Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,409

supermariogamer

i cant wait for this game!!!!!!

supermariogamer

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9477-2518 | Nintendo Network ID: meachfan

GTWarrior77

I'm one of the guys who wanted something different to what was presented at E3.
Nintendo needs to stabilize its profits and recover from its losses in recent times. So naturally they are going to play it safe and target the masses which might irritate the gamers of old among us. I believe once this phase is over they will be in a position to take greater risk with new ideas. Also, if Nintendo does not take care of its finances now, we might not have a Nintendo in the future and that's much worse than the current state of affairs. Don't get me wrong, I think this Mario game will be a very good game to play, just not exactly what I (and many others) wanted. But for those who feel this way, if we endure for a little while longer, I believe we will get what we want at the end.

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

Tasuki

Varia01 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

I too really like Sunshine. Good levels, great hub world, and (You may find this odd about me) the story was interesting. Great game.

Now that you mention it...

Untitled

Oh wow, that is interesting. Plus I found Mickey Mouse, Batman, Pikachu, and Orko (From He-Man). Wait is that Orko? Why is Samus at the bottom?

That's not Orko that's the black mage from Final Fantasy.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

GamecubeMan

[quote=Varia01]

Electricmastro wrote:

Now that you mention it...

Untitled

This was my first video game! 0,0
Anyway, back to the topic at hand: this game is going to suck!

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Innit

From what I've seen, the game looks extremely drivative and without anything special. Simple, solid, good fun but nothing inspiring.

I can't imagine EAD Tokyo doing just that, though.

Innit

NinChocolate

Iwata confidently said this was the next step forward for the series. Given the desperation with Wii U sales I don't think he's kidding around with that. No sir.

NinChocolate

JoyBoy

So does your contribution to the topic at hand.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

GamecubeMan

Longforgotten wrote:

Thats kind if the point. You see, naturally as a Nintendo fanboy I have high expectations for a 3D Mario title. After all, a 3D Mario was my first video game. So while you guys are all hyped up over a game that will probably end up with medicore scores for a 3D Mario. I will depart from even giving this thread life by commenting on it! Good day sir!

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

CorporalPegasus

Untitled
Please stop hating this game before its even released! Geez.

IGOR!

WebHead

CorporalPegasus wrote:

Untitled

This. This so much. Okay fine, it's not a big open world game. But come on....a multiplayer 3D Mario where each character is unique? You aren't going to tell me that isn't awesome. And you guys would have complained if it was Galaxy 3 as anyway lol.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Geonjaha

CapnPancakes wrote:

If you all can take a break from the negative comments toward this game, i'd like to remind you that the Wii U isn't exactly doing great as of now, so can you really blame Nintendo for playing it safe?

Yeah...except the Wii U isn't doing very well because it doesn't have enough good games. All hardcore Nintendo fans are going to buy the console for the new Mario game anyway. Anyone outside that demographic isn't going to be convinced with another standard Mario level based Platformer.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

GamecubeMan

CorporalPegasus wrote:

Untitled

If I had a penny for every time that gif was used on NL. I would have 62¢

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

OptometristLime

GamecubeLad wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

Thats kind if the point. You see, naturally as a Nintendo fanboy I have high expectations for a 3D Mario title. After all, a 3D Mario was my first video game. So while you guys are all hyped up over a game that will probably end up with medicore scores for a 3D Mario. I will depart from even giving this thread life by commenting on it! Good day sir!

You might find that you are neither the only, nor the greatest Nintendo fan on this website! Which you may take simply to mean that you are no more qualified than another to pass judgement here. It bewilders me to think you would desire a bitter end for this product, despite the fact that many fans are still anticipating it eagerly.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

CowLaunch

The problem with this game is, could it have been achieved on the 3DS? Wii? Gamecube? Yes, Yes, Probably.

I know they shifted consoles with this kind of game before, but if you were a parent whose son or daughter already has a Wii and 3DS with these kind of games, would you get them a Wii U as well? I think there's a possibility of diminishing returns with this sort of tactic. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze looks good, but why spend $200 on a Wii U, to play a game that will probably be released on the 3DS anyway?

Not being a businessman myself, I would defer to Nintendo's expertise, except that they have made spectacularly bad decisions from a position of strength before.

CowLaunch

KaiserGX

Peeps don't want more the same yet you want a 3rd Galaxy? I don't understand you people sometimes. Well w.e I learned to not care what about what you kiddies like anymore. You'll all over the page. I just want some entertainment. These are still games, toys.

Besides you people kept whinnying for Mario Bros. 2 and this game looks to be heavily inspired by it... same thing that happened with the Koopalings. Nintendo's better off doing their thing instead of listening to everyone around. That's when you get new things. Though people don't like when something is new and want the old back. You get the old and you say it isn't new. No one can ever truly win..."

Like I said before I never compare games to others. I don't care if this game could be done on the Wii, 3DS or even the Gameboy. Every game I play, I play in the moment. I have fun (or sometimes I don't). You'll have a lot more enjoyment if you stop thinking about these kinds of things. Then it just ruins your mindset and your always looking for something to hate about it. Everyone's always so negative. Though like one Japanese guy once said..

"They will remember me from the 3 battles I lost, not the 300 I won".

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

GamecubeMan

To be honest, I was look foward to the 3D Mario to see how Mario would evolve this generation. This whole game seems like a recycled 3D Land. The difference between 64 and Sunshine is HUGE. Same goes for Sunshine and Galaxy. The music is probably going to be recycled with more of a jazz feel to it. But that already been done: Super Mario 3D Land.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

KaiserGX

I was look forward to new country, yes? I thought Sunshine be like... game as 64. You go into level you collect stars yes? Make a new different with water and gravity... but goal still same. Me am glad to be in America. were I cans enjoys the video games. Thank you Nintendo Land for allowing me to talk to your people around the world. I am grateful for the live.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

19Robb92

CorporalPegasus wrote:

That's not a legit picture in this case since this is a sequel building on the same mechanics of a previous title. If you've played the 3DS title, you can know what to expect from this one. Which means people can have legit concerns about it even though it has just been announced.

GamecubeLad wrote:

If I had a penny for every time that gif was used on NL. I would have 62¢

You'd have nothing, since it isn't a gif

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.