Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,409

OptometristLime

GamecubeLad wrote:

Comparing 3D Land soundtrack can make a lot games soundtrack seem legendary. The same song was okay at first. Than I heard it in almost every single level..... ummmm.... that pretty lazy. At least NSMB2's recyled songs werr remixed.
@KKSlider

Lazy is making accusations based on your fallible memories, rather than a more definitive source.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

nintendofanlp

@NintySince96 Sunshine was definitely awesome! One of my favorite childhood games...

I do let's plays on youtube, mostly Mario and Donkey Kong games! Feel free to check them out and have a few laughs along the way: http://www.youtube.com/nintendofanlp

3DS Friend Code: 3437-4200-0771 | Nintendo Network ID: therailfanner

skywake

CM30 wrote:

You've seen maybe four levels, and you're using that to judge the entire game. Yeah, real fair thing to say there.

For all we know, many of the later levels and bosses could be extremely interesting. Just like how in Galaxy 1 and 2, many of the better levels and bosses came quite later in the adventure, with the quality of the level design generally getting better as you approached the final boss.

Well there are some sections they've shown that are very much like Galaxy. Riding on the dragon-fish-thing's back and the boss with the snakes that have plates on their heads. That's about at Mario Galaxy standard and if they can do new things along those lines then it'll be a very good game.

..... but I think it's worth remembering what they showed from Galaxy at this stage. Look it up on youtube

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

GamecubeMan

OptometristLime wrote:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Comparing 3D Land soundtrack can make a lot games soundtrack seem legendary. The same song was okay at first. Than I heard it in almost every single level..... ummmm.... that pretty lazy. At least NSMB2's recyled songs werr remixed.
@KKSlider

Lazy is making accusations based on your fallible memories, rather than a more definitive source.

Such, negative diction choices! I call it more of a hypthosis. Considering that so far: a lot of mario games this genearion have been playing it safe.

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

OptometristLime

GamecubeLad wrote:

OptometristLime wrote:

GamecubeLad wrote:

@KKSlider

Such, negative diction choices! I call it more of a hypthosis. Considering that so far: a lot of mario games this genearion have been playing it safe.

You're right, it was a bit of a cheeky reply; I was just a little taken aback at your specific critique.

My only purpose in saying that, was to challenge you to play through some of those levels again and indeed, test that hypothesis!

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Geonjaha

In response to anyone still asking why people are somewhat critical of this new Mario game:

SMB: First Mario Platformer on NES, innovative and awesome.
SMB 2: Introduced multiple characters, very different mechanics/graphics.
SMB 3: Improved a lot on initial concepts, widely regarded as a great game.
SMW: Significantly different to SMB3 but equally as good.
SMW 2: Instant classic, nothing like the games that came before it.
SM 64: Introduced large 3D levels, getting stars instead of simply finishing levels.

I think you get the general idea, Sunshine and Galaxy included.

NSMB: Return of the series, not much new, but good minigames.
NSMB Wii: Pretty much the same, no minigames, with multiplayer.
NSMB 2: Minigames still gone, still same graphics and music, boring coin focus.
NSMB U: Same graphical assets, same music, getting the picture yet?
SM 3D Land: 3D game but still with levels, nothing innovative.
SM 3D World: NSMB treatment of 3D Land, added multiplayer and some new stuff.

Yes, Super Mario 3D World will be fun, of course it will, but you know what would be more fun? Something new. Compare the differences in the games on the top half of the list to the ones on the bottom and the problem becomes blindingly obvious.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Electricmastro

I am not denying that 3D World won't have top notch quality or lack of fun, it seems well done. I'm just naturally thinking in my head that I wanted an open world adventure since it's been over 10 years since we last had one, oh well.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Mickey

@NintySince96 and @nintendofanlp People are allowed to have opinions. You liked Super Mario Sunshine? Great! Some people didn't. You're gonna run into some people in life that have opinions that differ from yours. Just play it cool and respect their opinion.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

NinChocolate

People want a re-skin of galaxy probably just setting it in a "64-like" mushroom kingdom. I'm sure it might happen one day.

I enjoyed and played 3D land more than any past 3D mario so a grander console version of that is certainly an instant classic in my collection.

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

nintendofanlp

Mickey wrote:

@NintySince96 and @nintendofanlp People are allowed to have opinions. You liked Super Mario Sunshine? Great! Some people didn't. You're gonna run into some people in life that have opinions that differ from yours. Just play it cool and respect their opinion.

I always respect people's opinions. I was never disrespecting anyone, or bashing, or saying oh you don't know what you're talking about. I was just agreeing with @NintySince96 that Sunshine was a great game is all...

I do let's plays on youtube, mostly Mario and Donkey Kong games! Feel free to check them out and have a few laughs along the way: http://www.youtube.com/nintendofanlp

3DS Friend Code: 3437-4200-0771 | Nintendo Network ID: therailfanner

FireMario887

I too really like Sunshine. Good levels, great hub world, and (You may find this odd about me) the story was interesting. Great game.

FireMario887

Electricmastro

Varia01 wrote:

I too really like Sunshine. Good levels, great hub world, and (You may find this odd about me) the story was interesting. Great game.

Now that you mention it...

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

FireMario887

Electricmastro wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

Now that you mention it...

Untitled

Oh wow, that is interesting. Plus I found Mickey Mouse, Batman, Pikachu, and Orko (From He-Man). Wait is that Orko? Why is Samus at the bottom?

FireMario887

WebHead

I respect opinions, but i think the negativity is a bit excessive with this title. Did you guys really think you were gonna get Super Mario 64 U?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

WebHead

Reggie once said gamers are insatiable. He coudn't be closer to the truth. :/

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

ThePirateCaptain

If you all can take a break from the negative comments toward this game, i'd like to remind you that the Wii U isn't exactly doing great as of now, so can you really blame Nintendo for playing it safe? Yeah, we all would have loved a spiritual successor to Mario 64, but Nintendo is still a company that needs to make money. The 3D Mario games don't sell quite the numbers that the 2D games do, and with the success of Super Mario 3D Land, it's pretty obvious why Nintendo played it safe here.

Just something to think about before you complain about wanting a different style Mario game again.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Electricmastro

WebHead wrote:

I respect opinions, but i think the negativity is a bit excessive with this title. Did you guys really think you were gonna get Super Mario 64 U?

No, I just expected an open world Mario game LIKE Super Mario 64.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Bronies4ever

I hope there's drama in this game

Bronies4ever

Bronies4ever

Or at least a celebrity guest voice

Bronies4ever

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.