Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Meat Boy for Wii U?

Showing 1 to 20 of 20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blizzaga

1. Posted:

Super Meat Boy is an excellent game. I was really looking forward to seeing it released for WiiWare and among those who were heartbroken when we were told that it wasn't going to happen. I can understand why it didn't. But the Wii U eShop is the perfect opportunity to see this amazing game on a Nintendo console at last!

What do you guys think? And I mean, beyond reduntant "never gonna happen" posts. :P

www.youtube.com/user/BlizzagaLantean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

2. Posted:

Blizzaga wrote:

What do you guys think? And I mean, beyond reduntant "never gonna happen" posts. :P

You mean like this: "ha ha ha ha NO!":P Team meat & nintendo had a bad relationship since that happened! So no super meat boy for wii u.:P

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xilef

3. Posted:

Doesn't Team Meat and Nintendo have a pretty rocky relationship? I wouldn't keep my hopes up- Want it to happen though.

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blizzaga

4. Posted:

I'm also wondering if Team Meat can't do it because of a deal with Microsoft? I'm not saying that one exists, but that's why we won't be seeing Minecraft on Wii U, so I wonder if it's the same with Super Meat Boy.

www.youtube.com/user/BlizzagaLantean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xilef

5. Posted:

Isn't Meat Boy on Steam also?

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blizzaga

6. Posted:

Yeah. But I'm not a PC gamer.

www.youtube.com/user/BlizzagaLantean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xilef

7. Posted:

Yes, but what i meant so say is that if it is on Steam then there is probably not a contract with Microsoft holding them down.

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blizzaga

8. Posted:

Ah, my bad.

www.youtube.com/user/BlizzagaLantean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

teus

9. Posted:

Xilef wrote:

Yes, but what i meant so say is that if it is on Steam then there is probably not a contract with Microsoft holding them down.

but the thing is most contracts usually exclude the pc... so its still quite possible to have an exclusive with microsoft but still release it on the pc

NintendoID: Lazymutant

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

10. Posted:

Well I know that Team Meat's twitter once tweeted "And we're developing it for Wii U!" What is "it", I'm not so sure, they werent specific....

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo, Dillon, Mallo, Wonder-Red, and Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Bagel

11. Posted:

I thought it wasn't on Wiiware just because of the size limitations. If it happens, there'll probably be some issue with characters, since most are already Xbox/PC game characters. And I don't think Nintendo would allow Mario and friends to die in bursts of blood.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Keithmc
My alt account: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blizzaga

12. Posted:

I once asked Team Meat in a live stream thing they were doing if they would make it for the Wii U. They said no. But that was a looong time ago. Long before any of us knew anything about the eShop.

www.youtube.com/user/BlizzagaLantean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

13. Posted:

Ketchupcat wrote:

I thought it wasn't on Wiiware just because of the size limitations. If it happens, there'll probably be some issue with characters, since most are already Xbox/PC game characters. And I don't think Nintendo would allow Mario and friends to die in bursts of blood.

None of those characters are held down by contract. Heck, the first one you unlock is Commander Video, which is pretty much only on Nintendo platforms (ignoring PC and iOS). The guy from Braid, the Castle Crasher, Alien Hominid aren't holding them back.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

14. Posted:

super meat boy, i looked at it, and threw up. no offense.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

15. Posted:

PhoenixUltra wrote:

super meat boy, i looked at it, and threw up. no offense.

Actually, I am very offended.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

16. Posted:

it looks bad, never liked any eshop games, i only buy retail games.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

17. Posted:

PhoenixUltra wrote:

it looks bad, never liked any eshop games, i only buy retail games.

Quite an unusual disposition. Do you mean to say that eShop titles don't intrest you solely due to the fact they are download only?

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xBASSxMONSTAx

18. Posted:

Super meat boy team are to busy working on an iOS port for iPhone n ipad. But I would love it to be released on the wii-U, you could play it portable with the gamepad without using the TV. Also just think of the funny pics users will create on miiverse.

I'm gonna tweet #SuperMeatBoy with a request

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

19. Posted:

Team Meat doesn't have a bad relationship with Nintendo. It didn't come to the Wii because of size limitations. This game isn't coming to Wii U though. They said they're tired of working with this game.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

20. Posted:

PhoenixUltra wrote:

super meat boy, i looked at it, and threw up. no offense.

I think that was the initial reaction they were going for, actually.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~