezelda3dsxl wrote:

wish i lived in london!

I was about to say that you would get them but then I read your reply. Sorry about that.

twadebarcelona

3DS Friend Code: 5413-0014-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: twadepsvita | Twitter:

Blast

I really do feel sorry for other Nintendo games releasing around Smash Wii U. I hope their sales are still good... even Watch Dogs for Wii U.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

@Blast You want the Wiiu version of watch dogs to sell well? Please tell me that's a joke.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

midnafanboy wrote:

@Blast You want the Wiiu version of watch dogs to sell well? Please tell me that's a joke.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MasterWario

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled

The bottom-left half is on the left.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

CapeSmash

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Untitled
My god! I think this is actually going to be my favorite stage, lol.

doesn't have gimmicky annoying stage hazards 0/10

Smash Mains:

Mikes

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Untitled
My god! I think this is actually going to be my favorite stage, lol.

Oh my. I'm going to have a blast playing on that stage.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

jariw

jariw wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

There is factual proof, namely that the 3DS and Wii U versions have the same characters hence as the starting roster was shown to have 40 (excluding Mii Fighters) then there's 8 unlockables as 3DS version has 48 characters (excluding Mii Fighters).

The factual proofs are:

• We haven't played the Wii U version
  • The press was only allowed to play the Wii U version for 3 hours in San Fransisco
  • An unreleased 1.0.3 update exists for the 3DS

The 1.0.3 update is apparently now live, so my previous point regarding an expanded roster isn't valid anymore.

jariw

LzWinky

What did you think the update was going to do?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jariw

WaLzgi wrote:

What did you think the update was going to do?

I thought one possible reason for 1.0.3 was to update the roster on the 3DS side at the time of the Wii U release to reflect a larger roster, so there were some unknown characters the time of the Wii U release. But that argument was now proven to be wrong.

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic