Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,580

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

121. Posted:

You know what I'm a bit curious about?

What the storyline is here. Is Bowser still involved? Does someone get kidnapped now that Peach is playable? Or is it like a spiritual successor to Super Mario Bros 2 complete with the return of Wart?

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

122. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

You know what I'm a bit curious about?

What the storyline is here. Is Bowser still involved? Does someone get kidnapped now that Peach is playable? Or is it like a spiritual successor to Super Mario Bros 2 complete with the return of Wart?


You can see at 35 seconds in the video the Bowser symbol so I'm sure he's still the main villain.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo, Dillon, Mallo, Wonder-Red, and Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

123. Posted:

Dev wrote:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Well at least the music in the trailer; is jazzy.

The theme has been stuck in my head since I've watched the trailer the second time.

Let's hope this game gets a fully original soundtrack. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiULoveGBA

124. Posted:

Check out World 6-3 gameplay:
http://www.gamexplain.com/article-1060-1371014469-e3-2013-sup...
This vertical style of level design gets me more excited than walking around spheres and cylinders.

Also cat tree suits will greatly up the replayability of this mario for me more than most 3D Mario's to say nothing of the multiplayer features.

Still hyped!

My other console is a next gen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

125. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

CM30 wrote:

You know what I'm a bit curious about?

What the storyline is here. Is Bowser still involved? Does someone get kidnapped now that Peach is playable? Or is it like a spiritual successor to Super Mario Bros 2 complete with the return of Wart?


You can see at 35 seconds in the video the Bowser symbol so I'm sure he's still the main villain.

Ah yes, forgot about that Bowser icon when you die. But it does make me wonder what his plan is here. Take over the world? Some universe threatening plot?

Edited on by CM30

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

126. Posted:

iMii wrote:

Check out World 6-3 gameplay:
http://www.gamexplain.com/article-1060-1371014469-e3-2013-sup...
This vertical style of level design gets me more excited than walking around spheres and cylinders.

Also cat tree suits will greatly up the replayability of this mario for me more than most 3D Mario's to say nothing of the multiplayer features.

Still hyped!

OMG tiny Peach was so cute!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo, Dillon, Mallo, Wonder-Red, and Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FalconBlade

127. Posted:

I'm wondering how many worlds there's going to be. Obviously there will probably be 8 main worlds, with a boss fight (probably not always Bowser or Bowser Jr.) at the end of each. But will there be 8 full special worlds, like Super Mario 3D Land, or just one, like Super Mario Galaxy 2/NSMB? I'm leaning towards the latter, it seems like it would take way too long to make full-sized special worlds for the Wii U, but who knows. 8 special worlds would be insanely cool.

The 8-Bit Vista, a Pixelated Panorama
Currently playing: Virtue's Last Reward, Breath of Fire
Currently re-playing: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Comix Zone
Just finished: Crusader of Centy, AKA Soleil

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

128. Posted:

FalconBlade wrote:

I'm wondering how many worlds there's going to be. Obviously there will probably be 8 main worlds, with a boss fight (probably not always Bowser or Bowser Jr.) at the end of each. But will there be 8 full special worlds, like Super Mario 3D Land, or just one, like Super Mario Galaxy 2/NSMB? I'm leaning towards the latter, it seems like it would take way too long to make full-sized special worlds for the Wii U, but who knows. 8 special worlds would be insanely cool.

I'm assuming there'll be lots of new secret worlds in this game. After all, it seems more and more have been added in every major Mario title to date, so I'm expecting more than two extra worlds this time around.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FalconBlade

129. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

FalconBlade wrote:

I'm wondering how many worlds there's going to be. Obviously there will probably be 8 main worlds, with a boss fight (probably not always Bowser or Bowser Jr.) at the end of each. But will there be 8 full special worlds, like Super Mario 3D Land, or just one, like Super Mario Galaxy 2/NSMB? I'm leaning towards the latter, it seems like it would take way too long to make full-sized special worlds for the Wii U, but who knows. 8 special worlds would be insanely cool.

I'm assuming there'll be lots of new secret worlds in this game. After all, it seems more and more have been added in every major Mario title to date, so I'm expecting more than two extra worlds this time around.

Didn't NSMB U only have one secret world, though?

The 8-Bit Vista, a Pixelated Panorama
Currently playing: Virtue's Last Reward, Breath of Fire
Currently re-playing: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Comix Zone
Just finished: Crusader of Centy, AKA Soleil

AuthorMessage
Avatar

baba_944

130. Posted:

I wonder what the print ads will be. I love print ads.

Who are you?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LuigiTheGreenFire

131. Posted:

Bulby wrote:

Hopefully this isn't the only 3D Mario we'll get in the Wii U's lifetime. The game looks great, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but after the Galaxy games, it is very underwhelming.

I still think we'll get a Galaxy-esque Mario game, but with this coming out, it won't be for quite a while.

Agreed. Recently, Nintendo seems to care more about money and pleasing the casual gamers than making truly amazing games.

Nintendo fan for life!

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732

AuthorMessage
Avatar

baba_944

132. Posted:

[quote=Bulby]

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

Hopefully this isn't the only 3D Mario we'll get in the Wii U's lifetime. The game looks great, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but after the Galaxy games, it is very underwhelming.

I still think we'll get a Galaxy-esque Mario game, but with this coming out, it won't be for quite a while.

I say 2016 at latest. Galaxy 2 released 3 years after 1.

Who are you?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BFarmer1980

133. Posted:

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

Bulby wrote:

Hopefully this isn't the only 3D Mario we'll get in the Wii U's lifetime. The game looks great, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but after the Galaxy games, it is very underwhelming.

I still think we'll get a Galaxy-esque Mario game, but with this coming out, it won't be for quite a while.

Agreed. Recently, Nintendo seems to care more about money and pleasing the casual gamers than making truly amazing games.

I don't even know that it's trying to please the casual gamer as much as it is doubling down on the multiplayer landscape. All of these games look good, yeah, but there's really not been much of anything offered to the single-player out there for the Wii U in terms of a new experience. For me, and I feel safe in saying for many others, it's going to take the big, grand, single-player adventure to sell us a console.

That being said, in today's demographic, single-player households without gamer buddies at the ready for multi-player action are most likely in the minority, so it makes sense to address us later down the line from a business standpoint. Doesn't make this any less disappointing, though.

Edited on by BFarmer1980

"Canadian bacon is nothing but stuck-up ham." --My Brother

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FalconBlade

134. Posted:

I kind of hope we get something more like Mario Sunshine, where it's similar to Mario 64 but with a unique twist ("gimmick" if you feel like being derisive). That said, the team that made 3D World is the same team that made Galaxy 2 and 3D Land (Tokyo Software Dev Group No. 2), so it seems unlikely that they've even started on a new 3D Mario game, unless one of the other main Dev Groups has been working on something in secret.

The 8-Bit Vista, a Pixelated Panorama
Currently playing: Virtue's Last Reward, Breath of Fire
Currently re-playing: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Comix Zone
Just finished: Crusader of Centy, AKA Soleil

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dartmonkey

135. Posted:

The reason for lukewarm reception boils down to bloated expectations due to the saturation of 'peripheral' Mario games. It's the spectre of Mario 128 that still haunts even now. Up until World, a Mario game was just that: the next installment in the series. Even while he was karting or golfing or whatever, the next 'proper' Mario game was easy to define. The problem arose after Mario 64, specifically at Spaceworld 2000. Mario 128 was little more than a tech exercise to show some ideas and demonstrate the capabilities of new hardware but the name stuck in peoples' minds. Those ideas went into several different games but the name hung around until Galaxy, butstill it feels like it's hanging around. The gut reaction to 3D World is 'oh, it's not a real Mario game - it's a filler one while they're working on the genre-melting proper one.'
Galaxy 1 and 2 were incredible, true evolutions. This will be brilliant too and rationally I know it's legitimately Mario. But the 128 numbered kid part of me is hankering for... something. I have no idea what it would be though, and maybe Nintendo don't either. Holograms? After Galaxy I don't see what you could do without a fundamental change in tech. I thought the second screen would be integral to any new Mario - that was the route to evolution - but I guess we're still waiting for the true second screen killer app.

Sticky fingers and glossy pads mix only too well

www.dartmonkey.com

Twitter: dartmonkey

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintySince96

136. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land was the first 3D Mario game I didn't play..because it looked extremely plain and boring
I can say the same about this game...doesn't look like much thought was put into the design. Super Mario Sunshine and the Mario Galaxy games were FULL of personality, with every level having unique designs and ambiance. This game just looks TOO Mario.

This is how I feel. But I've decided there's no use complaining anymore. The single-player gamer just really isn't a priority anymore. As long as Nintendo puts in a gimmick like a cat suit, clear pipes, and mediocre multiplayer they know they will sell games. No matter how generic or uninspired. Majority rules.

I'm thankful for the past 17 years since Mario 64, but I just have to come to terms with the fact that those days are over and this is what we're getting from now on.

NintySince96

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

137. Posted:

NintySince96 wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land was the first 3D Mario game I didn't play..because it looked extremely plain and boring
I can say the same about this game...doesn't look like much thought was put into the design. Super Mario Sunshine and the Mario Galaxy games were FULL of personality, with every level having unique designs and ambiance. This game just looks TOO Mario.

This is how I feel. But I've decided there's no use complaining anymore. The single-player gamer just really isn't a priority anymore. As long as Nintendo puts in a gimmick like a cat suit, clear pipes, and mediocre multiplayer they know they will sell games. No matter how generic or uninspired. Majority rules.

I'm thankful for the past 17 years since Mario 64, but I just have to come to terms with the fact that those days are over and this is what we're getting from now on.

Give it a shot (3D Land, that is). I despised it at first but ended up loving it.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Popcorn

138. Posted:

I will love this no doubt. Cat suit looks amazing and the frog suit is returning as well.

Super Mario 64 was okay to me, but to me it hardly felt a ton like a Mario game. Had like no challenge and platforming. Super Mario Sunshine is honestly one of the worst games I ever played in my honest opinion.

Nintendo Network : Popcorn
3ds FC: 2621-2651-7547
Animal Crossing New Leaf Fruit: Pear

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dark-Luigi

139. Posted:

Peach using her hover ability with her dress reminds me of Super Mario Advanced for the Game boy, she did it there too.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
Deviantart Profile. <- Going through a DK phrase.
The Chit Chat crew! <- A thread full of...intresting things.
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintySince96

140. Posted:

Popcorn wrote:

I will love this no doubt. Cat suit looks amazing and the frog suit is returning as well.

Super Mario 64 was okay to me, but to me it hardly felt a ton like a Mario game. Had like no challenge and platforming. Super Mario Sunshine is honestly one of the worst games I ever played in my honest opinion.

Sunshine was awesome!

NintySince96