Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 14,636

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I wouldn't consider the Splatoon maps and weapons to be free DLC but rather removed content from the full game added to make it look like it's free DLC. Take the 4 newly revealed maps for example, they take place in the single player campaign and are even in the Prima guide. Surely that's enough to suggest Nintendo has a weak summer game lineup at E3 and hence doing everything they can to get DLC in as replacements?

I agree with you that this is removed content, but I don't agree with your conclusion. A lack of released games would be no better for a player that doesn't intend to buy Splatoon at all.

The design of Splatoon suggests that it's the Animal Crossing team that are indeed making this game, and that they want to make the user base to stay for a long time. Since when the online community dies in Splatoon, the game dies. You don't have all store content available at all time in Splatoon (since store content shifts daily), and content are added gradually. Just like Animal Crossing.

NoE has 4 retail games arriving in May+June. And NCL has a Nintendo Direct tomorrow, discussing the summer releases for 3DS and Wii U in Japan. The internal design of Splatoon is not related to the overall schedule of Wii U games.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

pXm

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

pXm wrote:

Nintendo could always add a Quick Jump function while playing on a normal controller by simply pressing the button (let's say the "L" one) - the map would show on the screen, you choose the place you want to jump and voila! Oh come on, don't be so picky. It's like saying that, for example, Quake III Arena shouldn't have an option to play against the bots, because... just no. Or any other shooter game.

I'm sure that many Splatoon owners would want this kind of mode to be added. At least I know that I would.

If Quake III Arena had one person play with an extra monitor that showed them the map, and gave them a super jump ability, and the other person just had the ability to run around blind then no it shouldn't be added. I think Nintendo being Nintendo they shouldn't add a simple 2 v bots mode. They should have one person be an inkling, and 2nd player can be the cat doing something support wise, laying down traps for the bots, or tagging areas with spray paint to give neat advantages for the inkling.

I think something like Horde mode in Gears of War would work very well for Splatoon where instead of the Locusts you're fighting against the Octolings. Of course this would be a 4 player online mode (maybe local?) and co-op isn't something Splatoon has seen yet.

Really neat idea, would be fun to play something like this, both on- and offline. Splatoon is a great and fun game to play, so I'm hoping that there're gonna be sequels on the next Nintendo platforms offering even more variety, be it modes, maps or everything else. I know, the first one have JUST come out, but it's already an awesome title and start of the series for me, so keeping my fingers crossed .

Edited on by pXm

Backloggery
MAL
Steam

Switch Friend Code: SW-5304-5175-4719 | 3DS Friend Code: 1135-2113-6384 | My Nintendo: pXm | Nintendo Network ID: pXm | Twitter:

ZuneTattooGuy

jariw wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I wouldn't consider the Splatoon maps and weapons to be free DLC but rather removed content from the full game added to make it look like it's free DLC. Take the 4 newly revealed maps for example, they take place in the single player campaign and are even in the Prima guide. Surely that's enough to suggest Nintendo has a weak summer game lineup at E3 and hence doing everything they can to get DLC in as replacements?

I agree with you that this is removed content, but I don't agree with your conclusion. A lack of released games would be no better for a player that doesn't intend to buy Splatoon at all.

The design of Splatoon suggests that it's the Animal Crossing team that are indeed making this game, and that they want to make the user base to stay for a long time. Since when the online community dies in Splatoon, the game dies. You don't have all store content available at all time in Splatoon (since store content shifts daily), and content are added gradually. Just like Animal Crossing.

NoE has 4 retail games arriving in May+June. And NCL has a Nintendo Direct tomorrow, discussing the summer releases for 3DS and Wii U in Japan. The internal design of Splatoon is not related to the overall schedule of Wii U games.

Yes they made the game, cut levels out and decided to release them as free DLC...that is the dumbest line of logic ever. However Nintendo wanting to support their new IP in a new genre (for them) with free DLC to just be nice guys/gals that is unreasonable....

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

ZuneTattooGuy

Side note: Splatoon Theme is available on 3DS Theme Store for 1.99 in the United States. It features the main theme song, and the super jump sound effect when you launch apps, its awesome!

jariw

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Yes they made the game, cut levels out and decided to release them as free DLC...that is the dumbest line of logic ever.

Why is level 8 and level 20 in single player going to appear later as MP maps?

jariw

ZuneTattooGuy

jariw wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Yes they made the game, cut levels out and decided to release them as free DLC...that is the dumbest line of logic ever.

Because they have to code multiplayer into them. Do you think its as easy as simply flicking a button going, yup now it works. Grow up.

TheMONADO36

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Side note: Splatoon Theme is available on 3DS Theme Store for 1.99 in the United States. It features the main theme song, and the super jump sound effect when you launch apps, its awesome!

It's also available in Europe, I bought it yesterday it's one of the best theme's I've ever bought.

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

TheMONADO36

In fact I'm going to hate myself for it but screw it it's the best theme I ever bought, even better than the Xenoblade theme's.

Edited on by TheMONADO36

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

ZuneTattooGuy

Untitled

Post your Inkling! I love the hate on mine right now

jariw

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Because they have to code multiplayer into them. Do you think its as easy as simply flicking a button going, yup now it works. Grow up.

In what way do they have to "code" multiplayer into them? I have worked on the release on quite a few games myself in the distant past (where some had involved both maps and AI), and I have a pretty good knowledge of C++ and other programming languages (such as Lua game scripting) since I work with it daily, so feel free to get technical.

jariw

Octane

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

jariw wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Eh.. No. Not really. That's not how it works..

Octane

Azooooz

Fun facts:

1. Callie and Marie names are actually a separate name, and when combined, it becomes the name of a sea food, Calamari.
2. The owners of Cooler Heads, Annie and Moe are always together because a anemone is the natural habitat for the clown fish.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

shaneoh

8 hours of splatoon is enough for one day

Out of about 5 hours of online play, only had one disconnection, can't complain about that.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Kai_

Kraken is OP.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Kai_

shaneoh wrote:

Plateface wrote:

Kraken is OP.

My last online game I managed to take out three enemies with one Kraken use. It definitely set their team back.

It's basically bubbler, but better, because of movement and one hit kills

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

NinjaWaddleDee

Anyone else think the motion controls suck? Maybe that's just because I've been playing shooters for a while

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

pXm

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Anyone else think the motion controls suck? Maybe that's just because I've been playing shooters for a while

I also prefer using the control sticks, high-five mate .

Edited on by pXm

Backloggery
MAL
Steam

Switch Friend Code: SW-5304-5175-4719 | 3DS Friend Code: 1135-2113-6384 | My Nintendo: pXm | Nintendo Network ID: pXm | Twitter:

VoodooTrumpet

pXm wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I also prefer using the control sticks, high-five mate .

Same here

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic