Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 141 to 160 of 1,629

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

141. Posted:

Went to Best buy to play this game, gonna enjoy the Cat Suit. (also got StreetPass overload on my 3DS, lol)
I wonder if I'm gonna show up in any Youtube videos now...xD (lots of people recording too)
I was playing as Mario, just being a random goofball during the level....it was funny.

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

NintySince96

142. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land was the first 3D Mario game I didn't play..because it looked extremely plain and boring
I can say the same about this game...doesn't look like much thought was put into the design. Super Mario Sunshine and the Mario Galaxy games were FULL of personality, with every level having unique designs and ambiance. This game just looks TOO Mario.

This is how I feel. But I've decided there's no use complaining anymore. The single-player gamer just really isn't a priority anymore. As long as Nintendo puts in a gimmick like a cat suit, clear pipes, and mediocre multiplayer they know they will sell games. No matter how generic or uninspired. Majority rules.

I'm thankful for the past 17 years since Mario 64, but I just have to come to terms with the fact that those days are over and this is what we're getting from now on.

Give it a shot (3D Land, that is). I despised it at first but ended up loving it.

Oh, I'm sure it's a fun little game. I actually love 3D land. But I love it as a handheld game. The main source of disappointment came from the fact that we've become so accustomed to more interesting and detailed worlds with our 3D Mario. This is a solid game I'm sure, but compared to Galaxy or Sunshine, it just seems a little bland. I mean, look at shiverburn galaxy or pinna park, you don't see anything coming close to those two levels in imagination and setting. What about looking out from Sirena beach and seeing the ferris wheel of Pinna Park in the distance in the sunset? I just don't see how anybody can remember those settings and details and still be excited about novelties like a catsuit and clear pipes.

Edited on by NintySince96

NintySince96

AuthorMessage

CM30

143. Posted:

You've seen maybe four levels, and you're using that to judge the entire game. Yeah, real fair thing to say there.

For all we know, many of the later levels and bosses could be extremely interesting. Just like how in Galaxy 1 and 2, many of the better levels and bosses came quite later in the adventure, with the quality of the level design generally getting better as you approached the final boss.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

NintySince96

144. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

You've seen maybe four levels, and you're using that to judge the entire game. Yeah, real fair thing to say there.

For all we know, many of the later levels and bosses could be extremely interesting. Just like how in Galaxy 1 and 2, many of the better levels and bosses came quite later in the adventure, with the quality of the level design generally getting better as you approached the final boss.

Yes, there will be some variation. But, do you honestly expect it to be that totally different? Like I said, it won't be a bad game at all from a technical standpoint. But let's be honest and call it what it is. It's NSMB on a 3D plane or 3D Land on a console. The game isn't going to be bad at all. But it's woefully underachieving for the Wii U hardware.

If other people like it then I'm glad. They're entitled to their opinion. But I'm just saying I'm going to miss the detailed atmospheres of the 3D Mario's before this one.

Edited on by NintySince96

NintySince96

AuthorMessage

Bronies4ever

145. Posted:

I would laugh if Daisy is the one who gets captured

Bronies4ever

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

146. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Dev wrote:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Well at least the music in the trailer; is jazzy.

The theme has been stuck in my head since I've watched the trailer the second time.

Let's hope this game gets a fully original soundtrack. :O

Dont even get me started on the music....... if anything this title is going to be the NSMB2 of the 3D Marios. :O

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

147. Posted:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Dont even get me started on the music....... if anything this title is going to be the NSMB2 of the 3D Marios. :O

this game has original bosses and Peach so it's already better by default. That's not saying much but still...

Super Mario 3D Land's soundtrack was legitimately great so I high expectations in that regard for this game.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

148. Posted:

Comparing 3D Land soundtrack can make a lot games soundtrack seem legendary. The same song was okay at first. Than I heard it in almost every single level..... ummmm.... that pretty lazy. At least NSMB2's recyled songs werr remixed. :P
@KKSlider

Gamecubeloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

149. Posted:

it could be reused a tad bit too much but otherwise I completely disagree...in this regard at least. The soundtrack really helped elevate this game over the NSMB games because it made it feel more genuine instead of feeling like a game made by the marketing team. This sounded like the type of music Koji Kondo would put in a retro inspired Mario game despite it not actually being him as the composer, which really surprised me.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

150. Posted:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Comparing 3D Land soundtrack can make a lot games soundtrack seem legendary. The same song was okay at first. Than I heard it in almost every single level..... ummmm.... that pretty lazy. At least NSMB2's recyled songs werr remixed. :P
@KKSlider

Lazy is making accusations based on your fallible memories, rather than a more definitive source. :p

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

nintendofanlp

151. Posted:

@NintySince96 Sunshine was definitely awesome! One of my favorite childhood games...

I do let's plays on youtube, mostly Mario and Donkey Kong games! Feel free to check them out and have a few laughs along the way: http://www.youtube.com/nintendofanlp

3DS Friend Code: 3437-4200-0771 | Nintendo Network ID: therailfanner

AuthorMessage

skywake

152. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Well there are some sections they've shown that are very much like Galaxy. Riding on the dragon-fish-thing's back and the boss with the snakes that have plates on their heads. That's about at Mario Galaxy standard and if they can do new things along those lines then it'll be a very good game.

..... but I think it's worth remembering what they showed from Galaxy at this stage. Look it up on youtube

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

153. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

GamecubeLad wrote:

@KKSlider

Lazy is making accusations based on your fallible memories, rather than a more definitive source. :p

Such, negative diction choices! I call it more of a hypthosis. Considering that so far: a lot of mario games this genearion have been playing it safe.

Edited on by GamecubeMan

Gamecubeloggery

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

154. Posted:

GamecubeLad wrote:

OptometristLime wrote:

GamecubeLad wrote:

@KKSlider

Such, negative diction choices! I call it more of a hypthosis. Considering that so far: a lot of mario games this genearion have been playing it safe.

You're right, it was a bit of a cheeky reply; I was just a little taken aback at your specific critique.

My only purpose in saying that, was to challenge you to play through some of those levels again and indeed, test that hypothesis! :D

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

155. Posted:

Yeah, 3D Land's soundtrack was complete Bowser dookie, aside from the catchy yet mediocre main stage track i can't seem to remember the rest. There hasn't been a great 2D Mario score since World. The NSMB series music is completely rehashed, and just isn't in league, although I really dig the underwater tunes. :*

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

156. Posted:

In response to anyone still asking why people are somewhat critical of this new Mario game:

SMB: First Mario Platformer on NES, innovative and awesome.
SMB 2: Introduced multiple characters, very different mechanics/graphics.
SMB 3: Improved a lot on initial concepts, widely regarded as a great game.
SMW: Significantly different to SMB3 but equally as good.
SMW 2: Instant classic, nothing like the games that came before it.
SM 64: Introduced large 3D levels, getting stars instead of simply finishing levels.

I think you get the general idea, Sunshine and Galaxy included.

NSMB: Return of the series, not much new, but good minigames.
NSMB Wii: Pretty much the same, no minigames, with multiplayer.
NSMB 2: Minigames still gone, still same graphics and music, boring coin focus.
NSMB U: Same graphical assets, same music, getting the picture yet?
SM 3D Land: 3D game but still with levels, nothing innovative.
SM 3D World: NSMB treatment of 3D Land, added multiplayer and some new stuff.

Yes, Super Mario 3D World will be fun, of course it will, but you know what would be more fun? Something new. Compare the differences in the games on the top half of the list to the ones on the bottom and the problem becomes blindingly obvious.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

157. Posted:

I am not denying that 3D World won't have top notch quality or lack of fun, it seems well done. I'm just naturally thinking in my head that I wanted an open world adventure since it's been over 10 years since we last had one, oh well.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legendary Starfy, Pac-Man World, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, SteamWorld Dig and Wario Land 4.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Mickey

158. Posted:

@NintySince96 and @nintendofanlp People are allowed to have opinions. You liked Super Mario Sunshine? Great! Some people didn't. You're gonna run into some people in life that have opinions that differ from yours. Just play it cool and respect their opinion.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

159. Posted:

People want a re-skin of galaxy probably just setting it in a "64-like" mushroom kingdom. I'm sure it might happen one day.

I enjoyed and played 3D land more than any past 3D mario so a grander console version of that is certainly an instant classic in my collection.

Edited on by Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

nintendofanlp

160. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@NintySince96 and @nintendofanlp People are allowed to have opinions. You liked Super Mario Sunshine? Great! Some people didn't. You're gonna run into some people in life that have opinions that differ from yours. Just play it cool and respect their opinion.

I always respect people's opinions. I was never disrespecting anyone, or bashing, or saying oh you don't know what you're talking about. I was just agreeing with @NintySince96 that Sunshine was a great game is all...

I do let's plays on youtube, mostly Mario and Donkey Kong games! Feel free to check them out and have a few laughs along the way: http://www.youtube.com/nintendofanlp

3DS Friend Code: 3437-4200-0771 | Nintendo Network ID: therailfanner