Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 14,636

GrailUK

There are no levels that pop up leaving me thinking "Oh no not this one." Sometimes less is more.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

jariw

Inkling wrote:

So, what's your favourite map so far?

For Turf War (after just one day of play), currently Saltspray Rig, since that's the level where it's easiest to do a solo race if I end up in a team with a non-painter.

jariw

jariw

Octane wrote:

Okay, so I understand that the Sunken Scrolls might be difficult to find, but I've been looking for level 18 for 5 minutes now. I can't even find the entrance to that level... I'm sure I've missed something very obvious.

It's accessed through the inkrail system, and it's located below the main platform. On the map, it's very close to the starting point of the zone.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Kai_

Skatepark is the worst imo.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Octane

jariw wrote:

Octane wrote:

Okay, so I understand that the Sunken Scrolls might be difficult to find, but I've been looking for level 18 for 5 minutes now. I can't even find the entrance to that level... I'm sure I've missed something very obvious.

It's accessed through the inkrail system, and it's located below the main platform. On the map, it's very close to the starting point of the zone.

I knew I missed something... Thanks! It's one of the better looking levels I think. It would be neat if we'll get a multiplayer map based on that level.

Octane

pXm

Do you think guys that there's any chance that in the future updates we'll get an option/mode that allows local multiplayer based on the Turf War, but with the bots? After all, majority of this kind of games have an option to play with the CPUs offline, so it would be strange not to, don't you think? I mean, sure, the online play is a blast, but it won't be available forever, which is only natural (unfortunately).

Backloggery
MAL
Steam

Switch Friend Code: SW-5304-5175-4719 | 3DS Friend Code: 1135-2113-6384 | My Nintendo: pXm | Nintendo Network ID: pXm | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Megumi wrote:

...Bleh...my wrist starts hurting, guess I can't play this game for too long. TwT
And Youtube is screwed up with the uploading again...recorded three games. I'll just upload before I head to bed, but anyways yeah...gonna make sure to record some Nintendo Life battles and show you guys how awesome (terrible, lol) I am at this game.
EDIT: Ok it's back to normal, it looks like it'll be up in about 2-ish hours.

Yeah, my wrist and hand hurt from playing this game. Its not the game's fault though, it's the freaking giant gamepad and its weird design. I soooo wish I could just use a pro controller. But that map is pretty helpful.

Also, holy crap that final boss is a difficulty spike! It's honestly the best thing about single player.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

ZuneTattooGuy

CanisWolfred wrote:

Operative wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Megumi wrote:

...Why do people keep saying this game is unfinished? :/

Because they don't understand what the difference is between a "unfinished game" and a "small game with free updates"

I wouldn't call it unfinished. But I think friend lobbies should have been there at launch. Should have been a priority, really.

I genuinely can't see how an online mulitplayer-focused game could be consider 'finished' without it. Microsoft got freakin' Mobbed because they didn't have matchmaking completely right at launch, and rightly so, it' inexcusable. "Don't release a game that people can't play" seems to be a hard pill to swallow for the game industry, and it doesn't help that there are plenty of people willing to roll over and make excuses for them.

Microsoft got chewed out for the Master Chief Collection because they took games that worked perfectly for matchmaking and somehow messed that up. Splatoon is Nintendo's first big push into this field so instead of releasing it broken they decided to release an amazingly fun game so we can get our barrings in it, and they will support it with free DLC. Microsoft only releases free DLC once they have egg on their face.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

ZuneTattooGuy

pXm wrote:

Do you think guys that there's any chance that in the future updates we'll get an option/mode that allows local multiplayer based on the Turf War, but with the bots? After all, majority of this kind of games have an option to play with the CPUs offline, so it would be strange not to, don't you think? I mean, sure, the online play is a blast, but it won't be available forever, which is only natural (unfortunately).

No it would be an unfair advantage for whoever got to use the gamepad. Unless you had one person directing the bots, and the other trying to survive.

pXm

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

pXm wrote:

No it would be an unfair advantage for whoever got to use the gamepad. Unless you had one person directing the bots, and the other trying to survive.

I don't think that it would be THAT much of an advantage for the gamepad player. And even if so, don't forget that I'm talking about an offline mode, in which you could play against the other player or in the same team and fight the CPU team. Also not everyone likes the motion control scheme and prefer to simply use the control sticks on the gamepad. In addition to that, then what'll you say regarding the local Battle Dojo mode, in which you try to shoot more balloons than the other player, eh? After all, (only) one player uses the gamepad, right...? Meaning, your point is invalid.

Edited on by pXm

Backloggery
MAL
Steam

Switch Friend Code: SW-5304-5175-4719 | 3DS Friend Code: 1135-2113-6384 | My Nintendo: pXm | Nintendo Network ID: pXm | Twitter:

ZuneTattooGuy

pXm wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

pXm wrote:

I don't think that it would be THAT much of an advantage for the gamepad player. And even if so, don't forget that I'm talking about an offline mode, in which you could play against the other player or in the same team and fight the CPU team. Also not everyone likes the motion control scheme and prefer to simply use the control sticks on the gamepad. In addition to that, then what'll you say regarding the local Battle Dojo mode, in which you try to shoot more balloons than the other player, eh? After all, (only) one player uses the gamepad, right...? Meaning, your point is invalid.

The Dojo doesn't have Quick Jump or show you where all the balloons are. So your point is invalid. On top of that the reason you player two would be at a disadvantage is they couldn't quick jump around the map. So it would like be having on Inkling and one halfling. lol.

jariw

pXm wrote:

Personally, I think Nintendo will not implement any mode with bots. They will go with the design choices they made for this game. I have always felt like this is a game where the online part of Splatoon will die when the community dies.

Since Nintendo is doing a huge job on the Splatoon IP and its lore, I think that might do a sequel that works differently (bots, different kind of game modes, no dependence on the Gamepad, all controller types in the universe supported, etc, etc) since there are so many approaches to the basic human/squid/paint mechanism, which the single player mode shows.

jariw

pXm

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

pXm wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

pXm wrote:

The Dojo doesn't have Quick Jump or show you where all the balloons are. So your point is invalid. On top of that the reason you player two would be at a disadvantage is they couldn't quick jump around the map. So it would like be having on Inkling and one halfling. lol.

Nintendo could always add a Quick Jump function while playing on a normal controller by simply pressing the button (let's say the "L" one) - the map would show on the screen, you choose the place you want to jump and voila! Oh come on, don't be so picky. It's like saying that, for example, Quake III Arena shouldn't have an option to play against the bots, because... just no. Or any other shooter game.

I'm sure that many Splatoon owners would want this kind of mode to be added. At least I know that I would.

@jariw

Exactly what I'm thinking about - when the community will "dye", it'll be over for the best part of the game. And it would be a shame not to have an option to play Turf Wars offline with friends and bots. Either way, I'm hoping just like you that in the sequel (if it's gonna happen, then it'll be certainly on the next Nintendo console), this mode will be implemented.

Edited on by pXm

Backloggery
MAL
Steam

Grumblevolcano

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Operative wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Megumi wrote:

...Why do people keep saying this game is unfinished? :/

Because they don't understand what the difference is between a "unfinished game" and a "small game with free updates"

I wouldn't call it unfinished. But I think friend lobbies should have been there at launch. Should have been a priority, really.

I genuinely can't see how an online mulitplayer-focused game could be consider 'finished' without it. Microsoft got freakin' Mobbed because they didn't have matchmaking completely right at launch, and rightly so, it' inexcusable. "Don't release a game that people can't play" seems to be a hard pill to swallow for the game industry, and it doesn't help that there are plenty of people willing to roll over and make excuses for them.

Microsoft got chewed out for the Master Chief Collection because they took games that worked perfectly for matchmaking and somehow messed that up. Splatoon is Nintendo's first big push into this field so instead of releasing it broken they decided to release an amazingly fun game so we can get our barrings in it, and they will support it with free DLC. Microsoft only releases free DLC once they have egg on their face.

I wouldn't consider the Splatoon maps and weapons to be free DLC but rather removed content from the full game added to make it look like it's free DLC. Take the 4 newly revealed maps for example, they take place in the single player campaign and are even in the Prima guide. Surely that's enough to suggest Nintendo has a weak summer game lineup at E3 and hence doing everything they can to get DLC in as replacements?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ZuneTattooGuy

pXm wrote:

Nintendo could always add a Quick Jump function while playing on a normal controller by simply pressing the button (let's say the "L" one) - the map would show on the screen, you choose the place you want to jump and voila! Oh come on, don't be so picky. It's like saying that, for example, Quake III Arena shouldn't have an option to play against the bots, because... just no. Or any other shooter game.

I'm sure that many Splatoon owners would want this kind of mode to be added. At least I know that I would.

If Quake III Arena had one person play with an extra monitor that showed them the map, and gave them a super jump ability, and the other person just had the ability to run around blind then no it shouldn't be added. I think Nintendo being Nintendo they shouldn't add a simple 2 v bots mode. They should have one person be an inkling, and 2nd player can be the cat doing something support wise, laying down traps for the bots, or tagging areas with spray paint to give neat advantages for the inkling.

jariw

pXm wrote:

Nintendo could always add a Quick Jump function while playing on a normal controller by simply pressing the button (let's say the "L" one) - the map would show on the screen, you choose the place you want to jump and voila!

Although the Gamepad's primary use is to show the map at all time (while not obstructing the view), it has other uses other than superjumps. Some of the special weapons use it to set the location.

jariw

pXm

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

pXm wrote:

If Quake III Arena had one person play with an extra monitor that showed them the map, and gave them a super jump ability, and the other person just had the ability to run around blind then no it shouldn't be added. I think Nintendo being Nintendo they shouldn't add a simple 2 v bots mode. They should have one person be an inkling, and 2nd player can be the cat doing something support wise, laying down traps for the bots, or tagging areas with spray paint to give neat advantages for the inkling.

Well, that's your opinion, mate . For me it wouldn't be that much of a problem playing without the displayed map or the Quick Jump function. Okay, it wouldn't be a 100% fair match, can't disagree, but just as I'm saying, not that much of a difference for me.

Also remember, that originally there were news about using 2 gamepads in the multiplayer, which would resolve the problem. But we all know how it turned out... What a pity.

Backloggery
MAL
Steam

Grumblevolcano

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

pXm wrote:

I think something like Horde mode in Gears of War would work very well for Splatoon where instead of the Locusts you're fighting against the Octolings. Of course this would be a 4 player online mode (maybe local?) and co-op isn't something Splatoon has seen yet.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ZuneTattooGuy

Pro tip: If you are like me and want to share pictures of your Inkling, but don't want to be restricted just to the main hub. Before entering a match hit Y (Recon) and select one of the two current maps. Then it will load just yourself in it, you can fire your weapons and aim the camera to get great shots of your character. Hit the home button on your Pad, go to the browser then Wii U Image Upload.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic