Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,881 to 17,900 of 27,917

2Sang

Gridatttack wrote:

Metroi wrote:

Who believes that Sakurai should have cut Dr Mario and other clones and instead focused on creating unique characters e.g Captain toad,Inklings,Paper Mario and what else would you add for dlc

Why does this still even persist.

Even if they cut the clones, there wouldn't have been enough time to do a completely new character.

Custom moves mostly destroy the clone aspect of the game. I think it should be based on character importance, instead. Dr. Mario and Lucina are both pretty important in gaming history (especially dr. mario) but dark pit is still a waste of a slot because he's not a recgonizable character aside from being related to Pit. It would have been better if Sakurai used Lucas or Wolf instead of dark pit, same amount of time and effort needed, but he would have pleased many more fans by bringing back either lucas wolf or both.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

IceClimbers

2Sang wrote:

Gridatttack wrote:

Metroi wrote:

Who believes that Sakurai should have cut Dr Mario and other clones and instead focused on creating unique characters e.g Captain toad,Inklings,Paper Mario and what else would you add for dlc

Even if they cut the clones, there wouldn't have been enough time to do a completely new character.

Custom moves mostly destroy the clone aspect of the game. I think it should be based on character importance, instead. Dr. Mario and Lucina are both pretty important in gaming history (especially dr. mario) but dark pit is still a waste of a slot because he's not a recgonizable character aside from being related to Pit. It would have been better if Sakurai used Lucas or Wolf instead of dark pit, same amount of time and effort needed, but he would have pleased many more fans by bringing back either lucas wolf or both.

Lucina and Dark Pit are equally relevant to gaming history. As in, neither are that relevant. Dark Pit is just as recognizable as Lucina is. That's as far as I'm going to go with this, as this debate is just a giant circle that reappears every so often.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CapeSmash

Metroi wrote:

Dr. Mario isn't even a straight-up clone. He's a semi-clone. Also, Dr. Mario is awesome, and you know it!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

2Sang

IceClimbers wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Gridatttack wrote:

Metroi wrote:

Lucina and Dark Pit are equally relevant to gaming history. As in, neither are that relevant. Dark Pit is just as recognizable as Lucina is. That's as far as I'm going to go with this, as this debate is just a giant circle that reappears every so often.

more
Lucina played a role for the game mechanic of having kids, which will likely be in future fe games. She's much more important than dark pit, who as playing through the entire uprising game,can't even say I remember him aside from a few short battles.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

Mikes

19Robb92 wrote:

Cool, it's always nice to see a new IP get some representation other than just a trophy.

Definitely! The music fits perfectly on that stage, too.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

LzWinky

Lucina and Dark Pit are equally relevant...wut? Okay, Lucas is not that relevant. Ness is not relevant. Ice Climbers are surely not relevant. The list goes on

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NintendoFan64

WaLzgi wrote:

Lucina and Dark Pit are equally relevant...wut? Okay, Lucas is not that relevant. Ness is not relevant. Ice Climbers are surely not relevant. The list goes on

Hold on, let me help you with that: Captain Falcon, Mr. Game and Watch, this game's version of Pacman, R.O.B., Duck Hunt , and wether or not Megaman's still relevant is debatable. Relevance clearly means nothing in Smash Bros.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

NintendoFan64 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Hold on, let me help you with that: Captain Falcon, Mr. Game and Watch, this game's version of Pacman, R.O.B., Duck Hunt , and wether or not Megaman's still relevant is debatable. Relevance clearly means nothing in Smash Bros.

Naturally...but Duck Hunt is the best character

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Undead_terror

WaLzgi wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Naturally...but Duck Hunt is the best character

Indead!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Pootypie

No... Captain Falcon is the best!!!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Undead_terror wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Yet you have a ROB avatar...for shame!

Dangit man, ROB is my second best what you want me to do?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Undead_terror

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

You need to show yo moves!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

2Sang

Undead_terror wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

You need to show yo moves!

you made me lol

2Sang

WaLzgi wrote:

Modern relevancy and historical relevance are 2 different things. Ness for example has earned relevance for the cult-like fanbase and Ice Climbers earned relevance for being an NES launch title and being one of the very first vertical sidescrollers. Neither are really relevant today, but they have earned their keep to be a mainstay. That's why I was so against greninja, because he has not earned his keep yet. I think he'll be a great character once he proves his importance, but for now he's just about the same as vanilluxe, with the only distinguishable characterisitics being him (or so I've been told) in a pokemon movie.

JunkosBoobies

NintendoFan64 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Yeah. In fact, Ike is not that relevant, and yet he got into Smash Bros. 4. (That doesn't mean I don't like using him, and yes, he was Spotpass DLC in Awakening but you couldn't technically see him in-game otherwise)

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
Temple's Omega Form has a piece of the normal stage in the background.

Well that's a nice little detail. Also, since they're remaking certain returning stages in HD, do you think that increases the chances of Fountain of Dreams and Fourside coming back?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled

Why is Marth colored?

Pootypie

JoyBoy

TheGreatGamer wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled

Why is Marth colored?

Racist! No but seriously, Where is Marth is what I would like to know.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic